What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

Played the Titelist VG3 and Titelist GranZ (Japanese market balls) that I got cheap in mint condition from Lost Golf Balls. Both played well; VG3 plays consistently long and straight off the driver and GranZ has a very nice feel off the irons. Good durability and they have the pearl-escent finish that makes them both easy to track and easier to find in the rough. For under 20 a dozen and in brand new condition they play well for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been using the same TP5x for the last 72 holes. This is the one and only thing from Taylomade that is great currently.

I've been using the same TP5x for the last 72 holes. This is the one and only thing from Taylomade that is great currently.

as i get more rounds with it, i am liking the tp5x more and more...can't get along with the spider s putter but the sim max 2 driver has been 🔥💥🔥💥 for me...i doubt it's solely the club but i love the performance and feel of it.

Last time out was primarily the ERC Soft TT buy threw in an older RBX Tour to see how the C721 bomber would go with it

Chrome Soft TT in yellow. I like the visibility of the yellow ball the best. Great action on approach shots and around the green.

This is the one and only thing from Taylomade that is great currently.
I have almost an entire bag that would disagree with this.

I'm glad you like the tp5x though. I do too.

I used a Nitro ball from my found stash and it actually performed decently. I averaged two putts per hole on the round.

Callaway Chrome Soft. I loved it. Solid distance off all clubs, great feel and really nice stopping power on the greens with approach shots. Plus, durability was rock solid.

Last couple rounds have been with the Srixon Z stars .. mam these feel really good.. soft off the face, great spin into and around the greens, and just solid off the putter. When I put a good swing on with the driver it's a bomb, but if I pull or slice it oh man is it gone haha

I have been toying around with a different golf ball lately. I always go back to the AVX though. It just outperforms all others for my game. Not real sure why but the distance, feel, and wind play help me a ton.

Srixon Z-Star XV. impressed with these. good spin, nice feel off the face. Normally I like a little softer but have been switching to a firmer ball. Also have a box of 2021 TM TP5x's that needs some game time

Callaway chrome soft a great ball that works well with my game,

Thinking is one goes back to 2016:
78BB7867-1DF1-4180-947C-B40BF67C001E.jpeg

Chrome Soft USA Truvis. Just a great ball all around, handles the wind well, plenty of spin on approach shots and chips. Feels great off the Chicago putter.

Last couple rounds have been with the Srixon Z stars .. mam these feel really good.. soft off the face, great spin into and around the greens, and just solid off the putter. When I put a good swing on with the driver it's a bomb, but if I pull or slice it oh man is it gone haha

Been playing ZStars for a couple of years. Last two years in a row they did a BOGO offer for Fathers Day. Nice getting 4 dozen for $90 + shipping.

Most recently I played the Srixon Q Star Tour Divide. It’s a really fun ball to play and super easy to track and spot in the grass. I won’t stick with them since they’re well outside my comfort zone price wise, but I’ll certainly enjoy the dozen I bought while I have them.

Callaway Hex Diablo - really good results today. Noticeable increase in distance, and great feeling, performed on the greens like I wanted, like butter off the butter. Add that they only cost $15/doz and it’s easily one of the best balls you can play.

Q star tour divide. I really have been enjoying the novelty of watching these go through the air and watching approach shots roll on greens. I have had a bit a harder time with approach shots and lining up the club and swinging when the ball has a slight angle to target line. I tend to get sucked into the line on the ball and "feel" like I am lined up wrong. Like on a tee box or driving range that has grass cut different then the markers that are set up crooked to a hole. Where there are a few different line angles that you mind tries to line you up to and then gets confused. What people refer to "this tee shot just does not suit my eye". This ball can do this to me in the middle of the fairway, mostly on a uneven lay.

Performance is to be expected, nothing amazing, but also not a top flight rock either.

Snell Mtb-X Loved it. Played long, straight and consistent off driver and fairways with good feel and spin off my irons; easy to hold postage stamp greens when I played them properly. Fun to play.

I finally lost the last of my Wilson Staff balls today. I think it was a Duo. It wasn't bad but it wasn't good either. I couldn't get it to spin much around the green. It wasn't that long... but it's mostly my lack of talent in using it.

I found a Bridgestone Tour BX 330... that was nice... until it wound up in a pond.:cry:

I'm done with Wilson Staff though.

chrome soft x in yellow (ewww). but i’m digging it a lot. for some reason i feel like the csx in yellow is a lot more durable than the white.

No matter how many "latest, greatest" golf balls I test on the course, my lowest scores always come with a Pro V1x. It's kinda crazy because I like the feel of a few other balls better, but my driving distance AND putting/short game is more consistent with the Pro V1x.

I've been playing through my stash of BOGO balls. Chrome Soft Truvis, Bridgestone RX, Snell Mtb-X and the longest ball for me is the Chrome Soft Truvis. Getting plenty of spin green side as of late. Working on chipping has helped a lot in the regard.

I am a high handicapper and tried out the TP5. I can't say I am good enough to get the full benefit from the ball, but I have more confidence when I play with it and love the feel.

I previously just played with whatever ball I had then saw some recommendations that its best stick with one specific ball. I am an idiot and picked an expensive ball but I really like the feel of the ball off the club.

Front 9 with Chrome Soft. Good off the tee, good stopping power on approach shots. Where is shines is chipping around the green.

Back 9 with Srixon Soft Feel. Longer than Chrome Soft off the tee for me. Good on approach shots that are high. (I did stick and 8 iron to 2 feet from 134 with this ball, was only 4 feet from the ball mark) Do have to allow a for a bit more rollout while chipping, but I could maybe change the ball position and fix this issue. :unsure:

Back