What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shot 53/42-95...just had a horrible front nine, making doubles every way imaginable. Even started the back nine par, triple, double before things finally started going in a consistent direction. Played the last six holes in one over with five pars. Definitely nice to salvage anything considered respectable based on how ugly the first twelve holes were.

Solid day today. 41/39 - 80

After a rough day yesterday, got back out there today and shot a solid number. Gave myself chances to make pars on just about every hole, just needed a few more putts to drop. Even the greens I missed were just off the green. My aim and distance was pretty solid all day.

Crushed Bertha today and when I needed to go less than driver, the heavenwood was there to pick it up. I hit some bombs today and it was a fun round. I really should have birdied every par 5, but struggled on what should have been pretty easy up and downs.

1sPHJhc.png

Pretty decent round of 74
35 Front w/ 2 birdies, 1 bogey, 6 pars
38 Back w/ 1 birdie, 2 bogeys, 5 pars, and doubled 18th by dunkin' one in the pond.
18 went like this: Drive into fairway bunker up against the lip, Wedge out, try to smoke a 3 wood to the green and pull it into the pond, beat myself upside the head with the grip-end of the 3 wood, drop (pond is a lateral), flop onto the green and 2 putt for double, check my head in the window of the building alon side of the 18th green for signs of blood from the self imposed beating with the 3 wood, go to the car and drive home mumbling to myself.

Last edited:
76... 27 putts (two 3-putts). Woods were horrendous. Putter was on fire except for two holes I got a bit aggressive on. 3 birdies. Big round coming Wednesday. Going to need to get the driver straight by then.

Had great time with Adwillingham, SparksJr and Intimidator at Sevierville Gol Club. Shot an 86 with a Quad, a triple and a double. The highlight for me besides the company was 3 birdies in a row. Have never done that before. What a feeling that was. I did wake up though. :act-up:

JM

Only had time for nine holes before we had to get ready to come home, played decent 43. As always here were a few shots I'd like to have back but overall pretty happy with how I have been playing lately.

First round in five days, shot 43-42. 15 over. Horrible play on the par threes (6, 3, 6, 4, 3, 5) 9-over kept it from being a really good round. Was 6 over on the other 12 holes.

Putting saved me a lot though, especially on the first two holes, with a 25 footer on 1 and a 15 footer on 2 to save pars.

111. I forgot how to swing for the first 5 holes or so and then couldn't stop pushing my irons 15 yards right the hole day.

Quick 9 early this morning before the heat set in. Poor striking today. The handful of shots that were above knee high, hit trees. If the fairways weren't as hard as freeways I would have easily doubled my score.

Played a different course today that i havent played on for over a year, my ball striking was horrible on the from 9 and it showed with a +7 43 which included a lost ball on the second hole. Back 9 was a little better with a 40 and my driver was much better, for a +11 83.
The annoying thing was this course has markers in the fairway but if you are off in the rough there is no markers on the tree's and with out having a gps/laser it was a bit hard to get an accurate distance, i think i need to invest in one.
I had a good time and the weather was great so that was the main thing.

Solid day today. 41/39 - 80

After a rough day yesterday, got back out there today and shot a solid number. Gave myself chances to make pars on just about every hole, just needed a few more putts to drop. Even the greens I missed were just off the green. My aim and distance was pretty solid all day.

Crushed Bertha today and when I needed to go less than driver, the heavenwood was there to pick it up. I hit some bombs today and it was a fun round. I really should have birdied every par 5, but struggled on what should have been pretty easy up and downs.

1sPHJhc.png

Dude you are smacking the heck out of the ball! And that Heavenwood, gawd you are making me want one ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Played saturday and sunday. Two completely different rounds...

