Mmaynard11

Grandaddy Captain Alumni
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Well I guess I will write up a special thread for that 1000th post. I thought of doing something unique, flashy, and over the top but couldn't figure anything out.

So without further a due here goes nothing. I stumbled across THP in September as I was searching for reviews on the Callaway X-Hot Driver, which I found and eventually influenced me to purchase one. Over the next few days I would drop by just to see what was going on and the topics of the day. Lone behold a brushfire was started and it's been burning ever since. The topics, individuals, testing opportunities, and events are above and beyond. There never seems to be a dull day and I can honestly say I haven't thought about my golf game as much, besides when I was in high school and college. Where did the past 15 years go?

I am looking forward to staying an active member and part of this THP family as long as you all let me. I have only taken part in one THP gathering and by far it was one of the best times I've had out on the course this year. I know we all come from different backgrounds of life, have different golf skill levels, and subsets of friends, but on that day I would have thought I was at a Fraternity alumni event. awesome!!!

For those who devote a large majority of their time to managing this family...THANK YOU!!! JB, GG, and the rest of the THP staff...I don't know how you do it. On top having family, careers, and daily life events you are able to keep this place full of excitement! However, outside of the staff I want to thank each and every other member here as well. Without you guys and gals there would be no enjoyable and knowledgable content for me to spend a large part of my day reading!

Therefore I hope 2014 will even be better than the current calendar year...which I have no doubt it will! I am looking forward to my first event "2014 Love is in the Air" as a THP member. Outside of that I am anxiously awaiting the release of the calendar and if life allows me, I will be attempting to make several more. Until then it will be my turn to give back to this GREAT community!!!

Thank you,
Matt (mmaynard11)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited Smart Text errors...

Last edited:
So glad you joined. You've been a great addition.

Great post. I'm in the same boat as you as a somewhat newer member (still striving for that 1000th post), but this place has changed the way I look at golf forever, and the people are just plain wonderful; truly some of the best people on earth belong to this community.

Nice post, glad you are a part of THP Matt, hopefully we will get to tee it up together sometime.

Great post mate. I just cracked the 1000 mark myself not long ago. May we have many more.

Yeah buddy, 1k is just the beginning! I'm pretty new here too, it's definitely a fantastic community. I'm trying to think of what I was doing before with all the time that's spent here now :bulgy-eyes:

We welcome you and everyone else with open arms

Great post dude, glad you are here.

Great post Matt. This place has definitely changed a lot of our lives. There are some amazing people here and I am blown away by this group. Hope you get to experience many more of these wonderful folks and hope you get the chance to tee it up with more at a THP event someday.

Great post. I'm in the same boat as you as a somewhat newer member (still striving for that 1000th post), but this place has changed the way I look at golf forever, and the people are just plain wonderful; truly some of the best people on earth belong to this community.

I couldn't agree more about the quality of people on this forum. I just stumbled on to it last week and have looked at multiple times a day every day since. I am amazed and the willingness to provide feedback and to interact with people no matter their handicap or level of interest in golf. I have only been playing golf for a year and have learned more from this site that I have in the past year. Congratulations on 1,000 posts, I'm sure I will get there eventually.

Glad you found the site Matt!

Glad you found the site Matt. Great post and glad to see you have found out what the site is about and seen first hand the great people who are on here at the Ohio gathering.

I look forward to meeting you at "love is in the air" and future events/gatherings.

Back