Western New York, Albany, Syracuse, Northwest Pennsylvania & surrounding areas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of shaft flex, I have begun pondering my current driver set up which is the RBZ bonded with the stock matrix x con 5 regular shaft. The shaft is built for a SS in the 80's and mine ranges from 95-100. I also seem to get a lot of spin on the ball without any roll out and even sometimes the ball will check up and I find a mark in front of the ball on the fairway. I naturally have a straight ball path with a soft slice here and there and I really think I am missing out on distance and overall performance with my current set up. Where in Rochester is there a legitimate launch monitor where I could get fitted with a driver for an affordable price?
Custom Golf Advantage all day long. Unless you want to come out Batavia way, then Plum Creek.

Custom Golf Advantage looks pretty sweet, thanks. I may just take the plunge and get a new driver through my work's sales points program for free. Going between the SLDR with the Fujikura Speeder or the Big Bertha with the Fubuki Z. Could just stop at the dreaded Golf Galaxy and swing them.

Custom Golf Advantage looks pretty sweet, thanks. I may just take the plunge and get a new driver through my work's sales points program for free. Going between the SLDR with the Fujikura Speeder or the Big Bertha with the Fubuki Z. Could just stop at the dreaded Golf Galaxy and swing them.
I'd definitely give both a swing before taking the plunge. Out of those 2 I'd go Big Bertha. That's just me tho, myself and the SLDR didn't get along the greatest, but there's a gazillion reviews on both drivers in their respected threads.

I'd definitely give both a swing before taking the plunge. Out of those 2 I'd go Big Bertha. That's just me tho, myself and the SLDR didn't get along the greatest, but there's a gazillion reviews on both drivers in their respected threads.

Yeah I am going to swing them both before doing anything but I was leaning toward the big bertha as well. I've heard the SLDR isn't too friendly for mid-cappers.

Yeah I am going to swing them both before doing anything but I was leaning toward the big bertha as well. I've heard the SLDR isn't too friendly for mid-cappers.
Isn't friendly at all IMO lol. Low mid or high lol.

Cannot believe I had to pass up playing a round of golf on December 26th in Western, NY. Had a chance to play Terry Hills tomorrow with Allan (buckbug). Would have been the latest I've ever played an actual round in a season. This cold/flu that just won't go away has me at the doctor tomorrow instead. This really could have gone in the rant thread.

Get better soon. I am playing tomorrow and will hit a couple star shots just for you

You should check out the X2Hot, recently bought it on a whim. Went twice to the range to test it, cut a half inch off before the second time since I like playing 45.5" drivers. This thing is a bomb, so straight and forgiving. I actually end up drawing the ball which almost never happens with my driver. What's even more crazy is I set it at neutral/standard, no draw setting. I have not hit it on the course, but I'd imagine I gained some yds vs. my Covert (which is a great driver too).

BTW gonna golf tomorrow somewhere with Plin in Rochester if anyone else has got the itch!

You should check out the X2Hot, recently bought it on a whim. Went twice to the range to test it, cut a half inch off before the second time since I like playing 45.5" drivers. This thing is a bomb, so straight and forgiving. I actually end up drawing the ball which almost never happens with my driver. What's even more crazy is I set it at neutral/standard, no draw setting. I have not hit it on the course, but I'd imagine I gained some yds vs. my Covert (which is a great driver too).

BTW gonna golf tomorrow somewhere with Plin in Rochester if anyone else has got the itch!

The X2hot comes with one of the shafts I was fitted for on the Aldila fitting software, The Tour Blue Stiff. I Might have to check that one out as well, thanks.

The X2hot comes with one of the shafts I was fitted for on the Aldila fitting software, The Tour Blue Stiff. I Might have to check that one out as well, thanks.
Played Friday and Saturday this past week at Southern Meadows and Shadow Pines, my range testing translated perfectly to the course. I was driving the ball longer and straighter with the X2Hot than my Covert and my Covert was one of the best drivers I have ever used. Absolutely love this driver, Callaway does it again!

