What did you shoot today?

Driver and putter were working good today but had irons would not cooperate everything going left for some reason. 47/45 for a 92. Why can't everything work on the same day :p

37/41 for 78 today! This is my second time breaking 80! 6 one putts but I had 4 three putts today. On the GIR and left myself really long putts For those 4. Changed the driver swing up to not have such a closed stance that is taking some getting use to but I stayed in play all day. Iron play was great but I did hit two approach shots way long and one of those cost me a double On 18 lol.

46, +10 with a double and a triple.

38/44 with two birdies on the front. My back was real bad this morning so happy with the round.

20200628_130122.jpg

It's a short course, about 6200 combined, so I played irons-only after the first tee, and really started trying to have fun when we went around again (it's only 9 holes). I debate posting any scores here. The greens are tough, and it's tight off the tee, but the rating seems high for a little course. Nice to get out with the wife (and dog) again though, and it'll be great as a practice course since we play for free and it's right outside.

View attachment 8950998

It's a short course, about 6200 combined, so I played irons-only after the first tee, and really started trying to have fun when we went around again (it's only 9 holes). I debate posting any scores here. The greens are tough, and it's tight off the tee, but the rating seems high for a little course. Nice to get out with the wife (and dog) again though, and it'll be great as a practice course since we play for free and it's right outside.
Excellent round, I still dream of breaking Par one day. But the years are catching me, I think this year is my best chance if I can put all the pieces together in one round.

Excellent round, I still dream of breaking Par one day. But the years are catching me, I think this year is my best chance if I can put all the pieces together in one round.
That's great you feel like it's coming together for you. It's tough for everything to click in one round. Depends on the level each of us think of that probably, but I don't think I've ever had one. Close though.
None of us get any younger, so I hope it happens for ya, but you can always play it forward!

Last edited:
68 today (albeit from the white tees). 4 birds and all pars. Just solid all around today. Hit a pitch shot on the par 5, 16th from some nasty brush to about 2 inches. Tap in bird. Was a pretty filthy little shot.
I actually felt like crap the whole round. Very tired, so didnt really over swing.
Also not very comfortable with my putting. Thought I figured out the Sik putter, but not yet. May try and swap it out for the double bend model (360g head).

That's great you feel like it's coming together for you. It's tough for everything to click in one round. Depends on the level each of us think of that probably, but I don't think I've ever had one. Close though.
None of us get any younger, so I hope it happens for ya, but you can always play it forward!
Oddly enough if the Driver is on, I can play out to 6,600 like I did yesterday and still do OK. At 61 I am really comfortable at 6-6,300 but again if the driver is on that leaves me a lot of 2nd shots inside 150 or even 100, which is what I am going to go to work on. I missed two greens today from 115 which is just throwing birdie chances away. I am going to get my lies checked this week, I suspect some of them are upright (my eyes think so).

But practice is what I need, it used to be and not long ago that 125 in I was throwing darts not just trying to hit greens.

Shot a 76 today which is 5 strokes better than my PB at my home course.

7CD12FDC-896B-45B4-A3E3-74EFF37B79D7.jpeg

View attachment 8950998

If it has tees, fairways and greens and isn't considered an executive course I don't really think you can discount any golf course - you still have to make the shots in order to score. I know you're better than scratch, but the shotmaking still needs to happen. I'm not sure if you were just fooling around on the second nine, but you missed over half of the greens in regulation proving that even "easy" courses still force you to execute. I mean, you still managed to par them but you could probably have made birdie on at least one or two had you been GIR.
But as you pointed out, sometimes it's not about the score - you had the company of your wife and dog so it was clear you were out for enjoyment more than posting a score.

Everything finally came together for me today, although I still left some strokes out on the course. I'm convinced that the Puttout has been the key to my putting confidence this week. Shot 40/38 with four birdies and three doubles. I had two or three 8-iron putts from the fringe that lipped out which would have been birdies.
As I pounded drive after drive onto the short grass I joked with my playing partners that I was considering a new driver after my fitting earlier in the week. They told me to order it in a right handed model as they'd get more use out of it than I will:cool:
What really surprised me and impressed me was the second nine was on the Hills nine, which to me is the most difficult of the three at our course. I managed to par the first four holes, chipped in for birdie on the fifth, birdied the sixth, made bogey on seven and par on eight. One under on the 9th tee. Hit three good shots and then must have seen a squirrel or something as I bladed my wedge over the green, chipped on for 5 and lipped out the bogey putt. Could have been even par on the toughest nine. Oh well:p

42/36=78 Wind was ridiculous today holding for most of the round at 20mph. Really settled in on the back and quit trying to swing hard and was hitting fairways and greens. back to back birdies helped.

39-42. it was quite breezy for us. I had trouble judging in and down not so much from the side.

29 putts with 5 putts over 10 feet made to save par.

I had 3 looks under 10 feet or so at bird and lipped 2 and left the 3rd one a few inches short.

10 pars, 7 bogeys and a double. Not a terrible day.

Another 69 in our scramble. Putts just wouldn’t drop again and we missed out on the money by one stroke. Boooooo. I did stripe a 4 iron 235 yards center of the green for a look at eagle on a par 5 though(Hit the pin and bounced out on the putt). Might have been the only highlight of the day :LOL:

40 - 34 - 74. I need to start playing the front 9, which should be the easier 9, worth a darn again. 4 birdies, 8 pars and 6 bogeys.

Crazy up and down weather this year so far. Temps were triple digits all week topping out at 104 degrees yesterday. Today its 84 degrees. Took advantage of the nice weather. Apparently so did everyone else. Took over 5 hours to play 18. Thank God for the seat attachment on my push cart.

Still haven't reached my goal of bogey golf. But it was better than the last round. 93 today. Seems my game has changed lately. I'm not having near as many triple bogeys the past few months but I'm making less pars. Last year I was good for 2 or 3 triples a round to go along with 6 or 7 pars. I haven't had more than one triple per round in the past several months.

Today there were no triples. But not enough pars to offset the doubles. 9 bogeys, 6 doubles and 3 pars. Not one par on the back 9 but not one double either. 9 straight bogeys. The thing is, I was in position on my approach shots or the par 3's to hit the greens in regulation on every hole on the back 9. Missed them all. But not by a lot. Was able to chip on the green but not close enough for a one putt. Missed one fairway, the last one. But had a good lie with a good look at the green from about 125 yards. I either push a little too much or pull a little too much. Every miss was pretty much pin high. If I can hit a few more greens I know I can break 90. Just gotta figure it out.

Worst round of the year after starting with 2 pars and1 birdie in the first 5 holes. Wheels fell off the bus on 8 and just leaked oil to the end. Playing too much golf so taking a short break. Next round is Wednesday.

Yesterday - 44/51/95 an absolute garbage round with not much going right. Blow up holes were killer and I struggled with my distances. I seem to have picked up some extra yardage with my irons.

Today - 44/45/89 in a feast or famine round. 2 birdies and 3 triples. 26 putts. I was lights out on and around the green.

82. Very windy day. 20 mph plus. Very challenging on every shot.

A very sneaky -2. Wasn't that sharp today on a very early am round. Putting wasn't the best as half the greens were mowed. The rest were a heavy dew. Wasn't even sure what my score was at 17 and was surprised I was still, -1. What was sharp was the short game chipping. Any missed green and i knocked it up very close. A few more putts to drop and it would have been a really low one.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
6206a25735115c38932225e70708ad2f.jpg

Last edited:
Even par 71. 35/36. Should have been in the 60s today, never made a putt really all day outside of 5 feet. Burned a lot of edges.

Back