What annoying recurring pain do you have but play on anyway?

I’ve pulled a muscle in the top of right hand that’s hurts every time I play, but some Biofreeze and Aleve helps me get through it.

Left shoulder. A few years back I crashed mountain biking and dislocated my shoulder and tore a bunch of stuff. Two operation and tons of PT later I was about to swing a club again. Went from a +1 to bogie golfer in no time. Had to rebuild a swing all over and it still hurts on cold days or when I try to do too much. Glady back down to single figures but still hurts almost every time I play.

I don’t even know where to start?

All? I’ve finiished a round with a kidney stone. Not well, cried a little more than normal.

Oh I still haven’t done the math to post the abomination that I shot the other day.

That was a different kind of pain, but that front nine hurt. Back was mhhh.

Tennis/golf elbow which is also a pain in my a**!
Use an arm band which helps a lot when I play. Otherwise, it’s like a toothache that won’t go away. 😡

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:@TLuke bet you won't ask this question again!

Its like asking perpetual complainers how their day is going:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Sometimes your better off not!

You at least got us old guys to pipe up.

No cartilage in either knee and a partially torn rotator cuff in the right shoulder. Those don't bother me really at all any more since I changed my workout to address the issues.

What bothers me at some point almost everyday is from a sacroiliac joint sprain from 5 years ago. I made it through a week long ski trip doing stupid stuff and didn't fall until I slipped on ice the final night leaving the bar. I can't stay in bed past 8 anymore because of it and every now and then on the course it will send a jolt through me that will almost drop a club. I don't recommend it.

What side? I have sacroiliac pain on my left. Makes it impossible to follow through which is why I stand up on my swing sometimes. I get that "electricity jolt" as well. :( I've had it for decades. I actually had to cancel a fun golf tournament today because I can't swing through it. I am deciding right now to dedicate myself to the proper stretches and muscle building to fix this damn thing. Oh and not lifting heavy stuff like I did on Friday.

Arthritis in my upper arm / shoulder area, more so in left arm but present in right also. Battled through it 7 years ago then switched to all graphite and started using a push cart instead of carrying my bag. Had 6 pain free years after making those switches but it popped back up this year about 3 months ago. I am thinking the overspeed training I started around Christmas reactivated it. It is still there after getting fully loosened up (after 3 or 4 holes) but much more tolerable. I take 600 mg of Advil before I play and at night before I go to sleep. I did a lot of extra stretching for those areas during the past month but think that was aggravating it also. Didn't do that extra stretching the past 2 days before I played and the pain was less severe during thr early swings.

My wrist on my right hand. It's been bothering me for the last 6 months. I'm not sure it's ever going to get better. I can play with it until I hit a shot really fat or chunk it. Then I'm in some pain.

A knee that needs replacing, general pain and stiffness from a fused cervical and lumbar spine and arthritis in my hands battle for the most painful but it is usually the knee. Walking downhill or down some steps, and squatting to read a putt really hurt. So far, I’ve been able keep playing.

I have degenerative disc disease that gives me lower back pain. Doesn’t hurt when I swing, but keeps me riding a cart. Also makes bending over to tee it up or pick the ball out of the hole a bit more challenging. I also have tendinitis in my left wrist. That only hurts when I hit one fat. I consider myself lucky in that both conditions can be pretty painful but barely interfere with my being able to play. The back issues do limit how much time I can spend practicing before I have to sit down to take a break.

I have Right SI joint pain along with Left Hip from a car wreck many years ago, like when i was 21 and got crushed in the car seat. Its been around so long that I know someday it will all just quit working

What side? I have sacroiliac pain on my left. Makes it impossible to follow through which is why I stand up on my swing sometimes. I get that "electricity jolt" as well. :( I've had it for decades. I actually had to cancel a fun golf tournament today because I can't swing through it. I am deciding right now to dedicate myself to the proper stretches and muscle building to fix this damn thing. Oh and not lifting heavy stuff like I did on Friday.

Mines I on the right side. I haven't found much to help with other than just not doing things I know will stir it up. Don't sit too long, don't lay in bed too late. Basically keeping active is the best medicine for me. If I get lazy, I know I'll be in bad shape.

I've been lucky for the most part on recurring pain. Good back so far, a little knee scope a few years ago took care of that (for a decade as long as I don't hurt it again). At the end of some years I've had thumb ligament pain. A little this year in the knuckle on the index finger on my right hand.

Cut off the tip of my middle finger with a lawn mower almost 2 months ago. Its doing well, doesn't really affect my golf grip. From the recovery period of inactivity I let my left elbow get tight & sore but most of that has worked itself out. I need to get back to working out some every day. Just maintain this Dad bod of mine along with some flexibility...

Degenerative disc disease in my L5/S1 flares up when I play, also arthritis in my knees and fingers keep reminding me of a misspent youth.

Last year right elbow pain - using a sleeve and a Theragun has nearly alleviated it this year. Now I have intermittent pain between my shoulder blades. Theragun relieves it after a round.

currently left shoulder feels like a giant knot, been bothering me for quite some time... cannot loosen it up.

A torn ligament in my right hand ring finger.

I get a pain/numbness in the ball of my right foot. I have a small pad insert and believe it is a Morton's neuroma (he can take it back at any time now), but have been better lately while walking a round with a push cart and wearing shoes that are sized better (imagine wearing shoes that fit...)

I've had a slight pain in the right side of my neck that I feel sometimes when I turn my head. I don't always feel it and it doesn't hurt that bad but it kind of annoying. I've used a massage gun on it and that will help for a little while. I probably need to go get a massage or visit the chiropractor or both.

Elbow tendinitis. Will never go away, when it flares up just double up on the theragun and add a tendon brace to the forearm

Back