What coffee are you drinking?

I've had 2 Starbucks K-Cups this morning and I am still struggling. We are transitioning our youngest little guy into a regular bed and he had a rough night, which means mom and dad had a rough one too.

Starbucks verona blend. straight.

No idea what it is, but I know it was the last of our coffee in the house. Need to make a new run somewhere.

Columbian KCup from Williams Sonoma

I bought a Hario V-60 and a burr grinder and I've been very happy with the results. Fun to make a nice cuppa.

Wild how different various beans are in taste (Capt. Obvious). I like the Guatemalan beans. On the mild, sweeter side.

Seattle’s best “6th ave bistro” organic and fair trade. Also was on sale

Our Monday thru Friday coffee is the Kroger Supreme Blend. Super cheap and better than the name brands.

On weekends I'll grind some beans and take a little more care in making a pot. Recently we finished off a bag of Peet's Big Bang which I really like. My wife likes Starbuck's Pike Place but I don't find it to be anything special... I think next up is a Ugandan blend of beans. Looking forward to that on Saturday...

A while back I got some Ethiopia Harrar beans from High Noon coffee roasters in Asheville. Made some of the best coffee I can ever remember drinking. Unfortunately I used up my 2kg and when I went to restock she had just run out of the Harrar.

So today and for the last few weeks we're drinking a 50/50 blend of Yirgacheffe (much more basic flavor than the Harrar) and Brazil Aprocem Coop. Very smooth and tasty, not very exciting though.

In fact, I'm off to brew the second batch of the morning now!

P.S. I also have in the freezer an emergency stash of Sumatra Ketiara which I'll probably go through when the current batch of Yirgacheffe/Brazil runs out next week. I hate ordering coffee beans this time of year when they will sit in a hot truck for a couple days on the way to me.

I Prefer fresh ground from beans and dripped from a Technivorm MochaMaster. I like it black so I can enjoy the favor of the coffee.

I try to get the best coffee beans we can get / afford. List of rated Coffee by Points, like wine: https://www.coffeereview.com/

97 & 98 point coffees and roasters!
https://portofmokha.com/ Yemen
https://dragonflycoffeeroasters.com/collections/third-wave-coffees Top Roaster in USA
https://www.jbccoffeeroasters.com/90-plus-coffees
http://www.graffeo.com/ Graffeo Coffee Roasting Company - Favorite San Francisco Coffee!

Hope this helps and that you enjoy these as much as I do!

Last edited:
Community Coffee Cafe' Special medium dark roast.

I order Klatch and Blue Bottle single origins roasted beans

Had a kcup of Donut Shop Dark. Not too bad.

Speaking of coffee, has anyone tried Panera’s “coffee subscription”? My wife found a promo for a free couple months (not sure if it’s still going on) so we decided to try it. Nothing special but can’t go wrong with free coffee. Mostly working from home, I don’t think I get the full benefit but I’m still contemplating if the $9/month is worth unlimited drip/iced coffee

I buy big cannisters of the Dunkin' original flavor to brew at home....

I have a "flex coffee maker" that also allows K-cup brewing...for that, I just mix up the flavors...I usually use the K-Cup single brew option for an afternoon coffee if I need a boost. Or my daughter uses it for hot chocolate....

I need to do something different with coffee. It’s just not tasting as good as it use to. It doesn’t matter what beans I use or water/coffee ratio.

I need to do something different with coffee. It’s just not tasting as good as it use to. It doesn’t matter what beans I use or water/coffee ratio.
I have days like this...some days I can drink coffee all morning and sometimes it just doesn't do it, and I dump it after a cup and a half.

I had to give up drip coffee long ago. Switching to espresso based americanos really helped. In summer, it's iced americano season. I just poor espresso over crushed ice. Then for a real treat, poor it over really good vanilla ice cream.

We've moved to Hawaiian Grog. So good, decent beans, some toasted coconut and some flavorings

Speaking of coffee, has anyone tried Panera’s “coffee subscription”? My wife found a promo for a free couple months (not sure if it’s still going on) so we decided to try it. Nothing special but can’t go wrong with free coffee. Mostly working from home, I don’t think I get the full benefit but I’m still contemplating if the $9/month is worth unlimited drip/iced coffee

So i have the free coffee subscription ... I get it for a drink as there are are two stores I pass... it is very meh... little if any caffeine boost. wouldnt pay for it.

Have you cleaned your coffee maker recently?;):coffee::coffee:

My favorite organic Columbian beans were just changed from light roast to medium, so time to find a new coffee. That really sucks. :cautious:
This one was really good and the price was really reasonable on sale. They raised the price too. (n)

Philz Greater Alarm right now.

Back