What are you building? (Club style)

I started a new reshafting project today. I'm building a set of Callaway Apex Black with some limited edition for Japan matte black KBS Tour shafts. They look pretty sweet together.

If these were available in LH that is exactly what I would build too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Took my old putter head, an old shaft and cut it down, threw on a little junior grip and voila! measures about 18"
20160612_220824_zpsnfpr2m9p.jpg

Well then, no turning back now!
8804f0c51101f587629393fbe0290b3d.jpg

Took my old putter head, an old shaft and cut it down, threw on a little junior grip and voila! measures about 18"
20160612_220824_zpsnfpr2m9p.jpg
I need to do this for my boys. Looks awesome!

Got the steel shafts pulled back out from my 4i and 8i and replaced with two Project X Graphite.

Anybody here in the Tampa area that can replace shafts? Looking to replace my 5-pw with the recoil 110's I just purchased, you can keep the 110 kbs tour v's that were on the clubs if you want them

Altitudes and Recoils are curing (have been since last night), hopefully ready to go for a round tonight. Still need to clean them up a bit, but overall I thought it went well.

What is the general consensus on how to apply your epoxy to the shaft/head? Brush it into the hosel? Ooze it in there? Coat just the tip?

Altitudes and Recoils are curing (have been since last night), hopefully ready to go for a round tonight. Still need to clean them up a bit, but overall I thought it went well.

What is the general consensus on how to apply your epoxy to the shaft/head? Brush it into the hosel? Ooze it in there? Coat just the tip?

I start by getting some epoxy into the tip end of the shaft. Then I spread a heavy coat onto the tip area, staying about 3/8" shy of the ferrule. I'll slip the shaft into the hosel and give it some back and forth twisting. Excess epoxy will be pushed up toward the ferrule so I'll scrape this into the hosel. Lather, rinse, repeat until I feel the mating surfaces have sufficient coverage. Press the shaft home and wipe off any squeeze out. Might use more epoxy than necessary but having a good amount of epoxy in the tip of the shaft really locks things in place.

I was rolling the tip in the epoxy, and then doing a coating on the inside of the hosels as well. Hopefully it works ok. I have a bit of cleanup to do as well once it has fully cured.

I don't do a ton, but i'll be putting a Rosemark putter grip on my TM ghost tour black Indy putter real soon :)

When it comes to building golf clubs, less is more with the epoxy. As long as your components have a fairly tight fit (not overly loose), then lightly coating the tip of the shaft and the inside of the hosel should be plenty. You also want to rough up the tip of the shaft for steel, or remove the paint for graphite of the bonding area. Hopefully you made sure the inside of the hosel was properly cleaned as well, and dropping in a few spins of a wire brush drill bit never hurts. So as long as everything is clean and snug it shouldn't take a whole lot of epoxy to give you a great bond.

Last night I extended the Toulon Garage Madison.

When it comes to building golf clubs, less is more with the epoxy. As long as your components have a fairly tight fit (not overly loose), then lightly coating the tip of the shaft and the inside of the hosel should be plenty. You also want to rough up the tip of the shaft for steel, or remove the paint for graphite of the bonding area. Hopefully you made sure the inside of the hosel was properly cleaned as well, and dropping in a few spins of a wire brush drill bit never hurts. So as long as everything is clean and snug it shouldn't take a whole lot of epoxy to give you a great bond.

Yep, no worries on that front. Hosels and shafts were cleaned up/roughed up. Everything looks good today, there was just a big of excess epoxy I missed on the cleanup that needs taking care of. Went very smooth after I did the first one.... its just the first one I am questioning lol.

Ended up putting a fairly large amount of offset double bend putter shaft on a putter we had for the fiance, and I kinda like it. Never really realized they had multiple offset options for them until I installed it and noticed it had a lot haha.

What are you building? (Club style)

Putting together ideas for a project that I've had on my mind for a while. Just need to find the right shafts or putter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tipped 1/2" on my lz for the m1 3 wood but testing on the pxv 39 shaft first.

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

Putting together ideas for a project that I've had on my mind for a while. Just need to find the right shafts or putter

I think I know where you're going with that...

I think I know where you're going with that...

I hope so. You're the one doing the work

Are double bend putter shafts hand specific? I wouldn't imagine they are, but I have no idea.

I'd love to build a set from scratch. I do my own grips and stuff, but I've never epoxied in a shaft. Is there a diy thread on the forums about it?

Did some work for a customer, new grips on his woods, putter and wedges. He wanted white ferrules and all-red paintfill on the wedges to complete the black-white-red look

a43af9ac5369bcd8cdb13ce3db3efa89.jpg

Did some work for a customer, new grips on his woods, putter and wedges. He wanted white ferrules and all-red paintfill on the wedges to complete the black-white-red look

a43af9ac5369bcd8cdb13ce3db3efa89.jpg

They look good! Any particular reason for using a short ferrule though?

They look good! Any particular reason for using a short ferrule though?

no particular reason, i just had them on hand and he was happy with them so we rolled with it. the angle of the pic makes them look kinda funny there, in person they're not so bad. Myself i've flip-flopped between ferrule lengths before too, its just a taste thing to me and this year ive got tall ones on my S55's

I did some work tonight.

Rogue Black 85x into 21* Apex UT
Red Tie and Project X 7A3 into Cobra adapters for a friend wanting to try LTD
HZRDUS Yellow into Cally adapter to try in the DBD
Speeder into XR 16 Pro for pops to try

Good thing I had everything previously prepped...... Except.... everything

I've got hzrdus 85g 6.0 hybrid shafts coming. I want to try them in apex hybrids but kind of reluctant to pull the c.kua as I've been hitting it really well. But it's an itch that needs to be scratched

Back