Western New York, Albany, Syracuse, Northwest Pennsylvania & surrounding areas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just some other initial foursome ideas, definitely subject to change. We have 1 more spot if anyone has somebody in mind.

Group 1: six4three5, emart, greggdrews, O'Carroll
Group 2: Plin, Jess, Jay, Choppstixxx
Group 3: moosejaa, Krispyk, Golds, BigE
Group 4: Paul, Jim, +1

Just some other initial foursome ideas, definitely subject to change. We have 1 more spot if anyone has somebody in mind.

Calling Jake from State Farm!! (VTHokies)

I know a guy from the Pittsburgh area that would be a great fill in.....vthokies20 aka Jake from State Farm

Even if it's just for signed dollar bills or choice of THP avatar. I need something!

IDK how the details would work but Im thinking teams would have to be you and Eric aka Team Puma vs me and Ocarroll aka Team......

IDK how the details would work but Im thinking teams would have to be you and Eric aka Team Puma vs me and Ocarroll aka Team......
Haha I've expanded the wardrobe quite a bit but I still have a bunch of good puma looks in the closest. :)

Do you think we could get away with a fifteensome and all play together? After all we did squeeze 30 into one hotel room without having SWAT raid the place. Lol

Team Daly…

Team Daly…
So we both get to tee off with them holding the tee in their mouth right?? Sorry for catching that drive fat...... lol

Team Daly…
Not sure of your plans on Thursday night, but if it'd help at all you're more than welcome to crash here Thursday night and I can drive us to Buffalo bud. I'll be sure to have a few Guinness here for ya or we can head to O'Lacy's for a few.

Not sure of your plans on Thursday night, but if it'd help at all you're more than welcome to crash here Thursday night and I can drive us to Buffalo bud. I'll be sure to have a few Guinness here for ya or we can head to O'Lacy's for a few.
I'm undecided. It depends if I like the guys I'm scheduled to play that night or not. Also, google maps shows it as 4 hrs, 45 mins to the course. That's not awful and I could probably do it in 4. #fasterthanaspeedingticket

Just think, only about 20 more years of hearing about the Ben hogan 1415 putter that I got in 1972 from my father on my 12th birthday

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Just think, only about 20 more years of hearing about the Ben hogan 1415 putter that I got in 1972 from my father on my 12th birthday

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

The putter was definitely noticeable and might have called a few animals home for chow when it struck the ball :D

But it you were rolling it well. Gotta play what works.

The last spot has been filled by Shankosaurus, we've got 16. Thanks Jim!

Sent from my D5316 using Tapatalk

Looks like quite the outing we're gonna have. Wouldn't mind playing tournament skins for drinks.

Looks like quite the outing we're gonna have. Wouldn't mind playing tournament skins for drinks.

Handicapped of course :)

you guys are getting quite a group for this event, I wish I could make it.

you guys are getting quite a group for this event, I wish I could make it.

You'll be missed, Marty. Too bad you couldn't talk the GF into a romantic weekend in Niagara Falls to celebrate the USA's birthday with a slight detour for you for a quick round of golf :)

You'll be missed, Marty. Too bad you couldn't talk the GF into a romantic weekend in Niagara Falls to celebrate the USA's birthday with a slight detour for you for a quick round of golf :)

yeah, maybe next time. I have heard of an outing in july in the Albany/Saratoga area, is that still happening?

OK, with the exception of the "Man Crush" group that's already set, the rest of us will have to figure out what to do with the other three(3) foursomes. Got any thoughts, post em up.

OK, with the exception of the "Man Crush" group that's already set, the rest of us will have to figure out what to do with the other three(3) foursomes. Got any thoughts, post em up.
I'm fine with your earlier suggested groups.

Handicapped of course :)
I read into how to handicap skins, this came up and I think it'll work out. $5 per player? No more than 1 stroke for any handicap per hole and no strokes on par 3s

" you get HALF of your handicap for skins.**Everyone plays off their own handicap-not off the lowest.**So the 8 handicap gets 4 strokes for skins.**The 20 gets 10.**
The reason why this works is that it divides up the advantage holes pretty well, AND since the par 3's are usually the higher handicap holes, no one strokes on those holes for skins."

We play it as a tournament so I suspect there's gonna be quite a few pushes and only exceptional golf will get the skin.

Last edited:
yeah, maybe next time. I have heard of an outing in july in the Albany/Saratoga area, is that still happening?
Did we talk about this in the "sauna" Saturday night? I think Six4 mentioned that he (and his fiancé) would be in town a few times this summer and we'd try to do something around those visits.

Am I remembering that right Jimmy?

Took a day off from work and played a round with my wife (Karin) at Niagara Orleans CC in Middleport, NY.
A couple years ago this course was in shambles (like my golf game). The new owners have done wonders, the fairways and greens are so much better and they're continuing to upgrade the sandtraps and teeboxes. I always liked this course, kinda short but with elevation changes and tough greens.
I was terrible as Aaron and Paul can attest as I was looking for any kind of advice during the round. Thanks for responding guys.
Shot a 93, Karin shot a 108.

Yah man, hit me up when you're free. We'll get it figured out yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back