What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

Really enjoying the 2021 version of the Pro V1x. I believe Titleist has made a perfect ball even more ... perfect.

Did some Chrome Soft X testing at a chip and putt course (35-80 yards) with the wife and friends yesterday. I spun two balls back off the green and as long as I could get two hops on the green, I could hold it. It was bonkers!

Played the yellow Bridgestone RXS today instead of my normal Pro-V1. My putting was horrible. My distance control disappeared and that is normally a strength.

I'm not sure if that was the ball or not but most putts were well past the hole.

Is the RXS a harder ball than the Pro-V!?

Played a cut blue today... Was able to get it to stop fairly well.
I played those last year and liked them, so I picked up another box this year. Doesn't seem to fly as far as other balls, and when I actually pure a wedge, the ball gets all cut up (hence the name, I guess).

I found a Chrome Soft Triple Track on the course today, and played it for 15 holes. Really liked the ball flight, the ability for the ball to stop, and the way it felt. I personally did not like the lines on the ball, but to each their own.

I decided it was time to play ProV1x and see how it plays for me. I was fit by Titleist on a range with a Trackman to them. That fit is the primary basis that I need spin from my golf ball.
I still can hemorrhage golf balls, I picked up “mint” reclaimed ones. First impressions I really like them with my irons. It’s a push with driver. And with wedges , my first impression was not good. But that turned out to be a bad feel day.

I really like the durability. As that was the primary reason for looking to make a change. The experiment is solidifying my preferred ball profile. Once I use (loose) these, the search for a similar ball I can afford to play will commence.

I played chrome soft X with triple track today, because I've been fooling around with some CSX and wanted these damn things out of my house finally. I scored really, really well, despite them. So unfortunately, I still have the hideous things.

Bridgestone Tour BX. Distance for days and good feel around the green.

e12 Contact for 18 today, left myself short sided several times with the green running severely away from me and was able to get the ball to check up within a reasonable distance, made a few up hill putts, missed a few. But still pleased with the performance. Hit a few drives to parts of the fairway I haven’t seen with driver in many years, so the distance is there too.

e12 Contact for 18 today, left myself short sided several times with the green running severely away from me and was able to get the ball to check up within a reasonable distance, made a few up hill putts, missed a few. But still pleased with the performance. Hit a few drives to parts of the fairway I haven’t seen with driver in many years, so the distance is there too.
Seriously underrated ball, IMO.

Chrome Soft TT. Still a great fit for me. I'm sure I could probably squeeze out a few more yards off the tee with something like the CSX but I'm happy to keep gaming these. Was able to get the ball to do things on command last night that I'm not normally good for. A few knockdowns, along with a mid flight spinning wedge shot into #3 that spun back and left me with a decent putt for birdie. Didn't make it, but played the same ball for 9 holes and shot my second lowest 9 hole score of the season.

2021 Pro V1 seems to be a good fit for my game. It's got plenty of short game spin and feels great off the putter. It does well off the longer end of the bag too. I've thrown some darts with my 6i thru LW with this ball. I'm wanting to try the 2021 Pro V1x to see if I can squeeze out a few hundred more rpm through the bag however I'm procrastinating because the V1 has been so good!

Played the 2021 Pro V1 lately and it's the ball I'll be playing.

Played the 2021 Pro V1 lately and it's the ball I'll be playing.
I put this ball in to play on Sunday - Really like it - Wish I had some in Yellow.

I put this ball in to play on Sunday - Really like it - Wish I had some in Yellow.
Like a Scotty Cameron putter, there's nothing like them. Best all around ball.

2020 yellow chrome soft x with triple track. best ball i’ve ever played. i am not a fan of a yellow golf ball, but i’m ready to say the durability of the yellow is excellent and far better than the white. love this ball.

20210602_202722.jpg

I played the Chromesoft X with TT again. Trying to get rid of them. Good news is, despite playing extremely well, I am. Because they only last about 3 holes for me.

When they first came out I tried them from 4 different purchases, said they were the worst ball I'd ever played in terms of durability, not for me, and pretty much moved out of the thread. I've been trying to play CSX a little bit lately, and a couple others, looking for a slightly different spin profile. I didn't comment on the durability after my last round with these TT's I've had laying around for a while, but I feel it necessary after today.

