Western New York, Albany, Syracuse, Northwest Pennsylvania & surrounding areas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rochester has lot of great courses!

as much as I would love to go play in the rochester area some day, it is a bit far from montreal for a one day trip... or maybe not, let me think about it :alien:

just out of curiosity here when does the golf season usually start in the albany region? I was thinking about going south for a weekend if it allows me to play a few weeks/months earlier sinc up here we cant play before mid/end april or even the beginning of may

I will let Pete and Dean speak to the Albany golf season, but I am going to assume it is similar to here. The golf season around Rochester really depends on when winter decides to stop. I have been golfing around here in March, but then have had problems getting on to the course until late April.

Montreal to Albany is 3-4 hour drive? If you decide to make a weekend of it, let me know. Might be an excuse to head that way for a few rounds.

I will let Pete and Dean speak to the Albany golf season, but I am going to assume it is similar to here. The golf season around Rochester really depends on when winter decides to stop. I have been golfing around here in March, but then have had problems getting on to the course until late April.

Montreal to Albany is 3-4 hour drive? If you decide to make a weekend of it, let me know. Might be an excuse to head that way for a few rounds.

hmm this is all tempting, yes albany is 3-4 hours, and rochester is 4-5, not that big of a difference, but if its for only one day...

the weekend trip is interesting, but I'll have to get that trough my girlfriend.

Agreed with Aaron here. It could be as early as March and as late as late April. Not sure if Albany would be much different or not but I'm sure Pete and Dean will chime in on that.

Hitting on the optishot tomorrow!

Lucky!! I gotta wait til Monday to get my swing fix in. How is the optishot? Pretty accurate??

Agreed with Aaron here. It could be as early as March and as late as late April. Not sure if Albany would be much different or not but I'm sure Pete and Dean will chime in on that.

thanks, If it is march, I can see me going down there to play a few rounds

thanks, If it is march, I can see me going down there to play a few rounds

Awesome! As Aaron said just give a little heads up as to when it may be and I'll definitely make the trip to meet you guys.

While we're talking golf, anyone see the schedule for NYSGA? First one is Turning Stone !

Awesome! As Aaron said just give a little heads up as to when it may be and I'll definitely make the trip to meet you guys.

awesome indeed, I might have to wait untill a few weeks before the big weekend, to see what kind of weather we get, but I will defenitively try to do it, sounds like fun!

While we're talking golf, anyone see the schedule for NYSGA? First one is Turning Stone !

They have a pretty impressive schedule this year. Unfortunately for them mostly being Mondays not sure how many if any I'll make.

They have a pretty impressive schedule this year. Unfortunately for them mostly being Mondays not sure how many if any I'll make.

That is the same issue for me - was the same issue last year for me.

It is really interesting that the tournament at Greystone is a Tuesday. That is not a private course, so I am little surprised at the day.

If you haven't played that course - make sure you do - it is a bear. Not a flat lie on the course.

It is really interesting that the tournament at Greystone is a Tuesday. That is not a private course, so I am little surprised at the day.

If you haven't played that course - make sure you do - it is a bear. Not a flat lie on the course.

I remember Jim saying that. Would be a good test for sure. Not sure I can make any days during the week work this year. Maybe next year when I actually get vacation time unless some how I can negotiate vacation time for this year.

I remember Jim saying that. Would be a good test for sure. Not sure I can make any days during the week work this year. Maybe next year when I actually get vacation time unless some how I can negotiate vacation time for this year.

We should definitely get out there in the Spring before Memorial Day. Play a weekend afternoon round.

I played a round there as I was first getting back into golf. The course ate me alive and I seriously considering quitting the game after that round.

Would love to tackle it again.

We should definitely get out there in the Spring before Memorial Day. Play a weekend afternoon round.

I played a round there as I was first getting back into golf. The course are me alive and I seriously considering quitting the game after that round.

Would love to tackle it again.

You know I'm game. I'm always down for a good challenge.

You know I'm game. I'm always down for a good challenge.

I'm game too.........the difference between us is I don't need a challenge,I make my own!

I never thought Greystone was extremely difficult. They have a few hard holes (11 and 16 jump right to mind) but overall, I think there are much harder courses in the Rochester area.

I never thought Greystone was extremely difficult. They have a few hard holes (11 and 16 jump right to mind) but overall, I think there are much harder courses in the Rochester area.

Are you forgetting about #18 with the 120 yard approach shot over a pond?

Actually there are a few nasty holes on the front as well with #4 which is really narrow and #7 which is straight uphill.

I don't think the greens are that difficult, but Greystone has more uneven lies then I have ever seen.

We will have to play this summer to jog the memories. :)

just out of curiosity here when does the golf season usually start in the albany region? I was thinking about going south for a weekend if it allows me to play a few weeks/months earlier sinc up here we cant play before mid/end april or even the beginning of may
It's different every year depending on the weather, but usually April for me. March is doable, but it's COLD. My first round last spring was April 6, and I wanted to stop after three holes. Most courses here open in April, but we do have one that stays open all year. As long as there's no snow, you can go play it.

I plan on talking more to Aaron (and you if you're there) about this on February 9th. I'm super interested in a bunch of these.

They have some GREAT courses in my area that I've never played, and I don't work Mondays!

Lucky!! I gotta wait til Monday to get my swing fix in. How is the optishot? Pretty accurate??

Pretty damn accurate. It has infrared sensors and detects everything about your swing and face, picks up slices, pulls, duck hooks, even fat shots. Sometimes there's a little hiccup, maybe every 25-30 swings, but that is expected since it is a retail version not the multi-thousand dollar professional one.

Pete, I'm not trying to sell anything but this might be good for you.I have 9 that I'm playing in.
Feb.9, not going to abort my Vegas trip.......so I won't be there.

Pete, I'm not trying to sell anything but this might be good for you.I have 9 that I'm playing in.
Feb.9, not going to abort my Vegas trip.......so I won't be there.
NINE? You're an animal. Which ones? Maybe you, Aaron and I could coordinate (and talk Dean in too)?

I knew you were going to Vegas and were going to miss the sim gathering, have fun buddy!

NINE? You're an animal. Which ones? Maybe you, Aaron and I could coordinate (and talk Dean in too)?

I knew you were going to Vegas and were going to miss the sim gathering, have fun buddy!

I think that Ravenwood tournament, we could have a THP foursome there.. Hint, hint

Always wanted to tackle that course

You will cross Ravenwood off the list this summer. It will be tackled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back