What’s the weakest part of your game?!? All handicaps

It's a toss up between Mental Game and Lack of Consistency...

Short game 100 an in for me. Just don’t golf enough to get a groove.

Iron play for me. I need to hit more greens and not depend on my short game to save me so often.

As a 14hcp currently, my “mid short game” could use some work. If I’m 30-90 yards out I have trouble with distance control and occasional yips with less than full swing shots.

Also driving, which I mostly avoid except in the rarer cases where there is virtually no risk of penalty, like if a pull or slice will just put me in another fairway that I can still play from.

My tee game is pretty good, I typically go with a 7w or 5h, and my irons are pretty decent, putting I feel pretty confident in.

Bunker game is up and down but I generally am pretty good about avoiding the sand at the cost of longer putts or chips on occasion. I’m not a pin seeker at all, I’m always just trying to get it on the green and below the hole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My driver has always been my handicap being a wildy inconsistent with it just makes every hole longer than it needs to be.

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk

My problem is distance. I can only hit a driver 230-240 so I am constantly messing with my swing to try to add distance. This causes a lot of misses off the tee. I need to just get over it and move on, because I am excellent on approach. If I have a look at the green anywhere from 180-120 I am usually on or close & from 120 in I get on a lot. It’s the second shot out of the woods or the lost ball off the tee that keeps me fighting to break 90 instead fighting to break 80 every round.

I agree, I think if your going to tinker with your swing then when you go to play is not the time! Do that on the practice range, then you can enjoy your round more. 240 is not that bad, I talk to a lot of people that would love to hit it that far. Sounds like to me if you just play the game you got then you will shoot lower scores, If you hit into the woods just take a shot that will minimize your mistake don't try to be a hero on the second shot. This should only happen 1-2 time around so it won't be the end of the world. If your on the green most the other times. Then you'll be fine. Good luck with that!

As a 14hcp currently, my “mid short game” could use some work. If I’m 30-90 yards out I have trouble with distance control and occasional yips with less than full swing shots.

Also driving, which I mostly avoid except in the rarer cases where there is virtually no risk of penalty, like if a pull or slice will just put me in another fairway that I can still play from.

My tee game is pretty good, I typically go with a 7w or 5h, and my irons are pretty decent, putting I feel pretty confident in.

Bunker game is up and down but I generally am pretty good about avoiding the sand at the cost of longer putts or chips on occasion. I’m not a pin seeker at all, I’m always just trying to get it on the green and below the hole.

I used to have this problem a lot with 30-80 shots, Man to be honest you just have to stay out of that area.. hit a club that will give you a distance that your comfortable with.. I try to stay around 100 or 115 or 130, 150 I have clubs i know go those exact distance.. when your practicing try and learn how far a shot will go with a finish follow through that stops at 10 o'clock, with every wedge, then you will be able to gage it a little better which club you need in that yardage. Good luck

My game off the tee... It has been improved over the years, but the consistency is still not there. I am hoping the changes I am working on now will bring on that consistency.

The closer I get to the whole the better I get.

Putting/Sand/chipping my strokes gained says I am a single digit. Approach game is about what my overall handicap is (roughly a 12) and my driving is that of a 24.... and that has come down from a 27 at the beginning of the year.

the main focus for me is to get the driving down to about that 12-15 level but keep the short game/putting at about the same level I am currently at. Handicap would drop.

Partial wedges and greenside bunker shots. I’m happy to say it is no longer my putting!

Driving inconsistency is probably currently my biggest weakness. Until last fall, I would have said putting without hesitation but am in a much better place now in regards to that aspect of my game.

For me it has to be chipping. I’ve realized I give up so many shots by not being able to get up and down. Something I really need to work on

If you would have asked me a year ago, I would have said chipping and putting was my weakness. Now that's a strongsuit and what used to be my strongsuit, irons/woods, is now my weakness. Man if I could only get all aspects of my game to fire at the same time. lol

Iron play and chipping/pitching. I hit a ton of fairways but that doesn't translate into enough greens in reg, so I'm forced to rely on my 35% up and down game. Not a good recipe

Driving, both direction and distance. On holes with narrow fairways, I usually tee off with a Bertha Mini or even a hybrid just to stay out of trouble. But I’m giving up too much distance doing that, and that puts too much pressure on my approach shots. Putting is the only reliable part of my game, unfortunately.

Biggest weakness is staying connected throughout the swing. Drives me crazy when I get loose and my lower half out races my torso. Leads to horrible shot results.

Worst is by far my control with the driver. So I’ve tried not to play it often. That leaves a tie between chips/pitches and putting. I miss a lot of 3-4 foot putts by an inch or less and it could be due to misreading the green or my putting stroke - it just depends on the day/shot. I could also stand to pitch/chip closer to the hole to take some of the pressure off my putting.

With my handicap in the mid 20's, I have needed improvment all over :)

However, my biggest area of need is the short game. I generally have to chip and two putt most holes.

Thinking. Want rounds to be "see the shot, hit the shot".

Nerves and tension...absolute swing killers for me. Can happen on any shot.

Greenside bunker play, and it’s not even close. My driving/iron play has greatly improved, chipping is still decent, and putting is still good - - put me in a bunker, and I’m toast!

Been struggling lately with driver, pulls are killing me and launching to low getting no carry. I think my longest carry last round was like 255. Captaincaution was bombing it 10-20 yards farther carry on most holes.

Obv issue is dynamic loft and AOA with a tad low contact. Still annoying though, just getting to far on my left side with driver I think. I love golf:banghead:

Pure strikes and straightness.

..... sometimes I don't have it when I need it most.

weakest part of my game is consistency...especially between the tee and close range. I'm pretty good off the tee. Pretty good within 80 yards-ish. Decent enough putter. I just never know what I'm gonna get after I tee off (not that I'm perfect off the tee) until I get in closer. Just need repetition to get some things tightened up....doesn't help the weather is garbage. Need to get out there and swing some clubs.

Short game. Just don't hit it close enough often enough. It's improving, and got a lot better over the last few years, but I have plenty of room to improve.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Back