Played Friday and Saturday this past week at Southern Meadows and Shadow Pines, my range testing translated perfectly to the course. I was driving the ball longer and straighter with the X2Hot than my Covert and my Covert was one of the best drivers I have ever used. Absolutely love this driver, Callaway does it again!

I swung the X2hot, bio cell, and Bertha today and even though I really wanted to like the Bertha I fell in love with the bio cell. The X2hot was actually the worst one for me in all facets, just goes to show every swing is different. The Bertha was a close second but the bio cell was very consistent and I could really go at it and still smack the sweet spot.

Hey guys just thought I'd put a plug in for the NYSGA. If you want to play some competitive golf on some incredible NY courses check out the link below. You get an official GHIN handicap if you join and the tournaments are only $85. They are 18 holes of individual stroke play, gross and net score, with 100% of a player's course handicap applied for net results.

http://www.nysga.org/amateur-series-schedule

Hey guys just thought I'd put a plug in for the NYSGA. If you want to play some competitive golf on some incredible NY courses check out the link below. You get an official GHIN handicap if you join and the tournaments are only $85. They are 18 holes of individual stroke play, gross and net score, with 100% of a player's course handicap applied for net results.

Since i am only 5 mins from the border I thought this would be cool to try but as a nonresident I have to be a member of a NY Club in order to be elegible so that's out the window for me.:angry:

Since i am only 5 mins from the border I thought this would be cool to try but as a nonresident I have to be a member of a NY Club in order to be elegible so that's out the window for me.:angry:

I could very well be wrong, but you may be able to join the Southern Tier eClub.

I swung the X2hot, bio cell, and Bertha today and even though I really wanted to like the Bertha I fell in love with the bio cell. The X2hot was actually the worst one for me in all facets, just goes to show every swing is different. The Bertha was a close second but the bio cell was very consistent and I could really go at it and still smack the sweet spot.

Good deal Golds! I actually have been contemplating the Bio Cell for some time and if it wasn't for the X2Hot I would have bought that.

Guys lets keep this thread to the location stuff and keep equipment talk to the appropriate section of the forum. Thanks.

And...I totally forgot to bring this up to Dean on Tuesday night. We weren't on the same simulator though (not even close), so we didn't get much of a chance to chat. I'll set a reminder in my phone for this week. Just like last year's schedule, there are a BUNCH of courses that I would like to play on that list.

the schedule is impressive this year with the venues. I played the Albany CC one last year. It was fun even though I played like crap. Definitely plan on playing more this year.

the schedule is impressive this year with the venues. I played the Albany CC one last year. It was fun even though I played like crap. Definitely plan on playing more this year.
I don't plan on breaking my wrist this year either. Andy and I were already talking about putting a foursome together for one of the Turning Stone Courses in April. It's a Monday, and I'm already off.

I don't plan on breaking my wrist this year either. Andy and I were already talking about putting a foursome together for one of the Turning Stone Courses in April. It's a Monday, and I'm already off.

I like that idea. Yeah I was in the middle of that round at ACC when you told me you broke your wrist.

I like that idea. Yeah I was in the middle of that round at ACC when you told me you broke your wrist.
Do you have a preference between Kaluhyat and Shenendoah. I do, but would play either.

Do you have a preference between Kaluhyat and Shenendoah. I do, but would play either.

I think Shenedoah is the better of the 2. Am I correct?

One THPer said Kaluhyat was tricked out and Shenendoah was a better track. Looking at both of them Kaluhyat looks like a nightmare...really difficult.

I think Shenedoah is the better of the 2. Am I correct?
I am in complete agreement. From a look, condition, and layout perspective. I think Andy mentioned we re-upped our NYSGA membership some time in February? And it's not too long after that these sign-ups open up...or am I crazy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back