Votes: 25 26.0%

• Total voters

golfinnut

DANNY LE! WHAT A GUY!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
HEAT!
I was just curious .... with so many wedges out there to choose from, what OEM makes your favorite? And why?

• What do they do for you that others don't?
  • Are you stuck on one brand just because?
  • Have you even compared others?
  • Does it really matter to you? Or do you have 3 different OEM's wedges in your bag?
  • Can you really tell the difference in performance?
Interested to hear what everyone has in their bags this year & why?

Right now for me it's vokey. I just couldn't dial in which grind worked best for me on Callaway and I hosel/heel shanked way too many balls .. I do love my 58/x for the green side bunkers though

My 50 and 54 and vokey. I can hit full and partial shots with ease, though I feel like I lost a little distance with them vs the md5 or whatever I had

I should be due for new wedges this year but we shall see what the finances say :cautious:

Right now I am a huge fan of Sub70 wedges. Great price and they work real well for me.

Love me a Cleveland Wedge. First one I got one I started playing and just always fit my eye. Callaway and Vokey make great ones and I want to hit the new edel, but I have 2 clevelands in the bag and don't see that changing anytime soon.

Im playing with Mizuno t20 right now and while I like my 50 and 56, I'm not getting along with the 60 very well. Don't know if it's the grind or what. I wish I could find a place where I could try wedges outdoors on real grass instead of on turn into a screen. Think I'm gonna toss my old Cleveland 60 back in the bag and see if the magic can return.

Hogan Equalizers. Love the consistency, feel and versatility they offer me. If I were not playing them, I would play Mizuno, which I played prior to the Hogans.

Traditionally I’ve been a Cleveland wedge guy; however, I voted for Callaway here because the PM grind seems to have been designed exactly for me and is my favorite wedge ever. Its the club I lean on most throughout a round by far.

Traditionally I’ve been a Cleveland wedge guy; however, I voted for Callaway here because the PM grind seems to have been designed exactly for me and is my favorite wedge ever. Its the club I lean on most throughout a round by far.

yeah, that's close to me. Cleveland always has been the most consistent for me especially with the turf interaction, but the PM grind is special.

Callaway and it was that way before the Grandaddy. I've always loved the way MD wedges look (not the biggest fan of the name but whatever). I've also appreciated the regular availability of lefty options. I know all of them have LH wedges, but Callaway as a whole has always been great about stock and options for lefties (not just wedges). So it's been easy to stick with them and I don't see myself leaving Callaway anytime soon.

Voted other category, I can't see these Cobra's getting kicked out of the bag anytime soon!

Ping Tour S either the satin or rustique - I'm on like my 10th or 11th in the past 7 years.

Smaller head, rounded leading edge 12* bounce in the 56* and left handed--havent really found anything to knock it out but Im finding it near impossible to find a near-new condition one so I'll be looking at other brands most likely for a suitable replacement.

• What do they do for you that others don't?- Fourteen wedges seem softer than casted. I really like M-grinds.

• Are you stuck on one brand just because? Look, softer forging.
  • Have you even compared others? Vokey SM4
  • Does it really matter to you? Or do you have 3 different OEM's wedges in your bag? Yes, I like to keep all the same wedges for consistent feel.
  • Can you really tell the difference in performance? Maybe, it really depends on the ball and grinds.

I am going to buy new Vokeys this year because I got fitted in the fall and know what loft/lie/bounce combination works in their products. I would imagine that with a fitting I could find other wedges that work.

Right now for me it's vokey. I just couldn't dial in which grind worked best for me on Callaway and I hosel/heel shanked way too many balls .. I do love my 58/x for the green side bunkers though

My 50 and 54 and vokey. I can hit full and partial shots with ease, though I feel like I lost a little distance with them vs the md5 or whatever I had

This is pretty much the same for me. My 48 & 54 are easy full shot clubs when needed and the 58 is super smooth when opening up the face as much as I need too. I saw a bit of distance loss in comparison to both the Callaway Jaws and Cleveland 588s, but it wasn't anything that made me second guess my move to Vokey.

I gamed Mizuno's for a while and liked them, but with wedges I'm not a fan of the softer feel and feedback they gave me. Irons, thats a different story :)

My Cleveland CBX2's are some of the most consistent clubs in my bag. Forgiving and plenty versatile enough for my game. One of the best golf purchases I've made.

I'm biased, but it's Edel for me. The blend of craftsmanship and premium materials is excellent, but the technology is what sets them apart for me. I've used a number of other brands and some worked better than others. Finding the right grinds is essential, regardless of the manufacturer. When you nail that down, the ability to adjust the weights to further fit your swing type puts them over the top.

I spent about 90 minutes testing Vokey, Cleveland, Callaway, and Ping at demo day. I bought the Ping Glides because I could execute different shots most consistent with them. When I replace them, I will probably do the same thing.

I am going to buy new Vokeys this year because I got fitted in the fall and know what loft/lie/bounce combination works in their products. I would imagine that with a fitting I could find other wedges that work.

+1, I'm getting fitted at Titleist next week and learn about how wedges really work and the new SM9s.

+1, I'm getting fitted at Titleist next week and learn about how wedges really work and the new SM9s.

I did a full fitting at Titleist in Acushnet and really enjoyed the wedge component of it.

I'm a Tour Edge loyalist. I have no idea how good their wedges are, when compared to other brands in someone else's bag.

I have tried other brands, but found no reason to switch from T.E. Nothing I tried was any better, or worse than T.E. ..... that I could tell.

Currently play vokey wedges. That could change really want to try the Edel wedges. I’m do new wedges fairly soon based on rounds played. Edel will sure be on the ponder list.

Other.
Edel.

INCREDIBLE attention to detail and the weight system is the real deal.

Cleveland has always been good to me.

I have had very solid experience with Callaway as well.

I’ve only played a few rounds with it, but the Callaway JAWS Full Toe wedge is awesome. I’m still getting used to it and had some issues early on with soggy soggy ground, but around the green this thing has been super versatile and confidence inspiring. Looking forward to putting in play for a full season.

Haven't played a lot of different wedges but have always had good success for my abilities with Ping offerings.

Back