What are you Getting? Anniversary Edition

TRyan

Granddaddy 2X | GOAT Cup Champ | Gray Bull Bound
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Good Afternoon THP,

My wife and I decided to try a 'new to us' Steakhouse here in Kansas City last night called the Golden Ox to celebrate our anniversary.

A little background on the restaurant:

A steakhouse in the stockyards.
Since opening its doors in kansas city’s stockyards district in 1949, the golden ox has seen its share of renovations. what hasn’t changed is the commitment to serving premium, hormone- and antibiotic-free humanely-raised beef and other classic steakhouse fare in a comfortable environment.

So what would you order THP?

1687717920642.png

Good looking menu, I see a lot of good options! I'll go with the Escargot app, Caesar Salad, American Royal Ribeye w/Maple Glazed Brussels Sprouts.

Oh, and Happy Anniversary!

Oh dude, that is one awesome menu. I don’t know where to eve start.

But happy Anniversary Taylor!

I know for starter you can bring me that Wagyu Tartare!

A 56 oz rib eye? Are you kiding me? You might get arrested here in California for eating something like that lol
Im going 56oz rib eye, if nothing else out of curiosity.

Entre, bacon wrapped Haw Filet with horseradish parsley cream!

Tartare to start, if we were sharing an entree it would also be a Cesar salad to split.

Probably a porterhouse to share then as well.

The Drover to split with my wife and have leftovers. I’d get the garlic parsley fries for my side and the Tartare for a starter.

Happy anniversary.

Looks awesome
Escargot for sure
The flat Iron and the famous baked potato.
That should leave ample room for desert!

Sausage stuffed mushrooms
American Royal steak w/maple glazed Brussel sprouts

Starters Hand Battered Onion rings
American Royal Rib eye medium rare
Torn between the Maple Glazed Brussel Sprouts and the grilled Asparagus.

I did the KC Strip - normally not a bone in guy but it came highly recommended and it was incredible.

Perfect Medium Rare and the Loaded Baked potato was great as well.

I will be back. Between the food, cocktails and the vibe it was fantasticIMG_6562.jpeg

Roasted beet and tart apple salad
American Royal
Yukon Gold mashed

I would go tartare but my wife doesn’t dig it so we would go Onion Rings. Maybe split a wedge salad. Then I would go bone in KC Strip. Baked Potato and some asparagus.

That is making me hungry.

Chicken liver rumaki
American Royale
Roasted mushroom and pearl onion

Happy Anniversary!

American Royal
House Salad
Loaded Baked Potato

Escargot
American Royal.

Tangential... I audibly laughed at "New England Crabcake". Unless they think lobster is crab. Haha.

I've sworn off ordering steak from a restaurant, because I've yet to have one that met expectations. So, I'd probably go with the Atlantic cod. I'd definitely like to try the tartare and onion rings too.

American Royale Rib Eye.
Happy Anniversary.

I've sworn off ordering steak from a restaurant, because I've yet to have one that met expectations. So, I'd probably go with the Atlantic cod. I'd definitely like to try the tartare and onion rings too.
That’s unfortunate

Back