What comes to mind when you think of Tour Edge?

How much do you guys think their look helps reinforce some of the reactions in here?

How much do you guys think their look helps reinforce some of the reactions in here?
Personally, I do not think their designs help. That sounds so snooty and stuck up and I don't want it to come across that way, but....

edit: I will say this though, I have never shopped their equipment. From memory, they looked very cheaply made but that has been years ago. I am sure they have "upgraded". To each their own. Many people think that the Callaway Mavrik irons look cheap. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Personally, I do not think their designs help. That sounds so snooty and stuck up and I don't want it to come across that way, but....
No, I'm with you. I feel like the look caters to a certain demographic a little more than others.

I honestly wish there was a way for people to hit these or even see them in camouflage... Kinda like cars

I think name says something that isn't true of the brand. I say this having shown off my TEEm clubs and people scoffing because the name before even seeing them.

No, I'm with you. I feel like the look caters to a certain demographic a little more than others.

I get hat with the old irons...and even old pre exs woods... But 2020 ex's 220 and this new lineup?

C'mon now! Slap taylormade Cally or other and it outsells in a multiple...

while I know the exotics line isn’t, i think bargain clubs.

edit: I will say this though, I have never shopped their equipment. From memory, they looked very cheaply made but that has been years ago. I am sure they have "upgraded". To each their own. Many people think that the Callaway Mavrik irons look cheap. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
This look is bad?
4A42F821-3CA9-48D0-9ECC-4168B5AA2D76.jpeg

I get hat with the old irons...and even old pre exs woods... But 2020 ex's 220 and this new lineup?

C'mon now! Slap taylormade Cally or other and it outsells in a multiple...
I would disagree. I mean, the EXS were brighter, but still had a little bit of basic/value element to them to my eye, same with some of their irons, and if anything the new 721 looks like a walk back of some of that change. I always feel like word Exotics looks out of place in them.

So if that perception exists, let's say beyond just me, and they're overwhelming seen in the wild in the hands of older guys/champions tour players, how do you change that perception? And how limited are you on design things by the players already buying/playing them? Are those same people going to be on board if the look turns more Exotic?

Cheap and bad go hand in hand, no? And I know your post didn’t say that, but the other I quoted did.
Well I mean if you're part of the group that thinks anything that costs less must be lesser, I suppose so. You'd probably know better than me if they make up a significant percentage of buyers or if Tour Edge is really even after those people. Would seem like a pretty tough group to crack with their model.

Well I mean if you're part of the group that thinks anything that costs less must be lesser, I suppose so. You'd probably know better than me if they make up a significant percentage of buyers or if Tour Edge is really even after those people. Would seem like a pretty tough group to crack with their model.
Fwiw, their sales have been increasing steadily, the EXS and then 220 line was quite popular for them. Irons, we can agree have lagged behind in looks other than true players releases, and I’ve called them on that in the past. This year they’re looking to change that though.

I think the fact that they have two separate operating lines leans in on some of the perception. But, the model has actually been successful in the Hot Launch selling more than anyone would ever guess and Exotics maintaining that upper niche.

It’s been interesting to see them with a different model and dynamic, and making it work extremely well. A company down the road from them could take notes in my personal opinion.

Fwiw, their sales have been increasing steadily, the EXS and then 220 line was quite popular for them. Irons, we can agree have lagged behind in looks other than true players releases, and I’ve called them on that in the past. This year they’re looking to change that though.

I think the fact that they have two separate operating lines leans in on some of the perception. But, the model has actually been successful in the Hot Launch selling more than anyone would ever guess and Exotics maintaining that upper niche.

It’s been interesting to see them with a different model and dynamic, and making it work extremely well. A company down the road from them could take notes in my personal opinion.
Yeah, I'm aware of their successes lately and I read and watch the reviews, which are very good. Obviously that isn't enough to change some of the perceptions about them, based on some responses here, so I'm just trying to think about the why's and how's of it all. Not sure if that was @ddec 's intention here.

Like, why aren't those reviews enough for me to buy and try blind (not a lot of access here)? I do it with others. As I think and compare I wonder if the looks are a determining factor when not being sure of an individual performance match/fit. At least it'll look good type thinking with other ones. Why aren't their designs as appealing to me (and some other people), and what could be done to get someone like me to bite? Would seeing them in the hands of players I admire/emulate more matter? I don't know. I find it all kind of curious. :unsure:

Decent cheaper clubs, similar to Adams. Had a set of irons that probably should have kept because they were pretty good, like all the rest better than me.

I am going to sound like a total moron but will answer honestly. I have no experience with Tour Edge and no real data of any kind. And yet my knee jerk reaction is to see them as a low cost brand I would expect to see in a department store sporting good aisle. I honestly don't know why I have that impression. Like I said, no experience, no data. I don't know how to explain it, but there it is.

This x2.

I dont know why but mentally, last summer when I decided to purchase my last set, these were ruled out quite quickly. Think it has more to do with their marketing would be my only geuss.

For FWs and hybrids, I think they are as good as anything else out there, but at a lower price. The EXS 220 line is really good. I have not been able to think about them for driver, but the new one, C721, as bad as it looks to me, I’ll try it based off the reviews I have seen.

Allot. I think the EXS 220 lineup began to shift things in the right direction from the metals end of things, still really didn't like the look of the irons.

Now with the C721 lineup it's looking like the opposite. I think the irons are the best looking that TE has put out there while the C721 driver looks like a prototype club that they planned on making look more attractive later on. I was looking to upgrade my EXS 220 driver but unless the C721 vastly outperforms the Radspeed XB or Mizuno ST-X my next driver probably won't be the TE that I've gamed through the past two cycles. If I didn't just pick up a mint set of JPX 919 clubs last month I would probably be itching to pull the trigger on the C721 irons though.

Cheap and bad go hand in hand, no? And I know your post didn’t say that, but the other I quoted did.
Nope. I said they looked cheaply made. It’s all opinion also. I made that point also.

Nope. I said they looked cheaply made. It’s all opinion also. I made that point also.
Indeed, and I’m just trying to make conversation about it (y)

And an interesting conversation it is, so many have an impression that is so different than mine. I get the "Value", impression, as that has kind of been Tour Edge's model the last few years, but "Cheap" or anything like that? I guess if your only exposure to the brand was seeing the old Bazooka full sets in Walmart or Big 5, or maybe the early Hot Launch full sets, I could kind of see that.
For me though, going back about 10 - 15 years, and only knowing about the Exotics line, they were really expensive, but the performance and tech were there to justify it. They were putting Ti faces on hybrids and fairways, combo-brazing and cup-faces before anyone else, and some PGA Tour players used them without getting paid (don't ask because I don't remember who). So my impression was always a small company that wasn't afraid to push the limits of materials and design, but you were going to pay for it. I do kike the move towards value though, because I'm not seeing a drop off in quality.

Great equipment at a great price. I love my wingman putter and my dad has loved their newest driver. Smart consumer friendly company bringing a lot of value to the golf world.

Tour Edge has really been making some quality gear that fit a large number of golfers really well. They have been flying under the radar a bit but are getting more and more attention every year. Very solid woods company for sure

Back