Western New York, Albany, Syracuse, Northwest Pennsylvania & surrounding areas

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you wanted to there is a great place called Abe's off 104 near Twin Hills etc. that has great grill food, unless people were set on Deerfield's snack shop food.
Also I have a few places in mind in downtown Rochester that are relatively new that would be great for dinner.

Never been to Abe's but drive by it a lot. As far as dinner is concerned there is countless places to choose from with avoiding chains and tons of places with great beer.

As far as dinner is concerned there is countless places to choose from with avoiding chains and tons of places with great beer.
For sure...MacGregor's, Victoire, Jeremiah's and Donnelly's or Mulconry's in Fairport have great food/beer.

For sure...MacGregor's, Victoire, Jeremiah's and Donnelly's or Mulconry's in Fairport have great food/beer.
These are great ideas, but keep in mind that we may have a few guys from Buffalo with us. Since we are playing on West side of a Rochester, probably want to keep dinner on that side as well.

These are great ideas, but keep in mind that we may have a few guys from Buffalo with us. Since we are playing on West side of a Rochester, probably want to keep dinner on that side as well.

I agree, anything more East than the city wouldn't be ideal for the west side guys. Finding good food and beer should be the easiest part of this golf gathering lol.

I drove my girlfriend to Oak Hill to grab her Ipad which she forgot in the kitchen, dear god the course looked amazing. The condition of the course right now looks so good, I walked up to the first hole or ninth hole(?) right next to the club house and it's just a downhill view of white sand bunkers and plush fairways. I'm all over her to get me an employee guest play on a Monday!

I drove my girlfriend to Oak Hill to grab her Ipad which she forgot in the kitchen, dear god the course looked amazing. The condition of the course right now looks so good, I walked up to the first hole or ninth hole(?) right next to the club house and it's just a downhill view of white sand bunkers and plush fairways. I'm all over her to get me an employee guest play on a Monday!
Nice!Remember your friends.

Nice!Remember your friends.

They are supposedly changing their employee guest policy to allow family or spouses to play golf on Monday before 8am, but that might be a rumor. All of my girlfriend's co-workers told me it would be no problem to get me on the course for a round though, I'm still waiting to see if that will actually happen.

I feel ya Golds, playing at Locust Hill was such a cool experience. Just seeing how nice the sand in the bunkers were and the grass being so plush, was like night and day!

I feel ya Golds, playing at Locust Hill was such a cool experience. Just seeing how nice the sand in the bunkers were and the grass being so plush, was like night and day!

Locust Hill is very nice, but Oak Hill is something else. The lifestyle of the members and how they are treated like kings/Queens is something I could never imagine. Just the stories and listening to my girlfriend talk about her day at work, it's just mind boggling how the members have everything at their finger tips lol. They DEFINITELY are paying for what they are getting, but if you can afford a membership to Oak Hill I don't see how a golfer could pass it up.

They are supposedly changing their employee guest policy to allow family or spouses to play golf on Monday before 8am, but that might be a rumor. All of my girlfriend's co-workers told me it would be no problem to get me on the course for a round though, I'm still waiting to see if that will actually happen.

I can't tell you how many times it was 'no problem'. I'm still waiting after 26 years.

Mcginnies on east river rd has great food for a sports bar

I can't tell you how many times it was 'no problem'. I'm still waiting after 26 years.

New GM is changing A LOT of things internally and all the new management is night and day different from the old reign. It was very surprising how badly run one of the top country clubs in the country was (as far as the kitchen was concerned).

Not only is my girlfriend the pastry chef, but my brother is also a cook there, my chances are good!

Going to make tee times for next Sunday in the next day or so. I would like to get a count for who is in Sunday, 8/31. We will do a round in the morning at Deerfield and a round in the afternoon at Twin Hills.

Looking forward to catching up!

Going to make tee times for next Sunday in the next day or so. I would like to get a count for who is in Sunday, 8/31. We will do a round in the morning at Deerfield and a round in the afternoon at Twin Hills.

Definitely in for afternoon round at Twin Hills. Possibly Sunday morning!

I'll let you know ASAP whether I'll be able to make it out or not. I still don't go to the doctor until Thursday, but I expect good news. I may be going away for Labor Day, but nothing definite yet.

I'm sure Derrick will be in with me as well Aaron.

Gotta check with my buddy Paul if he's still in for Sunday, also gonna see if my other friend Josh and FIL Fred want in!

Gotta check with my buddy Paul if he's still in for Sunday, also gonna see if my other friend Josh and FIL Fred want in!
Great! ! Let me know as soon as you can and we can plan accordingly.

I'd like to do the morning round but I'd rather play Twin Hills if I had to choose one. What times we thinking?

I'd like to do the morning round but I'd rather play Twin Hills if I had to choose one. What times we thinking?
We have a lot of guys that want to play Twin Hills in the afternoon, which is why we have it then.

I am hoping Deerfield tee times in the am will be around 8. That should give us time to finish, grab some lunch before Twin Hills which I am shooting for 2-2:30.

We have a lot of guys that want to play Twin Hills in the afternoon, which is why we have it then.

I am hoping Deerfield tee times in the am will be around 8. That should give us time to finish, grab some lunch before Twin Hills which I am shooting for 2-2:30.

8am! I guess I better leave by 6am.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back