Wesley Bryan plays a round in under 90 minutes at BMW

UberPete

Golfin' in the Hammer
Reaction score
Handicap
no skill?
I don't like to feel rushed when I play. I am happy to let others play through so I'm not holding anyone up.

Just spotted this clip of Wesley Bryan playing a full round at the BMW in under 90 minutes. Crazy. I mean, he had the help of his caddie and no one holding him up, but still...

90 minute round

To me if nobody is in front of you, that seems about right.
You go to ball, hit ball and go to ball again. :ROFLMAO:

I agree @JB. More golfers should learn by this example!

That's still a quick round. If no one is holding me up (without a caddie) I tend to play right at 3 hours walking. If I didn't lose time looking for bad shots, I'd bet that would come down more, but still 90 minutes is booking it!

That being said, YES people should learn from this example. multiple practice swings and standing over the ball for 30 second trying to pull the trigger isn't likely helping you score better. But if we all played faster, we could all play more, which MIGHT help you score better :cool:

So it IS possible! Now, if only all of the other golfers pro and amateur alike would take notice of this and do the same.:ROFLMAO:

Here he is tossing clubs back and forth with the caddie to save time.
Screenshot_20200902-110834_Brave.jpg

And the two of them after he sinks the putt on the 18th hole.
Screenshot_20200902-110901_Brave.jpgScreenshot_20200902-110905_Brave.jpg

To me if nobody is in front of you, that seems about right.
You go to ball, hit ball and go to ball again. :ROFLMAO:

I can agree with this sentiment, but it's obvious from that viewpoint that you have good vision.

Opportunity to get some attention for himself anyway. The young guys are learning.
3 hour round isn't tough at all, but 90 minutes is just not even fun to think about. In a cart? Sure.

I remember when this happened. 90 min is pretty fast at a tour event. I can play an entire round in probably just under 2 hours with a cart and not feel too rushed, maybe just a little rushed. But 90 min in a tour event is screaming...

Good on him for doing it. Sounds like he played pretty good as well.

If I could hit the ball as few times per round as Wes does and I had a caddie to schlep my bag, I'd think right around 90 minutes would be a typical time for me. I do not take practice swings or ponder club selection or freeze over the ball like most people. It's simply the total walking time plus about 15 second per shot for me.

Playing alone and using a push cart, I probably get 18 holes done in 2:15-2:20. 90 minutes is terrific.

Love a quick game

<5 minutes a hole is just obscene....lol. None the less, good for him.

My normal walking speed is 2.5 mph, once I get warmed up, and hit my stride. Not sure what yardage the BMW played at, but I could probably walk it under 90 minutes, as long as I wasn't taking time outs for club selection, to hit balls, green reads, and most likely taking 12-15 more strokes than he did.

I love when a group in carts is behind me on the 1st tee when walking, and they start getting huffy with the starter like I'm gonna hold them up for the day. I usually can't even see them behind me by the third hole. ;)

first one out - on my own and in a cart - done and ordering breakfast in under 90 mins ..... then I go and get the cash from my buddies who think I just got out of bed.

Could have saved another 5-7 minutes if he stopped taking the flag in and out.

Who cares.....that is not a round that is any fun.

<5 minutes a hole is just obscene....lol. None the less, good for him.

My normal walking speed is 2.5 mph, once I get warmed up, and hit my stride. Not sure what yardage the BMW played at, but I could probably walk it under 90 minutes, as long as I wasn't taking time outs for club selection, to hit balls, green reads, and most likely taking 12-15 more strokes than he did.
remember it's not just 5 per hole, it's 5 tee to tee

I’ve played 18 in 90 mins before as the first tee time out & by myself. Shouldn’t take more than 5 mins a hole.

that's cool but he's definitely rushing a bit and not just playing quickly

I mean that's cool. I personally have no interest in trying to play golf as fast as I can. I hate being slowed down too much and I hate being rushed.

I played in 1:54 today and it was great. Only got behind one twosome for 2 holes (4&5) before they let us play through. Met up with a single that I'd played with before on 1 (he played the back first) and played the front with him, then played the back alone. I had 1 par and 1 triple on the front and shot a 45 (+10). I had 2 bogies and a double on the back and shot a 39 (+4). Lightning showed up on hole 17, then it started pouring rain on 18. I made par on the way in and I was damn happy about it, too.

Back