Brush tees? Or iron headcovers

• Total voters
If someone wants to use iron covers it doesn’t bother me, but I may judge someone using brush tees.

I have never seen anyone use a brush tee so I voted head covers.

Voted iron covers since I haven't really seen a brush tee in place for a long time. I do have a set of iron covers that I have used for travel before but don't bother with them anymore even for that.

Might as well as if you’d rather be shot in the left knee or right 🥲
Definitely the left knee. That one has been needing a replacement for awhile.

Brushed tees is worse

I really don’t care if someone chooses to protect $1500+ irons with covers. Kinda makes sense
We can get you a new identify , and into witness protection somewhere 🤣 also comes with bonus set of iron covers in your choice of colours 🤣🤣🤣🤣

See now , lve seen a innovation , what if
We had brushes on the top of the iron cover ….. like these 😁

Attachments

• IMG_3251.jpeg
    IMG_3251.jpeg
    125 KB · Views: 2
Okaayyy eyerollers. I see you. I was kidding. I should have put a funny face after it. Read a post of mine. I am not a pace of play warrior.

For those who are self-righteously anti-iron headcovers,do you remove the headcovers off your driver, fairway woods, hybrids, and putter before every round? If it's a pace of play issue, why not?

On the other hand, they're your clubs. Who am I to dictate what you do with them, no matter how wrong you are. :cool:

No iron head covers. Take your 14 way bag and go home.

:ROFLMAO:

I’ll say it again. I have iron covers and promise you that mine don’t affect my pace of play in the least. I remove the cover and put it in my left front pocket. After I hit the shot the cover goes right back on as I return to the cart. No time wasted at all.
I used the same process when I was using iron covers. It was second nature to pull the cover and slip it in the pocket while I was pulling the club.
This is what my clubs looked like after 8 years and ~250 rounds, with iron covers. Took the pic when I was selling them.

1702770842601.jpeg

I used the same process when I was using iron covers. It was second nature to pull the cover and slip it in the pocket while I was pulling the club.
This is what my clubs looked like after 8 years and ~250 rounds, with iron covers. Took the pic when I was selling them.

View attachment 9230801
Yup that’s the point. Minimal damage when selling.

Nuanced. I would say it depends upon your clubs. Forged clubs are softer and more prone to getting dinged up in the bag than cast clubs. I'm one of the "poors" when it comes to golf and I play cast clubs. After 4 years my clubs still look new and I don't use them. So if you have cast clubs, I'd say don't bother. If you have forged irons, optional. If you have cast clubs it says 'dork'. An expensive forged set of Titleist blades or Ping irons you want to keep in pristine condition I can understand it because they don't depreciate like the others.

Brush tees? I don't care. I use castle tees.

Very conceivable that even doing as you describe, that could easily add 35-45 seconds to your round.
And add in all the time people fiddlefart around with putter, driver, fairway and hybrid covers. Probably 3 1/2-4 minutes someone has been deprived. It’s grotesquely unfair.

Iron covers for sure!

On the premise , we all
Love ❤️ golf …….
What pursuit / interest / or absorber of time ? If we accept the alleged premise for the sake of the argument , iron covers slow you down . Is playing at breakneck speed , trying to set new 18 hole records ???

Why ????

Back