That Tag Carrera is gorgeous.

Null do you run that commemorative Speedy regularly at least? I'm given to understand if you don't run mechanical watches, all the lubricant settles and it screws em up. I could be completely off base though, I am no watch expert.

Null do you run that commemorative Speedy regularly at least? I'm given to understand if you don't run mechanical watches, all the lubricant settles and it screws em up. I could be completely off base though, I am no watch expert.

This is a watch argument that can be more violent than Ford vs Chevy.

On older watches that don't have silicone components in the movements, it can be pretty rough on them if you leave them 'sleeping' for long periods of time then fire them up. However, its rare to cause actual damage unless something is seized up. Counter to that, the more something moves, the more chance you have to introduce wear and tear on it, which is why lubrication is needed.

For me, this particular watch is as it was when it came out of the factory. It was tested once and then slept. I do take it to my watch maker once a year to make sure all is good, but I like displaying it as it is. All of my other watches that I wear are on winders. Why? Simply because I like them to have the right time and day so that I can grab them, toss it on my wrist, and head out the door. The majority of my watches are relatively new from a movement perspective, so the fear of over winding or not keeping on a winder isn't something that I think about. In addition to that, my watchmaker (who's collection makes mine look like a corner store crack house) only keeps two watches on winders, the rest are all sleeping in his cases.

This is a watch argument that can be more violent than Ford vs Chevy.

On older watches that don't have silicone components in the movements, it can be pretty rough on them if you leave them 'sleeping' for long periods of time then fire them up. However, its rare to cause actual damage unless something is seized up. Counter to that, the more something moves, the more chance you have to introduce wear and tear on it, which is why lubrication is needed.

For me, this particular watch is as it was when it came out of the factory. It was tested once and then slept. I do take it to my watch maker once a year to make sure all is good, but I like displaying it as it is. All of my other watches that I wear are on winders. Why? Simply because I like them to have the right time and day so that I can grab them, toss it on my wrist, and head out the door. The majority of my watches are relatively new from a movement perspective, so the fear of over winding or not keeping on a winder isn't something that I think about. In addition to that, my watchmaker (who's collection makes mine look like a corner store crack house) only keeps two watches on winders, the rest are all sleeping in his cases.

Good info man, thanks! Makes total sense that you'll wear the components more if you run it more. I've wondered, since I don't have a winder for my automatic. But then, I wear it a couple times a week so it doesn't stop too often anyways, except when I travel and I don't bring it.

Good info man, thanks! Makes total sense that you'll wear the components more if you run it more. I've wondered, since I don't have a winder for my automatic. But then, I wear it a couple times a week so it doesn't stop too often anyways, except when I travel and I don't bring it.

You're good to go without a winder wearing it like that.

Newest addition to the family is on the way.

Hamilton Khaki King Scuba Automatic. :cool:

h64515133-2.jpg

64761_v_1370358077.jpg

Awesome pickup Chase! I have almost gotten a Hamilton so many times, and then either flaked or went with something else haha

Newest addition to the family is on the way.

Hamilton Khaki King Scuba Automatic. :cool:

h64515133-2.jpg

Awesome pickup Chase! I have almost gotten a Hamilton so many times, and then either flaked or went with something else haha

Thanks man, this will be my first! I finally pulled the trigger after reading tons of reviews. I'll let you know my thoughts when it arrives Friday, but I have yet to read a negative review about a Hamilton. By all accounts they are just solid quality watches.

Long history at Hamilton, there were concerns in the '70s when Omega (Swatch Group) acquired them thinking they would kill their American roots. IMHO I think they have done well to preserve the history and build on it. I own several :act-up:

Thanks man, this will be my first! I finally pulled the trigger after reading tons of reviews. I'll let you know my thoughts when it arrives Friday, but I have yet to read a negative review about a Hamilton. By all accounts they are just solid quality watches.

I would agree, I have never heard a bad thing about a Hamilton either. Solid quality, good, reasonably original designs, and relatively affordable, which is my sweet spot.

Crap, this thread has been too active lately. Now I want a new watch haha

Hell even Elvis wore a Hammy!

museummain-watch.jpg

Tag Heuer Aquaracer for me

d07f096aafeed992b944227c2babdfdc.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Beauty!

Long history at Hamilton, there were concerns in the '70s when Omega (Swatch Group) acquired them thinking they would kill their American roots. IMHO I think they have done well to preserve the history and build on it. I own several :act-up:

I saw one of yours a few pages back, very nice!

I am so very jealous of all of your guys watches... Gives me something to strive for and work my tail off at work to be able to achieve

Watches

Always great to come home and have your package arrive a day early. This thing is gorgeous.

beeb44c1-0db7-4b9f-b645-1674686ad12c_zpsvnxibdyg.jpg

Lume is strong but subtle in design.

44d22c61-f80d-4ae8-ba4d-39e5e05c0778_zpsbylzyldz.jpg

It's lightweight but feels solid as a tank. I think my first Hammy is a success! :cool:

Last edited:
Hammy is gorgeous! Congrats again dude!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Rocking the Orient Star Standard Date today. Works great with anything from jeans to a suit!

e10e6fbd41786a0c0d8a427f3a61410a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Not too sure how I feel about this, but Citizen to acquire Frederique Constant. The vibe has absolutely nothing to do with Citizen. They are an amazing company and brand, one of my most treasured pieces is a 5510A. What has my mind racing is that FC was making some serious waves with their in-house movement for such a young company with a very affordable luxury look to them. I hope that Citizen lets them continue to do their own thing like they did when they acquired Jaquet and Arnold & son.

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/citizen-to-acquire-frederique-constant

This is my FC-710 Manufacture Classic
10624059_277227345813761_1317867222_n.jpg

Not as fancy as some of the others but this is pretty special to me. It's my first quality watch and it's a beauty AND it came from a THPER.

974d0104d5812c31c55d501c75c15b77.jpg

Not as fancy as some of the others but this is pretty special to me. It's my first quality watch and it's a beauty AND it came from a THPER.

It's a great looking watch!!

LOVE this Eco! Clean classic lines!

Looks good on you bro!

Back