Western New York, Albany, Syracuse, Northwest Pennsylvania & surrounding areas

Status
Not open for further replies.
to the guys in the Albany area, I was hoping to go down to the Saratoga raceway this summer, when is the best time to go there?
Are you talking about the horse track?

Every day that it is open! One of my favorite things to do at the track is people watch, so I actually prefer to go on the weekends when it's more crowded. Sunday's are give-away days in case you want a free hat, bag, t-shirt, or bobble head doll.

No racing on Tuesdays.

I love going up first thing in the morning. They open the gates at 7:00 am and you can go into the picnic area and throw a blanket down on a picnic table and set up your area. There is also breakfast right out trackside and you can watch the horses go through their early morning workout. You can also take a guided tour of the backstretch (the stables and jockey quarters). It's free and very cool. Then they kick everyone out around 9:30 (I think) and reopen the gates at 11:00 (when you pay your admission). As long as you set up your picnic area before they kick you out, you are all set for the day when they let you back in at 11:00.

You can pay additional to get into the grandstand and/or the clubhouse, but I prefer to wander the picnic area and the space between the front stretch and the grandstand at the rail.

I could give you a ton of additional info and suggestions as to what you might be wanting to do, so send me a pm if you have any questions.

The season is only like 6 weeks long, essentially just show up in August. Open every day but Tuesday. Pete's got some great info.

The meet runs July 24 - September 7 to be exact.

Great info guys, thanks. When does it start, in july?

I finally scored a par on one of my local nemesis holes, #9 at Buffalo Tournament Club. About a 390 yard par 4, water on the right trees on the left. Hit a decent drive to the left side of the fairway, 9 iron to about 10', birdie putt burned the edge. View is from behind the green.

Sent from my D5316 using Tapatalk

I finally scored a par on one of my local nemesis holes, #9 at Buffalo Tournament Club. About a 390 yard par 4, water on the right trees on the left. Hit a decent drive to the left side of the fairway, 9 iron to about 10', birdie putt burned the edge. View is from behind the green.

Great par Andy! That course looks to be in fantastic shape.

Great par Andy! That course looks to be in fantastic shape.

Thanks Jimmy, it was a little wet but otherwise in really nice shape. You would like the course, I still say it's got the nicest greens in the area.

Nice par!! Such a great feeling when you conquer that nemesis.

Thanks Jimmy, it was a little wet but otherwise in really nice shape. You would like the course, I still say it's got the nicest greens in the area.

Looks really nice! I might have to check that course out, it looks to be fairly close to Rochester.

Looks really nice! I might have to check that course out, it looks to be fairly close to Rochester.
Not too far, in Lancaster, about an hour I would think.

Congrats...I don't think I have par'd that hole yet.

That course looks great, Ive never played there. Congrats on that par!

You did mean today, right? :)

Lock it up.

This guy is...............................................................IN.

Lock it up.

This guy is...............................................................IN.

Does this mean we might actually get to tee it up together finally?????!!!!!!

We should put a friendly skins game or team match if possible. Throw a few bucks on the line so I have some motivation to get my head out of my rear end lol.

Dibs on Pete's foursome!!!!
Why? You want to learn how to hook the snot out of the ball? :rockon:

Does this mean we might actually get to tee it up together finally?????!!!!!!
I hope so buddy. I'd love to drool all over the Bridgestone sexiness in your bag. :drool:

sounds like a heck of a foursome...time to put in some work so I don't embarrass myself
No worries about that. I'll bring ear plugs for when you roll that putter. :dazed:

I hope so buddy. I'd love to drool all over the Bridgestone sexiness in your bag. :drool:

No worries about that. I'll bring ear plugs for when you roll that putter. :dazed:
I already know how to hit a power draw. That's what I call it to make myself feel better about hooking it. And do I bring the Ben Hogan 1415 that my old man got in 1972 when he was 12 to have a contest on who has the loudest putter?? God that story about that putter was old after 89386th time he told it lol.

We should put a friendly skins game or team match if possible. Throw a few bucks on the line so I have some motivation to get my head out of my rear end lol.
Sounds good to me, I have the same problem with my head relocating to a bad position.

I can bring earplugs from work for everyone on the course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back