What are you building? (Club style)

Hmm seems like a fun project to try at least.

Hmm seems like a fun project to try at least.

Expanding the knowledge base I'd say. So its work related research.

Exactly :D

The forumal seems easy enough, but there are a couple logistical issues. 1) not sure I have the precision to step by .5 SW points and 2) which iron (and sw) would I use as my 'favorite' or baseline to step up/down. Seems rather imprecise.

my friend gave me his well-used vokeys and said to experiment with them. We tried bead-blasting them to see what kind of effect it gave us and they just turned out looking like crap. So we said what they heck lets just torch em! He's pretty happy with them now....don't mind the hacked up stamp job though ;) The 60* will need a little clean-up and a touch more torching as well

KBS Black Nickel wedge shafts will be going in with white ferrules.

24996541-6AD5-4E67-8EC0-BDB340211291_zpsint01rbo.jpg

C99661F0-87FC-4FF2-B3BD-5B737020F7E6_zpse1mp6ofr.jpg

11227C54-5FF0-43DC-B894-964A23785AB4_zpszp1ib3lr.jpg

9DC6A97A-9CF3-4179-BFF5-B473050650BC_zpsjuehvn1g.jpg

1A2A7311-B9C0-4F71-BD9A-B08A2DC037C6_zpsggs8kkbi.jpg

6DEA6288-AC9B-41FE-9238-58F08FCA71C0_zpsyhezreod.jpg

B53687C8-B6BD-43E4-8AE2-45C7597B0CCD_zpscsy5vowd.jpg

Exactly :D

The forumal seems easy enough, but there are a couple logistical issues. 1) not sure I have the precision to step by .5 SW points and 2) which iron (and sw) would I use as my 'favorite' or baseline to step up/down. Seems rather imprecise.

How are you measuring MOI? Which club are you basing everything off of?

How are you measuring MOI? Which club are you basing everything off of?

The DIY method would be to take a 'favorite' club and then adjust from there.

.4" and .5 sw point (less sw as length increases)

Finally swing weighted my 3w/5w since the change to Miya.

C3 and C4.....whoops...explains a LOT about what I've been seeing lately.

Finally swing weighted my 3w/5w since the change to Miya.

C3 and C4.....whoops...explains a LOT about what I've been seeing lately.
Holy whiffle bats!!! Gotta get some head weight to those bad boys

KC is killing it in here. That driver looks awesome.

Waiting on a G30 adapter for the #Grandaddy PX LZ I won in the FFL. 6.5 is a little out of my comfort range but I'm going in with an open mind. Can someone give me a crash course on swing weighting irons? Planning on moving to CTLs in the Speedblades and was thinking about doing it myself. Curious what I'd need, how to install past normal reshafting, etc.

KC is killing it in here. That driver looks awesome.

Waiting on a G30 adapter for the #Grandaddy PX LZ I won in the FFL. 6.5 is a little out of my comfort range but I'm going in with an open mind. Can someone give me a crash course on swing weighting irons? Planning on moving to CTLs in the Speedblades and was thinking about doing it myself. Curious what I'd need, how to install past normal reshafting, etc.
Do you have a SW scale?

Do you have a SW scale?

I do not, but doesn't mean I can't buy one. I was thinking I could do the math based on the different shaft weights if that's even possible. I just want it to play like the stock setup.

I do not, but doesn't mean I can't buy one. I was thinking I could do the math based on the different shaft weights if that's even possible. I just want it to play like the stock setup.
An economy scale can be had for cheap and it's so handy

There are a couple calculators online that can get you close but I dont trust them fully. You can pick up a scale for less than $50 and I use mine all the time. The process is quite simple. I dry build the club and put it on the scale and then determine if I want to use tip weights or lead tape or sometimes both. Let me know what you are unsure of and Id be happy to help

There are a couple calculators online that can get you close but I dont trust them fully. You can pick up a scale for less than $50 and I use mine all the time. The process is quite simple. I dry build the club and put it on the scale and then determine if I want to use tip weights or lead tape or sometimes both. Let me know what you are unsure of and Id be happy to help

Cool. So definitely going to grab a scale. Going to see if there's somewhere local I can get some weights here locally. Thanks.

Niteowl was awesome helping to get me started. This is the scale I have and works perfect for my needs

http://www.golfworks.com/product.asp_Q_pn_E_VSWC

Cool. So definitely going to grab a scale. Going to see if there's somewhere local I can get some weights here locally. Thanks.

This is the scale I have as well. As far as tip weights go I use these: http://www.mitchellgolf.com/Brass-Tip-Weight-Kit-For-Steel-Shafts-144-Pieces.html because they are reusable which is nice if you do tinker. Also for lead tape use this: http://www.golfworks.com/product.asp_Q_pn_E_HDLT the high density is super nice to not have to put as much on there and get to the same SW.

This thread is like a shopping list! :D Thanks guys. Once I get set up and save enough nickels for the CTLs I'm sure I'll have more questions!

This is the scale I have as well. As far as tip weights go I use these: http://www.mitchellgolf.com/Brass-Tip-Weight-Kit-For-Steel-Shafts-144-Pieces.html because they are reusable which is nice if you do tinker. Also for lead tape use this: http://www.golfworks.com/product.asp_Q_pn_E_HDLT the high density is super nice to not have to put as much on there and get to the same SW.
Aaron, have you ever used the 2 gram tungsten weight squares that Golfworks sells? I have some in transit to me.

Aaron, have you ever used the 2 gram tungsten weight squares that Golfworks sells? I have some in transit to me.

No because I think they look a bit funny and are bigger then piece of lead tape.

No because I think they look a bit funny and are bigger then piece of lead tape.
It says they are 1/2" x 1/2" each. Going to put them in the cavities of my Z545s. Will post how they work out.

It says they are 1/2" x 1/2" each. Going to put them in the cavities of my Z545s. Will post how they work out.

Please do, I have considered bumping the SW on mine a touch.

DG Tour Issue shafts headed into DPC's this weekend.

Back