What are you OCD about?

Thank goodness I’m not the only one!!!

You are not! I just don't talk about it at home. Pick my battles, but boy do I mutter under my breath. 🤣🤣🤣

Things that are crooked or don't match up.

Like lines on round things next to lines on flat things..

Things that are crooked or don't match up.

Like lines on round things next to lines on flat things..

This is a big bother for me too...

Although I like triple track...

I used to be REALLY bad about correcting people's pronunciation and grammar. I'm much better at ignori
I know, hard to believe with as many typos as I let slip.
It's like to apologize to you for all the pain I've surely caused you.
That must have been a long 20 minutes with that Beard vs. Bears thing. I'm sorry. :LOL:

I really can't think of anything I have that i'm too obsessive about. I'm sure I'm just forgetting something though. I'll have to think...

When I make my coffee for work, I won't take a sip until I count my drawer and open up all the computer programs for the day. Plus settle yesterday's work. Sometimes it can take me a good hour. The whole time my thermos is screaming at me to take a sip but I can't relax till I get all that done first. 🤷‍♂️

I know not really ocd..

Silly stuff for me:

- When a room has two separate light switches to control the same lights, I mentally assign a particular one to signify the "proper" on and off position. The basement's pretty large, for example, and when I see that the Mrs or anyone flipped my preferred switch position, I'll walk all the way across the room just to make things right.

- The TP goes "over" for freak's sake, ya savages.

- Vertical paper towel holder is pulled from the right side.

- I don't like dirty dishes in the sink and can very rarely walk away with them in there. I'd have to be in a hurry or sick to dismiss this atrocity. I'll either clean them or place them in the dishwasher. No doubt the lazy saps among me know this! Don't even get me started on the drain-catch as that is always cleared regardless of timing and/or illness.

- If I allow my gas tank to get under 1/4 tank, I'll have heart palpitations. Not really, and not because I fear running out of gas or even think I'm low. I just don't like it.

- My A/V receiver's volume will go to whole or half numbers (40, 40.5, 41, 41.5, etc). I will never leave it on anything other than a whole number. Ever.

- When done with the projector for the night, I set the DirecTV channel to #866 (Light Classical) and set the volume to 55. Every single night. That channel and volume (up in number actually reduces volume, 55 is very low) is what I'd set for the dogs in the event we'd be out for a long while. We lost our last dog over a year ago but I refuse to stop doing it.

- New one just this year, since February. When the Rams won the SB, I took off my Jack Youngblood jersey, folded it, and placed it upon the front left theater seat. It's remained there ever since because for some reason, I've wanted it that way. No plan but I've a sneaky suspicion that it may (after dusting it off, LOL) go back on for opening day.

My wife misplacing either her car keys then using the backup set and misplacing them, seems to happen once per month. I need to get the Apple tracking pods to attach… good Christmas present.

Secondly, is misplacing her main ViSA card, happens every 3 months or so… drives me crazy as I will spend hours looking and usually find. I now give up after 1 day if not found, just cancel and repeat the cycle again.

My A/V receiver's volume will go to whole or half numbers (40, 40.5, 41, 41.5, etc). I will never leave it on anything other than a whole number. Ever.
This a thing for me too. Volume on anything ends in 0 or 5.

my wife puts bowls and plates in the top section of the dishwasher and always puts things crossways in the bottom section 😳

Spreadsheets where someone has to use every color, font, text size, and fill. It’s just numbers people.

Before I go to bed I check my locks. I start at the garage door and make sure it's down. Even though I came in and closed it afterwards. And I know I closed it because I watched it close. I still check it.
Then the back door. No one's used it in a week. It's locked. I know it's locked. I check it anyway.
Finally the front door lock and deadbolt. I check them too.

Light switches at the bottom of the stairs have to be a certain way. I fix them if they're not.

None of this is true OCD behavior. I can function fine without checking the doors and fixing the light switches. But it's my habit after following up behind my kids over the years.

I HATE when I forget my rangefinder or it dies. I MUST shoot the distance on all approach shots.

....don't know how I played golf all those years without one!

I will rearrange everything in the dishwasher as the way my wife and daughters load it is super inefficient, lol. I’ll rearrange the bills in my wallet so they are largest to smallest and all face the same way. I’m OCD about keeping my boat clean. I’ll get out a detail cloth and some vinyl cleaner even for one tiny spot on a seat. I wipe down the inside of the boat and clean the glass each time I use it which is normally 3-4 days a week.

So there are a few things that drive me nuts due to my OCD’ness.

For one I sometimes wonder if I live with Helen Keller when I look in the dishwasher and while there are only 4 things in there I can’t fit anything else. Cup here, dish here. Let’s organize when loading.

2. Lights and TV’s left on in every room of the house.

Im sure there are more….
Am I CRAZY?

Lets hear yours!

No, you're not crazy. I have the same fight at my house with the same things.

Not too much (I don't think?). The stacking of crap in the dishwasher - blows my mind, and I DO restack things. Maybe from my time as a dishwasher in S&W cafeteria (almost 50 years ago). And my wife and daughter remove their shoes or slippers and leave them where one (me) could trip over them - I literally kick them out of the way, and assume the act and noise will bring change - oddly it doesn't.

Probably a few more things - but cannot think of them right now.

@JB hasn't commented on this one? I figured he had some

@JB hasn't commented on this one? I figured he had some
I have a lot actually.
Lines and angles are important to me with walls.
****, I could be here all day with certain things. most importantly, never be late for ANYTHING under any circumstance.

I have a lot actually.
Lines and angles are important to me with walls.
****, I could be here all day with certain things. most importantly, never be late for ANYTHING under any circumstance.
Ohh I knew you had plenty 🤣

when people say "fruits" and vegetables. It's FRUIT - no "s". Fruit already is plural.

I don't think this is an OCD thing but maybe, I have to have first and last names in my phone. Drives me crazy if I just have a first name.

I have a tendency of checking the doors several times and on my kids to make sure they are breathing.... I know it's not normal behavior but I do it almost every night.

Back