What are you watching? (No Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
60 Minutes. They just had a story on the Hudson River plane crash. Amazing.

I'm a little (OK a lot) cynical about that story. I've been on way too many planes that have had emergency landings. They are fully prepared and have experienced captains who know what to do there. It's like knowing CPR - you know it in case, sometimes you're around when someone needs it. But I think anyone who knows and is ready to go is a hero, not just the ones in the right place at the right time.

:sad: I'm a horrible person I guess.

The food network...some kind of wedding cake challenge. I am not always a sweets fan but right now I am dying for a piece of cake!

I'm a little (OK a lot) cynical about that story. I've been on way too many planes that have had emergency landings. They are fully prepared and have experienced captains who know what to do there. It's like knowing CPR - you know it in case, sometimes you're around when someone needs it. But I think anyone who knows and is ready to go is a hero, not just the ones in the right place at the right time.

:sad: I'm a horrible person I guess.

Remind me not to ever get on a plane with you! I flew probably 25 times over the two years before Jacqui moved here and never once had an emergency landing!

EDIT: I "flew", not I "have flew". LOL

Remind me not to ever get on a plane with you! I have flew probably 25 times over the two years before Jacqui moved here and never once had an emergency landing!

Haha, I'm with you Smalls. If I'm never on a plane that has to make an emergency landing it will be too soon.

Remind me not to ever get on a plane with you! I flew probably 25 times over the two years before Jacqui moved here and never once had an emergency landing!

EDIT: I "flew", not I "have flew". LOL

Haha, ok ok, "way too many" might not be that many. :smile: A couple unscheduled stops. One sort of spooky one where the wheels wouldn't come down so they had to circle for a while, they did though.

But you know what I'm saying...they're prepared to do this, they have tons of help from the controllers, and everything is out of the manual.

Watching the Grammys....wow, they're TERRIBLE! At least Jennifer Hudson won, that's very cool.

harold and kumar, escape from guantamino bay

Unscheduled stops are different than ditching a plane in the river! Every one of my flights have been uneventful. Let's hope they stay that way . . . just stay off any planes I am ever on OK Julie? LOL

I do have the Grammy's on. Not sure why, but I do.

Carrie Underwood is hot!

It was raining at the Winternationals so I'm watching "The Godfather", favorite movie

And Leann Rimes has sure grown up since "Blue".

(And Sheryl Crow is still lookin' nice).

Good movie . . . and a great soundtrack (if you like '70s music).

Joe Pesci is awesome in that movie, another of my favorites

I had never seen it before but it is one of JB's top 5 movies of all time, so we decided to watch it last night and I am so glad we did. Joe Pesci is great, even in some of his less successful movies I still like him.

He was good there, but a total disaster in the Lethal Weapon movies.

Haven't turned the tv on all weekend, except for a few shows such as House or NCIS, I hate most tv programs.

I still thought he was funny in those. Remember his rant about never going through the drive through? Classic

In truth, my strongest memory of all those movies is the opening shot of the first one--the helicopter shot of the high rise, eventually focussing on the dead hooker? To this day, I cannot listen to "Jingle Bell Rock" without seeing that.

Stomp The Yard. This is horrible.

Woohoo, Police chase in Burbank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back