What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
41/37 - 78. Made 3 good birdies and a couple of bad scores or it would have been better. 11 of 14 fairways, 10 of 18 greens. All on one ball. Highlight of the day was pulling my drive into the woods on 18, punching out to 85 yards, 3rd shot to 5 feet and making the putt to seal the deal. 70 degrees in December didn't hurt, either...

40 on 9. 60's in December though, so it was a great round

I played out of my mind golf today.

Chipped in on the 4th for eagle and the fifth for birdie on my way to a front 9 32.
Followed that up with three birdies and a bogey on the back for a 34 and finished at -6 66.

Burned the edges on at least five or six other holes, and almost chipped in for a second greenside eagle on the 9th. What a wild and awesome day, where it seemed like everything was cruise control the whole way. Kind of funny how we get a gift of great weather in December and I play my best golf of the year.

Here's hoping the indoor activity doesn't hinder my swing if we ever actually see some snow in Ohio this year.
He'll of a round!

Tale of two nines for today, 40/49-89. Front nine basically everything was great in spots. 5 pars, 4 bogeys. VLine rolling real strong for me, then the back nine hit, struggled off the tee but putter remained a strength or that 49 could have been worse. I lost my tempo on the back nine just didn't stay smooth, got quick and it was disastrous off the tee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chipped in on the 4th for eagle and the fifth for birdie on my way to a front 9 32.
Followed that up with three birdies and a bogey on the back for a 34 and finished at -6 66.

Burned the edges on at least five or six other holes, and almost chipped in for a second greenside eagle on the 9th. What a wild and awesome day, where it seemed like everything was cruise control the whole way. Kind of funny how we get a gift of great weather in December and I play my best golf of the year.

Here's hoping the indoor activity doesn't hinder my swing if we ever actually see some snow in Ohio this year.
AWESOME Dan! Thats a ridiculous score!

I request a pee test! Very nice Dan

Sounds like being selected Grandaddy captain has upped your game! Could be some crazy low scores for one Canadan this year! ZooCrew better get ready...a motivated Dan is a dangerous dan.

46-37- 83

The back 9 really showed me what I am capable of when I take it shot by shot. The 37 includes a double on a par 5. I did nothing particularly well I just grinded it out after an awful front and turned it around.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

46-37- 83

The back 9 really showed me what I am capable of when I take it shot by shot. The 37 includes a double on a par 5. I did nothing particularly well I just grinded it out after an awful front and turned it around.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Nice turnaround!

Shot 79 today (39/40). Been 4 months since breaking 80.
8/14 fairways
8 GIR
30 putts and I lipped 5 at least
2 birdies
Solid day for me and the weather was spectacular!

Horrible round today. 90 44-46. Rough at Torrey is brutal and evidently they haven't touched the bunkers in weeks.

38 - 42 - 80. Birdied 10 to get it back to 1 over for the day then my game went decidedly downhill from there. 2 doubles on the way in after uncharacteristically hitting two drives dead right into hazards. I think I hit those hazards about once every 3 years but at least I got them out of my system for a good while. Had 3 birdies on the day and nothing else greater than bogey besides the two mentioned.

That's a pretty good round buddy. If you're in to shooting under par and that kind of thing.

Well done, sir

Dan that round is nuts. I've shot a 66 on a front 9 before.

What did you shoot today?

43-36 on a par 70, but there's a big asterisk. I was cruising along the front 9, then ran into the wall of slow play and went 8-8 to finish the front. I got it back together on the back, and was 1 over going into 17. but the clock was ticking as I had to get home so my wife could leave for a gno. I hit an ok drive into 17, a poor over-hooked 7i as the time was running out. an unreal flop to about 3 1/2 feet then I had to gtfo. so based on handicap I took par par based on usga rules to post the 79 that should adjust down to 77.

it was the first round without a 3-putt. I could cry I'm so happy to say that!!!

I hit some really quality shots today, and really encouraged about the state of my game. a tip from a fitter to get to the top of my backswing before starting the downswing so that my arms can catch up to square seems to really help.

and the wedges. my word the wedges! in love

a fun day of golf but for the awful slow play that made me cut the round short by a putt and an entire hole

Last edited:
I shot a 43/40 yesterday when we got out yesterday, not bad considering I worked 13 hours prior to the round. I really controlled the ball well from all aspects and had 2 holes where I put myself in trouble and didn't do well. Very pleased with how many fairways and GIRs I had. Starting to come around with my #Staffproto irons

I shot a 43/40 yesterday when we got out yesterday, not bad considering I worked 13 hours prior to the round. I really controlled the ball well from all aspects and had 2 holes where I put myself in trouble and didn't do well. Very pleased with how many fairways and GIRs I had. Starting to come around with my #Staffproto irons

You were striking the ball well.

Decent....

Amazing! I'm sorry I had to work yesterday, I would have loved to see that round. I also didn't get to make up any ground in the rankings that I lost on Saturday!

Played yesterday afternoon and just got 18 in before it got dark. The tee markers weren't out, but I've played the course before and the guy that joined me on #4 was a regular so we played from where the blues should be (68.5/122/6055/par 72)

36-43=79 (ESC 76) with 3 3-putts
5 birdies, 5 pars, 7 bogeys, and a quintuple/double par 10 on #11

I tried out the Alpha 815 that I picked up during the CPO Black Friday sale. I played the Speeder 665 instead of putting my HandCrafted in because it was the first time hitting the driver head so why not just change it all. Hello fairways, nice to meet you! It's just too bad that I missed the fairway three times on #11; the first tee ball was in the pond on the right and the second was in the farm out of bounds on the left.

Nothing like having to get up and down from 497 yards for bogey! :banghead:

Last edited:
93 - 48 on the front and 45 on the back. and it was windy as hell. Had one drive I spanked, got caught up in the wind and ended up about 80 yards shorter than my normal drives…. and another that ended up on a 380 yard par 4, within 85 yards of the pin.

Had a few pars, mostly bogey's, a horrible 8, and doubled every par 3.

My driver was not great but not horrible - very windy today. My 3 wood was on point and my 2h worked well today, my irons were pretty good today and my chipping and putting was very good. Chipped in for par, was an amazing shot, the chip was horrible, but the ball rolled out above the hole, and trickled down and dropped.

It was very windy and even when I clubbed up 2 clubs, still ended up short on a few of the greens, but not by much.

My putting with the PTM1 was fantastic. my misses were all left but literally on the cup. drained a few good 15 footers to save par too.

Overall, happy with the day.

After my morning round got rained out, I played 9 in cold, wet conditions this afternoon. Hail did not help the cause. 45 degrees when I tee'd off. 10-15 mph wind all round, with gusts to 20+ (per the golf shop).

46 with two 3-putts, some desert shots, did not lose a ball.

I played pretty good today i think. -3 33 on the front with 3 birdies and no bogeys, back wasnt as great with 1 birdie 3 bogeys and a double for a +5 41 and total +2 74. After my lesson yesterday i put that into practise and my chipping was much better and my grip felt weird at first but im getting used to but my shots were alot straighter.

I played pretty good today i think. -3 33 on the front with 3 birdies and no bogeys, back wasnt as great with 1 birdie 3 bogeys and a double for a +5 41 and total +2 74. After my lesson yesterday i put that into practise and my chipping was much better and my grip felt weird at first but im getting used to but my shots were alot straighter.

nice round!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back