What’s Your 150 Club?

I'm thinking that you might add if you are 1 mile above Sea Level or 6.....lol

7 iron is my goto for a 150 yard shot.

Depends on the club loft now days. Could be an 8 in one set and a 7 in another. Also might depend on a situation where I would add loft or deloft on my shot - I get into trouble sometimes and have to make those type of decisions :ROFLMAO:

150 should be a driving range 9i for me. but if I need to give myself some room for error, i'll choke up on an 8i and try to cut it a bit to take off a few extra yards.

7 or 8 depending on how I’m swinging at the time.

Somewhere between an 8 and a 9 for me. If I'm having a really good day and I'm feeling loose then I'll hammer the 9 but generally it will be a smooth 8.

Waiting to see, but with my old clubs which I over-spun, it was a 7, pretty sure with my new irons it will be an 8, but need range confirmation

That's an interesting question.

The truth is that I lose a little bit of distance every year, and I don't know about this year because Massachusetts is shut down.
Despite aggressive actions taken, Massachusetts is only behind New York and New Jersey is Covid 19 deaths.
Our Northeast is body bag city right now. It's no joke.

My yet to be played irons for 2020 are stronger lofted than anything I've ever played before, so clubbing myself will be trial and error at first.

Right between 9 and 8-iron for me.

I MIGHT be able to heave a 9i with rollout...otherwise, 8 is enough

eightisenough03-e1306196526895.jpg

9i.

I believe I had said 9i in that thread, mostly because wind from behind and right to left, playing a draw, have to think it will get a couple extra yards out of it.

8 iron unless trouble in front then I’ll generally use a 7 iron

Hmm. I guess I'm in the minority... my ego says 6i. My distance and skill say 5i. Prudence says 7w.

I want some jacked lofts!

Normal 9 iron for me.

Perfect stock 9 iron for me.

150 yards out in the fairway is a smooth 7i. Greenside chip is a bladed SW :D

It is a nice even 7. From the tee box I might use an 8. But from the fairway or rough I'd rather do a smooth swing and with an 8 I have to give it my all. It also depends on which way I want to miss. If the miss is short I am going with an 8. If it is long I am using my 7. This is right at my gap.

If there is wind in my face or it is uphill I will absolutely choke down a 6i and play a soft 3/4 swing.

Last edited:
Sounded like @WLG1952 is right there with ya.
Probably! I wish I could hit a 9i that far. Maybe I wouldn't suck so bad at golf.:ROFLMAO: Naw, who am I kidding. My short game is my downfall... second to my long game.:beat-up:

7iron is my 150 club. 8iron on a really good day when I'm swinging well

I don't know yet :p

With my 2016 Apex Pro's, it was a PW. But, I am pretty sure I am a club longer through the bag with the Mavrik Pros. So, I will start by assuming that the set AW will cover that distance. But, it may end up being a little short of that and require a softer PW. I dunno 🤷

I can get 150 carry out of a strong lofted PW but it's a little more of a violent swing than I want to use. 145 carry is about right for my pw, so 150 would be a soft to smooth 9i depending on what clubs I'm hitting.

That is a smooth 9i, maybe even taking a little off to stay under the pin. Good rotation and good contact and I am all over that flag.

I need Arccos... then I could answer these types of questions definitively.(y)

Back