Not as fancy as some of the others but this is pretty special to me. It's my first quality watch and it's a beauty AND it came from a THPER.
Trust me buddy, Citizen Eco-Drive's are great everyday work horses. I wear my Nighthawk almost every day and prefer it over other watches that cost a lot more.
cREionol.jpg

Trust me buddy, Citizen Eco-Drive's are great everyday work horses. I wear my Nighthawk almost every day and prefer it over other watches that cost a lot more.
cREionol.jpg
That thing is SICK.

I love Eco-Drives. So much bang for the buck and nice designs.

I love Eco-Drives. So much bang for the buck and nice designs.

Love Eco-Drives. I have 4 of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been coming in here looking at all the beautiful watches everyone has in here. Man there are some gorgeous watches in here. I have a few nothing as expensive as most but they work for me. Will have to snap a few picks. Mainly Citizens and Invictas.

It's not about the cost or brand. Its all about the love for the watch. Every watch I own was to celebrate a life event or milestone. They all have stories. THAT is what makes a watch awesome!

Vicky and the Seiko making the trip with me this weekend!

0e8be692227f501e608dbfc769fcf64c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

This is about as fancy as I get...

Hey guys check out Crown & Buckle. For those of you who like to change out straps and help a good cause, I can't think of a better way to do it. Just ordered mine, will post pics when it comes in.

Through the #Straps4ACure initiative we will be donating 100% of the proceeds to Breast Cancer Research Foundation in order to support their efforts in preventing, treating, and curing breast cancer. That means every penny of each $16 strap sold will be donated. Purchase yours and help spread the word by using the hashtag #Straps4ACure!

http://www.crownandbuckle.com/straps4acure-breast-cancer-research.html

It's not about the cost or brand. Its all about the love for the watch. Every watch I own was to celebrate a life event or milestone. They all have stories. THAT is what makes a watch awesome!

I agree to some sort. It is about the love for the watch, 100% agree to that. But for me, some of the most beautiful watches I've ever seen are way out of my price range (and usually on your wrist you own like 80% of my dream list) idk if it's because I have expensive taste, or because the more expensive watches are crafted with more time taken. I do agree brand shouldn't matter though.

Dude that Vicky is gorgeous.
Thanks man! It's definitely a favorite of mine, and punches above it's price IMO.

2f9a06ebcf6ae9feb4ccd67308d6288d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I agree to some sort. It is about the love for the watch, 100% agree to that. But for me, some of the most beautiful watches I've ever seen are way out of my price range (and usually on your wrist you own like 80% of my dream list) idk if it's because I have expensive taste, or because the more expensive watches are crafted with more time taken. I do agree brand shouldn't matter though.

If you are like me then the answer may be like what I said in the club design thread. Sometimes you just look at something and without even considering cost or brand you just know you love it. Can't explain it, but it just gets you right in that special place.

The thing about watches from a cost perspective is that there is a huge portion that are out there where it's not the guts and you are paying for the name. Rolex for example. Their movements in the Daytona for years were manufactured by Zenith. An amazing watch company, one of my holy grail watches that I am still saving for is a Zenith. Depending on who you ask, that version vs the in house movement is much more desirable due to Zenith's strong history of amazing accurate movements. Or take the Valjoux 7750 movement. It has been used in everything from Invicta to Omega. Major difference in price points, but the heart that beats is the same design. There is always the argument of attention to detail in the craftsmanship, but the roots of most watches from a movement and design perspective all cross paths.

I have been collecting and saving for a long time. I totally get dreaming about the watch that is out of my price range. I have been lucky enough to have one touch my wrist for about 2 minutes. At $98k that is about as close as I will ever be to owning one.

If you are like me then the answer may be like what I said in the club design thread. Sometimes you just look at something and without even considering cost or brand you just know you love it. Can't explain it, but it just gets you right in that special place.

The thing about watches from a cost perspective is that there is a huge portion that are out there where it's not the guts and you are paying for the name. Rolex for example. Their movements in the Daytona for years were manufactured by Zenith. An amazing watch company, one of my holy grail watches that I am still saving for is a Zenith. Depending on who you ask, that version vs the in house movement is much more desirable due to Zenith's strong history of amazing accurate movements. Or take the Valjoux 7750 movement. It has been used in everything from Invicta to Omega. Major difference in price points, but the heart that beats is the same design. There is always the argument of attention to detail in the craftsmanship, but the roots of most watches from a movement and design perspective all cross paths.

I have been collecting and saving for a long time. I totally get dreaming about the watch that is out of my price range. I have been lucky enough to have one touch my wrist for about 2 minutes. At $98k that is about as close as I will ever be to owning one.

Yeah I agree, I never look at the brand, the movements were something I never considered and there are some beautiful watches well below what I am comfortable spending so I know I will be starting my collection soon. There are also watches that cost 10's of thousands that I would dream are owning. Your 100% right. Sometimes you see a watch and it just hits you that it's a beautiful watch, and it hits you where you can't explain it.

Sometimes you see a watch and it just hits you that it's a beautiful watch, and it hits you where you can't explain it.

This is usually followed quickly by my wife hitting me in the head!

When you are ready or if you have any questions about brands, movements, or histories just let me know. Always happy to chat about watches.

This is usually followed quickly by my wife hitting me in the head!

When you are ready or if you have any questions about brands, movements, or histories just let me know. Always happy to chat about watches.

I will definitely be chatting with you, you definitely have the same tastes in watches as me but a lot more knowledge so you might be able to help me find some in my price range.
Luckily I'm single so no wife to hit me yet

Sunday in the woods means it's INOX day!

13269512_229845164065275_303642641_n.jpg

That's a sick "adventure" watch, need to look into inox watches

Check out the torture tests on YouTube that they do to them.

Check out the torture tests on YouTube that they do to them.

Yeah, those are some insane tests. Might actually be a watch that can deal with my craziness

Alright...I'm going to need some info on that paracord strap. That thing is killer.

So I've been contemplating splurging in a nice watch lately, something I can someday pass down to my son and I thought I would see what you guys might recommend. I know absolutely nothing about watches and I would probably want to stay under $700. Do you guys have recommendations? I'm still debating whether I want something more simplistic and classy looking (leather band, sleek design) or if I want something a little busier so I'm pretty open. Thanks for any thoughts!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

In that range, depending on where you purchase, Hamilton is a great place to look in my opinion. If you have a little more room to work with, Longines is also a great choice.

If you are wanting this to be an heirloom piece, go with a manual or automatic. I would steer away from Quartz if you can. The heart of a watch is just as enjoyable as its looks on the outside.

Back