Saturday: Played one of the best courses in Europe, a really tricky links course. Narrow, undulated fairways, fast greens, just a true test of golf. Conditions were sub-par, with a lot of wind and rain. I was playing really solid from tee to green, with most tee shots finding the fairways (FIR 64%), a lot of greens found (45%, which is my highest ever), and no 3 jacks. I birdied the toughest hole on the course after a great drive and an even better approach, and made another birdie when I pitched it to a foot on a par 5. I lost one tee shot in the tall fescue, which caused me to score an 8 on a par 4, and also had one tee shot blown OOB by the wind. Other than that I was probably playing my best golf ever. I ended up tying my personal best of 88 (45-43) on a course that allowed me to shoot 95. And I had a l

Sunday: Played one of the easiest courses in the area. Huge fairways, pretty open greens, pretty flat terrain. I was feeling pretty confident given the way I played the day before on a much tougher course. Well, that confidence was gone after two holes and 3 lost balls... Couldn't get a single shot in the fairway. I was missing them left and right. I didn't find a single green all day. I lost 11(!!!!!!!!) balls. Putting was okay, but couldn't sink anything outside 6 feet. Ended up shooting the worst score in a long time, probably since I just started playing 18 months ago: 110 (56-54).

This is why I both love and hate golf. It can give you the highest of highs and the lowest of lows... Can't wait to get back out to redeem myself.

47 this morning. Hit the driver and irons well today. What let me down was my putter. 22 putts, two of which came on GIR's (one of which was a 8 foot putt for what could have been a birdie), really hurt the round this morning. Considering switching putters because right now the 8883 BLK isn't working for me ... even during practice. Add up my last two nines (front and back of the same course) and I would have shot a 92. That's right around where I want to be, and close to hitting my goal of breaking 90 for the year. Just need to keep practicing. Short game is coming along ... a couple extra shots were due to flying greens thanks to better than usual contact, so I may have to recalculate my iron distances in the not too near future.

Second 79 in a row. I LOVE THOSE!!!

41/38. Irons were really stinking good. Driver was mehhhh.. short game was great!!

Played yesterday at my club and shot an 87 via 46/41. Driver and inside of 100 yards I was solid but had a tough time controlling my mid and long irons. Just seemed to be offline causing me to have to chip a lot around the green. Only 2 three-putts all day, so happy with that. My putting was, overall, pretty good. I am improving though and even though my score is what it was, I was pretty happy with my round and how I was hitting them.

Played 36 yesterday at Thunderbird Hills in Huron Ohio. Shot 85 on the North Course. And 83 on the south course. For the first time ever yesterday I had back to back birdies. Never had done that before. Granted followed that up with a triple on last hole. So I played last 5 holes at par, birdie, bogey, birdie, birdie, triple. Stupid last hole lol

I played in a 9 hole parent/kid 4 person scramble organized by the golf school that my daughter attends. I was lucky enough to team up with another solid dad/daughter and won with an 8 under score of 28! There were 19 foursomes in the tournament and 2nd place was only stroke behind. It was her first tournament and she was very excited as she made 2 of our birdie putts and also hit it close on one of the par 3's. It was a very exciting day for all of us.

Shot a 40 on par 35 today. Doubled the last two holes…. Got lucky a couple times, but until the end I played pretty solid

I feel like my tee to green game is great right now, but I just can't seem to make any putts. On Fri./Sat., I shot 76-76 with 35 putts on Friday and 36 on Saturday.

Shot a 43/45=88 today.

Turned yesterday's fiasco around today at Forrest Lake with a 41/40-81 that could of easily been a 78. Putting still got me cause I can't read a damn green (nothing like putting the ball right where you aimed just to watch it slide right by the hole) but very solid round none the less.

bac45b4487bdeeba88a63dfdb602991c.jpg

Broke 100... Had a mare on the 5th

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

Ugh... threw up all over myself today. 42/45 87. Weird part is I was striking the ball real well hitting 6 fw and 5 greens on the front. Just could not putt!!! Then I just checked out on the back.

Got another 36 in today, having a rough time with my irons that I finally started to figure out on my last 9 today.

First round started great and ended poorly as my iron play was gross at best, 39/45 84

Second round was pretty consistent but with better ball striking on the back nine, 41/40 81

Another 36 on Tuesday, hoping to carry over the better iron play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back