DB86

Reaction score
Handicap
Got a little bored while the wife was at work a few weekends ago and decided to clean the clubs and do a little stamping on my wedges. I finished up this one, but am still trying to decide on something a little different for the others.
82599b6aed9c4c7ec82868a6814e8491.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got a little bored while the wife was at work a few weekends ago and decided to clean the clubs and do a little stamping on my wedges. I finished up this one, but am still trying to decide on something a little different for the others.

What size stamp is that?

I received a set of 1/4" stamps for Christmas, and I fear they just don't cut it. No matter how hard of a blow, I cannot get a deep/clean stamp out of it.

Well done, looks good.

Looks great!

OK, I'm curious. How do you do that? Is it as simple as getting a stamp and just wacking it really hard? [that's what she said]

Ok, I guess it is that easy. I just found a link to a free set of initial stamps. I'll try it out. Just one more thing for me to tinker with.

Ok, I guess it is that easy. I just found a link to a free set of initial stamps. I'll try it out. Just one more thing for me to tinker with.

It really is that easy. Just have confident in your strike. No tap, tap, tap...you have to hit it pretty good. Once you get a feel for it it gets easy. Practice on some spare metal from around the garage before you use it on your clubs. That will give you an idea of how hard to strike and give you confidence to hit the head. paint fill is just as easy. Just spread it in (messy is fine) and wipe off.

What size stamp is that?

I received a set of 1/4" stamps for Christmas, and I fear they just don't cut it. No matter how hard of a blow, I cannot get a deep/clean stamp out of it.

It's not ALL about how hard you strike them. It has a lot more to do with the surface under the club.

It's not ALL about how hard you strike them. It has a lot more to do with the surface under the club.
So, what's the optimal surface?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Flat. Stable.

Movement or potential movement during stamping spells disaster. I use an old mini anvil my grandpa had and double sided tape to ensure its stable.

I’m going to try to answer all the questions

Yes it is that easy

It is also equally that easy to totally screw up. One mishit or too hard or light of a blow with the hammer and it’s over. Practice practice practice.

I use a 3lb sledge hammer

I use the anvil on my vice to lay the clubs on. I put three layers of duct tape on it and then a layer of masking tape on the club. I will note that it is important for whatever surface you are using to be very solid with no bounce or give. I had to put a 4x4 piece of wood from the floor up to the countertop in my shop to make mine solid enough to stamp on.

I got my stamp set from harbor freight but I can’t remember which size they are and I’m on vacation right now.

Thanks for all of the compliments.

This is not a promotion in any way, but I made this how to a couple of years ago. Notice the foam/rubber drawer liner under the anvil? That makes a huge difference. You want whatever you can to dampen the vibration, but still create a firm surface.

How To Stamp Your Clubs

New Level's come in this week and I've got some new stamp kits coming in too.

Top Gun quotes to come.

Pure fun.

This is not a promotion in any way, but I made this how to a couple of years ago. Notice the foam/rubber drawer liner under the anvil? That makes a huge difference. You want whatever you can to dampen the vibration, but still create a firm surface.

How To Stamp Your Clubs
What size anvil are you using?

That’s awesome dude. Well done.

Man, Mitchell has a stamping jig I reeeeeeally kinda want.

This one?

9257ebdd420ed97b63bdf297c290dee1.jpg

YES!!!!!!

I really got close to ordering one this week. Could make my life a LOT easier.

YES!!!!!!

I really got close to ordering one this week. Could make my life a LOT easier.

You can try it out when you are here if you want. Its good for photos, that's for sure.

Schmancy. Certainly don't see it was a necessity though. Good old anvil works just fine.

Hahahaha, hey, I love my anvil. But the idea of having the head locked in all the way makes me happy.

There’s a couple sweet magnet jigs out there too.

You can try it out when you are here if you want. Its good for photos, that's for sure.

Oh, we could have some fun....

Schmancy. Certainly don't see it was a necessity though. Good old anvil works just fine.

Sure does. If the goal is a bunch of stamping, certainly. It is one of those "lets make something well that's a bit simpler". Mitchell was kind enough to send me one and I am impressed.

Hahahaha, hey, I love my anvil. But the idea of having the head locked in all the way makes me happy.

There’s a couple sweet magnet jigs out there too.

The grind stamp I did on the anvil, but for sole stamps I just use a milling vise. Very effective, and 1/3 of the price.

Back