What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

I've been playing the ProV1 for over a year. I did a lot of experimenting last year and decided it performed the best overall for me. However, at age 71 my distance both off the tee and with my irons is declining. The other senior players in my group all play the AVX and it seems to help them get a few more yards. I'm thinking I might give the AVX a try.

A. Precept Laddie
B. They don’t make this model anymore, now it’s “Extreme”
C. I’d been away too long.

Another chip and putt round with the Chrome Soft X. Spinning the ball like a madman from 30 to 80 yards and it just tickles my soul. I can’t wait to get these out on the course tomorrow!

Played the Saintnine X and used the same ball for the whole round. They are okay, though I probably wouldn’t play them regularly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Played nine with the Chrome Soft, all around great ball especially around the green on chips.
Played nice with ERC Soft, good off the tee and launches high. Good on approach shots and didn't seem to run out to far. Felt good off the putter.

Played CSX LS and was quite pleased with it. Great short game spin! Had fellow golfer ask me if I had illegal groves on my wedge.

I've played yellow balls mostly for the past few years. At one point I declared that I couldn't imagine any reason for white balls to be white instead of yellow since the yellow is easier to see in the air and on the ground and just better.

But I happened to get some white Pro V1's a few months ago and kind of enjoyed switching back to white for a while. Once that dozen was used up I went back to the yellow ones and that's what I've been playing. But the last couple rounds, every time I look at that yellow golf ball it just doesn't look right. So today I pulled one of my leftover white Pro V1's out for my round and it was like, "Wow, this is great. Why don't I play these all the time?".

Whoever said golf was 90% mental made a heck of an understatement.

I've been gaming the W/S Duo Professional (matte green) since they were introduced. Great feeling and performing ball that is easy to see during our drought.

The local shop hasn't had them in stock for the last couple of months and I'm down to 2 sleeves. :confused: Hopefully, there will be "father's day" sale online and I can stock up.

Currently giving the Bridgestone Tour B XS a shot and really liking them. Feel good off the tee and am getting great spin around the greens.

Snell MTB Black, in yellow because I can see it better in the air and on the ground. These are great golf balls at a reasonable price.

Played the Chrome Soft X for the first time today. Not sure I really noticed a difference in my play from the standard Chrome Soft. #HandsOfStone

I played '21 TP5x last time. I had 8 birdies from over 7000y in plug fairway conditions, because that ball is the 💩.

Last edited:
Tried and True Z Star XV - Gotta give it up to Srixon- love the roll off putter to the feel on chips through iron full swings... Awesome ball with check and straight distance

Still trying to finish out the cut blues... I get great distance off the driver. Good spin on the irons... Today is the first day I noticed wedge bites, tho... The only reason I know it was wedges is because I had to swap out a ball that had visited a few trees over the last few rounds and was getting kinda beat up... Took one 3/4 wedge shot with the new one and noticed the marks on it. First time I've seen this but I know others have mentioned it.

Played 2021 version of ProV1 on the front and 2019 version of ProV1X on the back on each of both rounds this weekend. Don’t know what it is but I just scored better with ProV1X.

I played the snell mtb-black in yellow. I had a lesson in the morning. Then walked 9 at a par three course I like. My biggest problem has always been aim/accuracy. Hit 5/9 greens(4/9 old best). Then later in the night I went to my home course for a twilight 9. 4/7 fairways hit with long drive of 292(which my best drive on that hole is 321 but that’s what some nice wind will do for you). Could be the ball could be the one change I made after the lesson.

Played the 2021 Pro V1. Hit it much better today. I think the TP5 is longer off the long clubs for me but the Pro V definitely spins more off the wedges. Hit a few chips and pitches exactly how I wanted and they checked up and stopped short of where I expected. Still undecided on which way I’m gonna go. Both are solid choices. I could play either and be happy with the results

Played the Saintnine X and used the same ball for the whole round. They are okay, though I probably wouldn’t play them regularly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It took another 9 holes before this Saintnine ball started getting scuffed up. I still have a couple of them left. They are pretty durable.

I broke out a box of Q Star Tours after playing my last three rounds with the Z Star XV. I played okay, but the QST's weren't quite as good for my game as I remembered. A bit too soft, a bit too short off the driver, and not as much wedge spin. Not a bad ball by any means, but for me the Z Stars are worth the extra cost.

Liking the e12 Contact so much. Everything about it.

I played with the Bridgestone Tour B RXS on Saturday.

I was very impressed with the distance and spin on the greens. The ball felt very good and reacted well on the shots I needed to stop quicker.

Back