What’s the weakest part of your game?!? All handicaps

For all the folks who go crazy with their short-game...ESPECIALLY bunker shots....just keep ONE THING in mind. The low point of your swing is ALWAYS under your left eye. If you place the ball anywhere else in your stance....other than at the low point, you are creating an unnatural arc bottom to your swing. Position the ball with this in mind and it WILL help you. The same for sand shots.

Last edited:
Mid and Long iron play are without a doubt the weakest part of my game. If I can get my GIR % up it will help me lower my HC a good deal.

What’s the weakest part of your game?!? All handicaps

12 handicap.

Bump and run chips kill me. Either way to much spin or none. Can’t get the touch right.

Long irons are my worst though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Been struggling lately with driver, pulls are killing me and launching to low getting no carry. I think my longest carry last round was like 255. Captaincaution was bombing it 10-20 yards farther carry on most holes.

Obv issue is dynamic loft and AOA with a tad low contact. Still annoying though, just getting to far on my left side with driver I think. I love golf:banghead:

Somehow my 10.5 epic was in the -1 loft position instead of the +1/+2 I am always trying to decide on.

Launch angle much better today.

Course management. I tend to get a yardage and shoot for that yardage and err towards the safer side of left or right. It’s helped some, but I need to consider front and back too. Where would it be easier to save par from if I did miss my target yardage?

Putting. I can’t putt for ****. And to make matters worse, it bores the living daylights out of me so I never practice it.

#FiberLaunch

7 hcp. Lag putting and 30-50 yard pitch shots. Can’t seem to get the right flight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4&5i off the deck. My draw swing has traj bit low. New sol. Swing left hard = Traj up bullet straight to fade 5-0yrs short. Just working on how much swing left in cross winds.

Irons. My iron play is just horrible. No problem with wedges, putting, driving, or HYB/FW....just irons.

6 handicap

Weakest parts of my game:
1. Driving it in play. Distance is OK, accuracy is too low. Too many holes punching it out of the trees.
2. Long irons 180-220. Thankfully I don't need to hit these shots all too often as I'm normally playing off the white tees with my buddies (which is why I don't practice this area much).

Tee game for me is where I lose the majority of my strokes

My iron game, which was once my only strength, is pitiful right now. Going to focus some energy there.

Short game, especially putting. Sadly, I just don't have a ton of motivation to work on it, even compared to the rest of the crap parts of my game.

Can I change it to uncommitted shots/swings. One would think you can just be focused but I suck at that. The misses on committed shots are good, not so much on half ass ones. So frustrated after today. My misses were straight up 20 handicap misses.

For me it’s partial wedges but I’m working on it. After Reed won I went up to the course and hit 100 bunker shots and another couple hundred pitch shots in the 20-45 yard range. It’s satisfying to make progess in one practice session.

It differs for me, but generally I would say putting. I know I can gain strokes there. At times the driver let me down as well, but in general my driving is decent. Last year I focused a lot on puitching and chipping and that payed off good. I made good improvements there.

Tee game. Driver was bad, three wood did not come to the rescue. Played with a tall 61 year old guy who just SMASHED it. Driving range here I come again.

Dan

I’ll find out very soon once I have a few more rounds with Arccos. I have a feeling it’s going to be different than I think

Mid and long irons are my weak area. I’ll even hit balls for an hour and struggle to get anything consistent going. Therefor, hitting greens in reg (and birdie looks) are difficult for me.

On a positive note, I can make up for it with my wedges and putting.

It's kind of all inclusive..my arch nemesis is consistency. I play 8 holes with beautiful straight drives, then for the next 3-4 holes I'm all over the place. Or, I hit great drives all day but my irons are terrible, or putting. I just struggle with getting everything going at the same time.

Back