What are you grateful for today?

Parrot

2025 Worldwide Golf Championship - Team ?????
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I try to make a gratitude list everyday to remind myself that things aren’t as bad as I think they are. But I fall woefully short and typically only do it when my head is on fire and my a$$ is catching.

Today, I’ve needed a reminder that I have so much for which to be grateful. So, I thought I might share it, with the thought of updating this post to keep me doing it. Jump in if you like.

I’m grateful for my wife and family, that my family and I have food, places to live and jobs, for having an outlet like THP for brief escapes, for having people on whom I can rely without judgment, for being able to help others in my profession who are struggling mightily and 3 dogs who believe I’m the best person in the world.

Thankful for mine and my families health, that I still have a job and good boss is paying us when we are off on rotation.

Today I'm thankful for my wonderful support system of family and friends, my loving girlfriend of almost 5 years, my health during these crazy times, and my escapes (such as golf, skiing, running and THP). With everything going on in the world, it is great to take second to reflect on everything I really am thankful for - great idea for a thread @Parrot!

I have many things to be thankful for. The health of my family always. Also that I have THP to keep me occupied in these times. 🖖

Last edited:
As always I'm thankful for my wife, daughter & dog & that we are all healthy. The fact that we still have jobs, although we will take a hit since my wife owns a property management business & who knows what's going to happen with people paying rent. Definitely THP, it gives me a way to stay distracted from all the craziness going on around us.

I’m really grateful that so far my family still has its health and that my wife are still employed.

first and foremost...this is the BEST THREAD ive seen pop up in 2020.

I am sincerely thankful and grateful for my wife, my newly born daughter (january), my immediate family and their health, my households health, mine and my wifes employers, having a home and roof over our heads. Im grateful for my friends on and off of THP. I'm grateful for the way this country and the government has responded during this crisis. I'm grateful for my faith and I'm grateful for all of the hardworking healthcare workers, civil service people, TRUCK DRIVERS, grocery and pharmacy workers who are literally working their asses of daily to keep this thing rolling the best it can.

This is something that has made me realize how much we really do take for granted on a daily basis. Little things.

My wife.
A doctor, mom, wife, my hero.

I’m thankful that my wife and I have made it through tough times before. She’s got a pretty face, but I know she’s tough-as-hell. I’m thankful that my kids are learning what real life demands of people, but that they didn’t have to learn it too early.

Family is still in good health and that my wife and I are still working.

My family. My kids. They're young and amaze with the stuff they learn every day. And I'm grateful THP - there's always a distraction here if I need it.

Health, family and friends, and my back yard driving range. ;)

I'm thankful my household isn't sick and we're all relatively healthy. And I'm thankful for everything else.

And that I don't have to walk 2 miles to get clean water.:)

I'm grateful that neither the wife nor I have the Covid virus...at least for now.
Grateful that she gets to work from home.
Grateful that I will be in the exempt group if and when Washington state gets shut down so my paycheck will continue.
Grateful that no one in my neighborhood is showing signs of the Covid virus.

I’m grateful that I can reply to this thread; grateful that the people most precious to me are doing fine; grateful that I understand and accept the changes to daily life.

I try to make a gratitude list everyday to remind myself that things aren’t as bad as I think they are. But I fall woefully short and typically only do it when my head is on fire and my a$$ is catching.

Today, I’ve needed a reminder that I have so much for which to be grateful. So, I thought I might share it, with the thought of updating this post to keep me doing it. Jump in if you like.

I’m grateful for my wife and family, that my family and I have food, places to live and jobs, for having an outlet like THP for brief escapes, for having people on whom I can rely without judgment, for being able to help others in my profession who are struggling mightily and 3 dogs who believe I’m the best person in the world.
Thanks for the reminder to ALWAYS be grateful!

I'm grateful to be quarantined with my beautiful wife! We're both grateful that she has a very good remote job and I hope to report the same for me by Wednesday. We have our health (so far), puzzles, canvasses/paint and plenty of wine to get us through this ordeal. We're also blessed with wonderful friends and family.

AND, our golf course remains open and I'm looking forward to playing in the Rack this coming Saturday!

Yes, we have much to be grateful for!

A job and family situation in which all the recent societal upheavals haven't really affected routine day-to-day operations at our compound. If anything, it is simplifying things a lot in ways, by eliminating extracurricular things we had been considering cutting out for next year anyway.

it is simplifying things a lot in ways, by eliminating extracurricular things we had been considering cutting out for next year anyway.
Same at our house. We've cut out the junk - food and other things - and are really paying attention to the things we pay for but don't use. (lowers head - gym membership, subscription/membership at the car wash, just to name a couple).

Thanks to all who’ve responded and those who’ve participated without a post.

Today, I’m really grateful for mine and my family’s health. A friend isn’t so fortunate this morning. I’m grateful for some new work that came in yesterday. I’m grateful to be able to cook for some elderly neighbors and to put food in the Church’s freezer.

I'm very grateful that I have such a great wife and two wonderful kids that are safe and healthy. I'm grateful for my job and having very understanding bosses. I'm also very grateful that I found THP which has brought me a great group of friends that I get to talk to daily during these crazy times.

I'm very grateful for my loving wife (my best friend), our children and extended family. For all the medical professionals and support staff who are fighting to defeat this virus and keep people alive. To live in a state (Ohio) where the governor took this problem seriously before the federal government did. And to anyone who has been working to keep us safe and supplied.

Today, I’m grateful for the chance to repair a situation I screwed up.

I am grateful that I have a nice home that I'm able to work out of and provide our family a great life in.

I am thankful to be at work and out of the house for a bit. I'm also thankful I am not sick so far.

Back