Votes: 22 22.9%
  • TaylorMade

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Mizuno

Votes: 8 8.3%
  • Other

Votes: 25 26.0%

• Total voters
Other - Cobra Pro Tour Raw work great for me, solid and go where I aim them!

For me, it’s Cleveland, then Callaway. Thought the SM8’s would be something awesome and they just come off the face dead. Didn’t have that issue with the RTX 3’s or the MD4’s.

Right now I am a huge fan of Sub70 wedges. Great price and they work real well for me.
I have to agree. I just tried my new ones on the range for the first time and they performed great.

• What do they do for you that others don't?
  • Are you stuck on one brand just because?
  • Have you even compared others?
  • Does it really matter to you? Or do you have 3 different OEM's wedges in your bag?
  • Can you really tell the difference in performance?
Interested to hear what everyone has in their bags this year & why?

They work...

Sort of stuck on them, because they work for me.

I have compared in store, but not on the course.

I like having all three wedges from the same series - if I had multiple OEM's, or multiple series it would mess with my head.

I can tell the difference with this set over the previous used set I had. Not sure I'd find much difference between OEM's honestly.

I bought this set new last year, I'll get at least one more full season out of them before I feel like they aren't sharp enough... probably two more if I'm being honest and not just trying to justify a purchase :D

Vokey's

Dunno why.......I guess they are like a pair of favorite socks after playing them for so long.

I'm playing Ping wedges at the moment and they feel too light compared to my usual Vokey's.

love callaway wedges. md3 and md5 have been fantastic for me.

tough to beat vokey as well.

cobra makes a great wedge too.

and the new mizuno look amazing.

i have a set of Edel’s and a set of Miura’s. Both are easy to use, tough to choose which I prefer but they are both the best wedges I have ever had.

Always was a vokey guy but bought a Callaway jaws wedge and I love it.

Unless I go back to using a special purpose dedicated sand iron,
the lob wedge is the only add-on wedge that I need beyond set-matching wedges.

The Titleist L-Grind is for me head and shoulders above any other modern wedge that I've tried.
Unfortunately, they've eliminated it in every loft except 60.
I had to have an SM6 58-04 rebuilt, but I do love the Titleist/Vokey L Grind. It matches my finesse game around the greens.

Looks like a lot of you have "other" wedges & Cleveland so far. :unsure:

I did a full fitting at Titleist in Acushnet and really enjoyed the wedge component of it.

When you got fitted, did Titleist give you any free Pro v1s?

Hogan Equalizers. Feel / response is good for me and the leading edge and trailing edge grind works well. As mentioned above it is a versatile club.

Ultimately, all I care about is what works. The vokeys I had were pretty wedges, but there was no room for error. If you didn’t hit a crisp shot, I felt I was punished a little. The Ping Glide 3.0 wedges I have, whilst not the prettiest flat out perform. Even if I had a bit of a chunky chip, these clubs help me a tonne and still get the ball rolling towards to hole. My short game has improved massively with these.

I am currently absolutely in love with my Edel SMS wedges. I just hit them so well. Point and shoot at pins. very versatile around the greens.

That said, I'm really looking forward to getting to know Cobra wedges soon.

I switch balls now when I am hitting a couple with the Jaws full toe. It literally shreds the cover haha. Very happy with the grind and leading edge on these compared to the old PM Grinds.

I voted vokey Always had good luck with their wedges and like the feel

Titleist/Vokey, mainly out of habit ... but Mizuno's softer feel is coming on strong!

I've got Cleveland in my bag. The CBX2's are pretty forgiving. If Callaway makes one like that I'll look at them. Otherwise I'll stick with Cleveland CBX2

I don’t have enough experience with other brands but at this point I enjoy cobra far more than the new Cleveland. I enjoyed the Ping Glide Stealth as well.

Vokey or Callaway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have always been a vokey guy. Was so looking forward to the Edels. Missed out on original selection. Then this morning get a huge surprise. I’m getting to check out the Edel wedges and irons. Can’t wait

Have had a few different OEM's and ever since the RTX line started, I've never switched. Never say never as once I find something I like better, it's in the bag.

Been on the Callaway train for a long time. I think a lot of that was that they had configurations that worked for me like the PM grind LW that was cheating out of traps. I did try others but never found that same comfort level. Giving the Edels a shot this year based on some of the feedback here. So far so good. They really do look and feel amazing. Still need to get them dialed in but so far I'm a fan.

still playing Ping Tour Gorge 47º SS and 56º WS with Fujikura Pro 95i Stiff

would look at Cleveland CBX 2 or RTX Full Face when the time comes

Callaway wedges. For one reason and one reason only. .R. Roger Cleveland. He's the wedge master....

Back