What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The most gratifying round ever.. I developed shanks about 3 days ago and worked my rear off to eliminate them. Well, went out for 18 today and I cannot lie, I was nervous standing over every single shot outside of a 60* wedge!

38/41 - 79

Did not lose a ball, did not hit a poor shot and most importantly, no shanks!

40 - 37 - 77. 2 birides and nothing above bogey. Ball striking finally started to come back on the back 9 after 27 holes where I felt lost.

Had a good round going today trying to beat the rain. 38 front, was 3 over going in to 15 and it started. 40 degs, rain and 20 MPH winds derailed the last 3 holes 7,6,7, ugh. I'm still shivering and we finished at 12:30.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

35-35 for -2 70 today.

Happy with my numbers. Missed a few short sliders that I didn't give enough credit to on the break, but other than that I think it was a great day. Wind was heavy, quite chilly, but I didn't let it get in the way. Clubbed up when i needed to and got it done.

Horrible round today. Shot 89 and just couldn't get it going today at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Went down to Shallote, NC and played River's Edge. Great course that I believe is an Arnie course.

Ended up shooting an 82 from the blacks. I strongly feel like they should flip flop both nines and make the 9th hole the last hole. Best par 5 I've played since being down here.

301 to the marsh (be careful.) 2nd shot either play it safe around the marsh or go for the green which I believe is another 250 yards over the marsh. I took the chance (failed) but I did end up with a par anyways.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Played Odessa National yesterday in 40 degree rain with a nice 15 knot wind. Once I lost the feeling in my hands (on the third hole) my score started to suffer. Once I lost the feeling in my legs (10th hole) I stopped caring about the score. Ended up 46/46 = 92.

40/39 79 today at North Bellingham. It felt like I was playing worse but some good up'n'downs and some nice putts kept the round in check.

44/36 80 w 31 putts, no penalties or lost balls, and 12/14 gir (one left, one through). Two birdies.

First time shooting even par on a 9 at this course. One bird, one bogey (from a flyer lie w 9i, into the wind, 150 yds).

I have been playing a lot of good golf the last two weeks, and my cap is about to drop more than 2 full points. Which is a mixed blessing.

43/38 = 81.

Back tees at just over 7,000 yds. First time this year playing the back tees exclusively at the home course.

Driver was misbehaving on the front, couple of penalties. Straightened things out on the back, lipped three birdie putts. Again, lol... I'm on a helluva streak lipping putts every round!

35/38 = 73 from 6400 yds at my home course today.
4 birdies/3 bogeys/1 terrible double
12/14 fairways
7 GIR
25 putts
Played in about 2.5 hrs. Definitely last round before kickoff this weekend.

Warmed up with 2 pars and a bogey before starting a 2 man scramble 1-3-5 game. We won with a -3 over 9 holes.

88 48/40 my second halves are always noticeably better
Pretty happy with my driving, once I relax and just swing it's going really straight and 250+ yards
Had a number of 1 putts and only 2 3 putts

89 (45/44)

Was my first round after 4 months away from golf, and the first time using my Nike Vapor Pro Combo-irons with zero driving range-time, so it could definitely be worse.
My drives were absolutely terrible (5 off the tee on a par 4, made a 9), but my irons and short game were in a pretty good shape. Two birdies, 32 putts, and most importantly: The motivation to go out and play more.

39/42 81 in a 25+ mph breeze.

Did not miss a fairway. Putting was flat out bad. One birdie, one double.

Overall, a very nice day to golf!

39/42 81 in a 25+ mph breeze.

Did not miss a fairway. Putting was flat out bad. One birdie, one double.

Overall, a very nice day to golf!

Looks like you've been hitting the ball really well lately. 14 fairways is pretty damn impressive at your course!

38/38 76. 4/14 fw 10 gir 30 putts.

Driver wasn't great but I didn't have any penalties, hit irons and wedges well, chipped well and didn't miss a putt inside 6 ft.

Really good round today that could have been so much better. An 8 on the 2nd was a big 'bleurgh'. Two 3 putts which is not so bad, but have been getting less and less of those.

round.png

41/40 on a tough track that required some precision. hit a good number of greens and short game was on point. didn't putt very well though.

43/38 today. Lots of bad swings due to rust but more signs of good than last round. Battling a bit of a sway and drop kicks but over all good progress for 2nd round of the year. Switched my putting grip from LHL to conventional on hole 13 and proceeded to make birdies 3 of 4 next holes. I need practice time haha

37/36 73 on a par 71. 6/14 fw 13/18 gir 32 putts. It's a fairly easy course but I was pretty happy with how I played.

45/37 82
Beautiful day early in the year so I'm okay with it.

Oofa. Tough day, 88. No idea about front and back, just asked my buddy for a number after the round.

Bermuda Run in Advance, NC. Played the tips on a very windy day, their tougher course, no idea what it's called, lol...

Weather Channel said 50° at tee-time but I find that hard to believe. Or at least the real-feel temp was much lower as the wind was darn cold. Darn cold, still sniffling.

Actually drove the ball very well but that's about it. Was strong on putts of 5-10' but the rest were here and there.

Still a great day, first time playing with my childhood friend from back in NY since he moved to Charlotte in '08.

I won the match but as he accurately dubbed it, considering our respective play, "a pillow fight," there were no real winners on the course today. ?

45 for 9 holes at Falcon Lakes.

Played an extremely short course yesterday; the greens were very inconsistent in addition to poorly maintained. Getting the speed right was a hassle all day and it showed in my game. 46-40. The 40 had 3 three putts and one penalty, 6/9 greens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back