cheffor

verified 20 handicap
Reaction score
Handicap
16 (OOB)
Went to the range for lunch and it started out great, hit my new wedges, my low irons up to my 6 iron really well and straight! Got my Nike CPR hybrid out and was just crushing the ball, straight and long. Then came the driver first 2 shots were very nice both almost hitting the 200 yard sign (about 220 from where I was) then my 3rd went about 60 yards right, 4th right again, 5th left, 6th way left.

Put my driver up and went back to hitting the hybrid really well and finished up with some beautiful 7 Iron shots. Not real sure what my driver had against me today I have been hitting it fairly well as of late.

I have to admit I thought this was going to be about food and I was really excited to hear what you had for lunch.

I think many of us on here are having trouble with our drivers, a few have retired it for a while and just been teeing off with the 3W.

Well I did pick up Steak N' Shake on the way back, nothing like a good steakburger and a vanilla shake to make me feel better.

Steak n Shake is the devil.....
Well I did pick up Steak N' Shake on the way back, nothing like a good steakburger and a vanilla shake to make me feel better.

Haha, we may have found a good way to lure GG into our threads! I love the quick driving range lunch, I have one about 7 minutes from the office so I'll head over and hit 30 balls once in a while just to get the feel and tempo back if I've been struggling. Shake off that driver mishap, I'm sure you'll be back to nailing it again next time you play, sounds like the rest of your clubs were working very well!

lol blah blah blah LUNCH blah blah blah FOOD blah blah blah CLOTHES blah blah blah
Haha, we may have found a good way to lure GG into our threads! I love the quick driving range lunch, I have one about 7 minutes from the office so I'll head over and hit 30 balls once in a while just to get the feel and tempo back if I've been struggling. Shake off that driver mishap, I'm sure you'll be back to nailing it again next time you play, sounds like the rest of your clubs were working very well!

Well today's session went a little better ended with 2 straight drives right at the 200 yard sign where I was aiming, figured out it was an alignment issue and not turning into my backswing as one. Once I correct those things I wasn't playing army golf on the range.

I completely agree! They make the best shakes ever!

I like the half and halfers. The chocolate/banana is muy bueno. I think their burgers are good, but overpriced. I like the chili four or five ways, but always get it on my shirt when the spaghetti falls off the spoon with a plop.

Kevin

I like the half and halfers. The chocolate/banana is muy bueno. I think their burgers are good, but overpriced. I like the chili four or five ways, but always get it on my shirt when the spaghetti falls off the spoon with a plop.

Kevin

I like their chili too and I agree the half and half is great!

I've honestly never tried the half and half, I stick with the Vanilla and if I'm feeling wild I might get a cookies and cream!

Then came the driver first 2 shots were very nice both almost hitting the 200 yard sign (about 220 from where I was) then my 3rd went about 60 yards right, 4th right again, 5th left, 6th way left.

Could it be an attention span thing? I seem to have that problem sometimes...I cannot hit more than a small bucket and usually don't hit more than 5 balls in a row with the same club for that reason. I quit bowling for this very reason- practice bored me. Staring at the same lane, taking the same shots with the same ball. Boredom and fatigue were where most mistakes happened.

At least with golf you have 14 different clubs to choose from and you're not staring at the same hole over and over again for 4 hours.

When I'm on the range and have two bad shots in a row with the same club, I'll put it away, hit a few other clubs, then go back to it- almost always corrects the problem.

That's actually not a bad theory, I do tend to go downhill as I keep hitting one club.

Mmmm Subway Chicken Bacon today. I also went to the range again, this time I brought my little Kodak Playsport (awesome little video camera btw). I think I should video myself everytime I golf cause I only hit maybe 2 bad drives with it while I was taping. I recorded myself hitting a 7 iron from hand line and from face on and my driver the same way. Hopefully doing this will help me figure out what my bad swing habits are.

Back