Very soft conditions, no stray balls, and played the Z-Star XV for the first 10 holes. It's okay. 1 scuff. Meant to switch to CSX on the back, but forgot. Had a wet phone issue distracting me. Anyway, put them in play on 11, and went through 3 in 8 holes. I mean... wt? There were plenty of apologists when they first came out and plenty of people still love this ball, but that's ridiculous. One had a deeper abrasion and I tossed it. I think it was from a fairway bunker 4i on #12. Good strike. It never teed 13. These are the other two after cleaning. I probably wouldn't put either one back in play.

I've had some great results and rounds (64 today) with the irons I've been hoping they'd be a better ball fit for, and good driver results with my current setup, but 3 balls in 8 holes on a wet and pretty plush course is kinda crazy. I looked up my original comments, and I said then it took me about 3 holes to chew one of these. Apparently that's still true. Results always vary, but for me that's just not gonna work. @McLovin has said the yellow are more durable for him, but I don't play yellow. I have a coupe sleeves, and if I get bored enough I'll put them in play as an experiment. I have no desire to play yellow long term though. Seriously disappointing.

Last edited:
View attachment 9010989

I played the Chromesoft X with TT again. Trying to get rid of them. Good news is, despite playing extremely well, I am. Because they only last about 3 holes for me.

When they first came out I tried them from 4 different purchases, said they were the worst ball I'd ever played in terms of durability, not for me, and pretty much moved out of the thread. I've been trying to play CSX a little bit lately, and a couple others, looking for a slightly different spin profile. I didn't comment on the durability after my last round with these TT's I've had laying around for a while, but I feel it necessary after today.

Very soft conditions, no stray balls, and played the Z-Star XV for the first 10 holes. It's okay. 1 scuff. Meant to switch to CSX on the back, but forgot. Had a wet phone issue distracting me. Anyway, put them in play on 11, and went through 3 in 8 holes. I mean... wt? There were plenty of apologists when they first came out and plenty of people still love this ball, but that's ridiculous. One had a deeper abrasion and I tossed it. I think it was from a fairway bunker 4i on #12. Good strike. It never teed 13. These are the other two after cleaning. I probably wouldn't put either one back in play.

I've had some great results and rounds (64 today) with the irons I've been hoping they'd be a better ball fit for, and good driver results with my current setup, but 3 balls in 8 holes on a wet and pretty plush course is kinda crazy. I looked up my original comments, and I said then it took me about 3 holes to chew one of these. Apparently that's still true. Results always vary, but for me that's just not gonna work. @McLovin has said the yellow are more durable for him, but I don't play yellow. I have a coupe sleeves, and if I get bored enough I'll put them in play as an experiment. I have no desire to play yellow long term though. Seriously disappointing.

i never saw anything as bad with the white as you. but you’re not alone, A LOT of people are having durability issues. like you i cannot stand yellow golf balls, but i love csx20 and tt too much to give it up, so i’m playing the yellow and the durability is a nonissue. i can get multiple rounds out of one ball. feel is actually a little different than the white too, at least to me. so the yellow csx20tt is my ball.

Tried the QStar Divide for one hole the other day. Instant first take was wow, kinda weird but really cool. It was fun and putted the split line to the hole which has a great benefit. I hit driver, wedge, and putted. The spin off the wedge really showed up and the drive….you could see it well. The feel was smooth through it all. Daughter and I are playing in an outing Sunday and for fun, I’m gonna grab some for it.

I had been playing matte yellow Callaway SuperHot's, but something never felt right about them. I was gifted a dozen Callaway Supersoft balls, so I played them over the past 2 rounds. I really like how that ball comes off the clubface and plays around the green.

Last edited:
Played a current generation Bridgestone Tour B XS for the first time yesterday and really liked it. To me, the feel was less firm than the previous generation which is a definite positive for me. Seemed like I was getting pretty similar performance to what I get with my normal gamers, the RX and RXS.

I've been going between a manufacturer's marquee offering and their lesser offering to compare if I'm getting much difference (score-wise, feel, etc.). Current comp is the TP5 vs Tour Response. Really like the Tour Response from a feel and spin standpoint compared to other similarly priced offerings. Srixon's line is of course good throughout the spectrum.

On the advice of a co-worker, I played the TP5x yesterday, and found it provided more spin around the greens then the Prov1x I had been playing. I need a few more rounds with it, but I might be making the switch.

Back