What’s Your 150 Club?

That's a stock 9 iron for me.

Smooth PW, 155 is max for that club.

4H if I hit it pretty good, 3H if I'm having a bad day.

I either need to flush a 9 or take a little off an 8. Almost always go with the easy 8 to get 150 unless I can miss at 145 and still be on the green.

9i all day. It's my 148 club ( +/- 4 yards )

It's a smooth PW for me.

8 iron, but as my swing is improving I’ve taken a 9 iron at it a few times lately.

Easy swing 8 iron for me.

9 iron for me, not pw unless wind/elevation comes into play

Tweener for me, well struck it's a 9, used to be an 8 but the Apex 19's are a little longer than my old set.

There are variables, but I would hit an easy 9 to try and control spin. I can get there easily enough with a wedge though.

For me I’m hitting 8i for a 150yd shot. I’m not that muscular to be muscling a 9i that far, unless there is a sidewalk in front of the green I can aim at.

I’m starting to creep my distance up according to Arccos. So 150 is getting closer to an 8i than 7i.

Right now a solid 8 iron for me.

8 iron or a topped driver.

My 150 club is my 9 iron.

My normal carry with my 41* 9 iron is 146 so it depends on how the greens are holding. On a normal day without wind(almost never happens in MN) at my home club it's a 9 iron and my ball would release about a 6 feet past its pitch mark.

Last edited:
I wish I could hit a 9i 150, but that is not going to happen.

In my younger days, my 7i was my 150 club.

These days on a level playing field, my 5i carry, and a little extra roll will get me 150 yards. A firmer fairway will help.

If I need to carry 150, then I use my 7W.

With my Titleist AP1's 8 iron. With the Ping G410's not sure yet, haven't been able to work with them much but so far it has been the same 8 iron but swinging easier.

8 iron for me.

I was reading a “How Would You Play This Hole“ and noticed that from 162 large proportion of people were picking a 9 iron. Got me wondering, are there a lot of players out there hitting wedge from 150?

What’s your club of choice from 150, fairway lie, no up or downhill and no wind.

For me, it’s a stock 9 iron shot to a 150 pin.
Stock 8

8 iron (37 degrees)

Back