Western New York, Albany, Syracuse, Northwest Pennsylvania & surrounding areas

Status
Not open for further replies.
is anyone planing on playing in the next few weeks? still a couple feet of snow on the ground here and more coming tomorrow, but temperatures are getting better, are the courses open in your area?
I hope to be playing Marty, Shadow Lake opens up here/there and I got an e-mail this week that Mill Creek is pretty much open weather permitting.

is anyone planing on playing in the next few weeks? still a couple feet of snow on the ground here and more coming tomorrow, but temperatures are getting better, are the courses open in your area?
Terry Hills is always open as long as there's no snow on the ground. Arrowhead is opening this weekend and temps here will be in the high 50s by the end of next week. Wanna make a road trip?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Terry Hills is always open as long as there's no snow on the ground. Arrowhead is opening this weekend and temps here will be in the high 50s by the end of next week. Wanna make a road trip?

I do, but terry hills is a bit further than I was hoping to drive, unless I convice a friend of coming with me

I hope to be playing Marty, Shadow Lake opens up here/there and I got an e-mail this week that Mill Creek is pretty much open weather permitting.

I do, but terry hills is a bit further than I was hoping to drive, unless I convice a friend of coming with me

if you guys are available this sunday, it might actually happen, working on some details with a friend. if we get there saturday night, we might actually have time for 27

if you guys are available this sunday, it might actually happen, working on some details with a friend. if we get there saturday night, we might actually have time for 27
I think I can make that work. Forecast says cloudy and mid 40s for this Sunday (3/24).

I think I can make that work. Forecast says cloudy and mid 40s for this Sunday (3/24).

What's that in real degrees? 9?

Just lemme know where and when my friend, my Sunday is wide open!

Just lemme know where and when my friend, my Sunday is wide open!

I think I preferred terry hills to mill creek, I'll let you know as soon as my friend answers me

I wouldn't mind going back to duff's tomorrow night

done deal, we'll drive to tomorrow afternoon and play Sunday morning!

@moosejaa or @chopstixxx , can you arrange a tee time?

anything local you guys would want us to bring down? or from the duty free store?

done deal, we'll drive to tomorrow afternoon and play Sunday morning!

@moosejaa or @chopstixxx , can you arrange a tee time?

anything local you guys would want us to bring down? or from the duty free store?
Nice! It'll be good to see you. No Kev? Joe is the beer guy so I'll let him decide on that if he wants.
I can make a teetime at Terry Hills if everyone is good with that.

Nice! It'll be good to see you. No Kev? Joe is the beer guy so I'll let him decide on that if he wants.
I can make a teetime at Terry Hills if everyone is good with that.

I'll be with another friend, Martin.
Terry hills is perfect

I'll be with another friend, Martin.
Terry hills is perfect
Not sure I can do 27. Gotta leave by 1pm on Sunday. I'll try to make the teetime a little earlier if that's OK.

Not sure I can do 27. Gotta leave by 1pm on Sunday. I'll try to make the teetime a little earlier if that's OK.

Perfect

I need a few more weeks to continue getting strength back, after that I should be up for anything anywhere.

Fun round with the Martys from Montreal and @choppstixxx. Great seeing @MPlefty and meeting Marty #2. Thanks for making the road trip.
It was little cold and windy but we're used to it.
Safe travels home.
2af66c1dee21dbceb92e4f001211b9a0.jpg
9969494b5829ad615a89ce52eb51d6a5.jpg

Last edited:
Sweet that you guys got to get together to play. It doesn't get better than that in March.

Twas a good time had for all! If only we had a little more sunshine and a little less wind.

I just booked my first local tree time of the year, Wednesday will be fun!

I just booked my first local tree time of the year, Wednesday will be fun!

You carving your own Woods this year? Lol I plan on playing this week also. So ready for my first round.

I got and yesterday and walked 18. Felt great to be out there again even if it was a little chilly. Plan on going tomorrow and still trying to decide on what to do this weekend since its going to be so warm out. Either fight the crowd at the course or just get the kayak out and hit the water.

Yesterday about 345 golfers descended on the 27 holes at Western Turnpike and the 18 at Orchard Creek for the Regional Food Bank of Northeastern New York's Annual Golf Classic. There are now so many corporate teams that for the second year in a row there is no room for walk-ons like me. The Food Bank serves 44% of the land mass of the state of New York, including many of its poorest areas. Their cost for a pound of delivered food is like $0.12. With the entry fees, sponsorships, auctions, and raffles, this event alone will have raised over $100k again this year. Fortunately, I was able to get one of their favors - a really nice beer glass and a four-pack sampler of Druthers beers.

It's interesting to me that some of the biggest names in American business, names often linked to corporate greed and heartlessness, are among the biggest contributors to the Food Bank, year after year. And they insist on keeping their efforts quiet and out of the spotlight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back