What did you shoot today?

Played my best round in 10 years or so today, shot a 66 from 6400 yards with 11/14 fairways, 14/18 greens, and 25 putts.

42/44 = 86. 5/12 FIR, 4/18 GIR, 30 putts. 2 birdies, 5 pars, 7 bogeys, 3 doubles and a triple. I went double/triple on 17 and 18 for a bad finish on a round I was pretty happy with overall. 18 was a bad tee shot followed by a terrible decision to attempt a semi-hero shot which just made things go from bad to worse. I know better than that, should have just taken my medicine and pitched out to the fairway. :mad:

40 - 37 - 77. Experienced both a lot of good and a lot of ugly throughout the round. 3 birdies, 8 pars, 6 bogeys and 1 double.

I played to an 84 today, which is about 2 strokes less than my average, and 1 stroke under my target score. It was a good round.

It was an all bogey 1, or par round. Nothing higher than a 5 on any hole. No "6s" is always a goal.

Putted pretty well, (33) except on one par 3, where I 3 putted for a bogey 1. Kind of a bummer after a gir, and a green I know pretty well.

Probably left 3 strokes out there today. Might play again tomorrow, if it's not a practice day.

Hot weather is on the way.

43/40 today.

Walked on a gorgeous day. Was on fire with the driver. Didn’t get the new putter until I got home, so that was a struggle a bit. Can’t wait to play with the new putter Friday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

45 on 9 yesterday in 1 hr 12 minutes - not bad as the course is challenging. Made par on one of the long Par 5 holes that I usually bogey which made me very happy. Always desire lower score, yet you gotta enjoy a decent and fun game.

It was like two completely different games... 42/37. Maybe it was the fuel though - course had bbq hamburgers for Canada Day at the half way.

39 on the front nine of my course last night with the regular Wednesday night after work league. Three bogeys, one from a pull out of a fairway bunker that put me in a bad spot, still almost holed out from the fringe. Another from a pretty poor chip to a precarious pin placement that left a slippery putt. Big takeaway, not one real bad full iron swing. One push that put me in a greenside bunker on the first par three, but was able to get up and down. All thanks to a couple weeks of working on something @Tadashi70 told me a long time ago that I somehow got away from after struggling with different irons for a bit that I refer to as "The Debacle", that started a very long downward spiral and even longer recovery. Last night it came together and stayed together for the first time since focusing on it a few rounds back, and I'm even getting some of my iron distance back. For the first time in a long time, I didn't feel like my irons were a weak spot. I can't be certain if its the first nine under 40 since then, but I can't remember when the last time was.

20200702_123128.jpg

Even par on a 6473 yd/72.5/133/par 71 that no one but a member will win a tournament at, ever. Might be the most 'must have local knowledge' setup I've ever played. You're either in good shape or you're absolutely screwed. There is no in between with those greens. My greenside wedge game was GD amazing (AMAZING), and I only converted 6 of 9. Would have helped if I wasn't suddenly hitting it further today and blowing through every green, but still. So it's a really challenging and unique course, that was more than reasonably priced, and a full round took just under 3 hours on a decently busy day playing with a dad and his kids, so that's all a big win in my book. Lots of fun and I'll definitely go back. Now I can stick to the home course over the weekend while things are overcrowded everywhere else.

Last edited:
42/50 w/ 35 putts for the day at Celebration Golf Club in Orlando which was recommended by @McLovin Great track. Gorgeous views. I was only 3 over through 7 holes and hit the fwy and green I regulation on #8. Stuck it to 10 ft and 3 putted for bogey. I couldn't get it out of my head and my game went to crap on the back 9. Needless to say, the back 9 ate me for breakfast, lol. Either way had a great time and would highly recommend this place for anyone in the area.
IMG-20200702-WA0000.jpeg20200702_070911.jpg

I finally broke 90 on my home course. I was cruising for a good while then made things interesting on the last two holes. Ended up with an 89 though. I felt like I was scrambling all day and it seemed like my wedges saved me hole after hole.
Screenshot_20200702-132722.png

48-42. Frustrating round due to the 25+ mph winds. The one easy hole I topped the ball. 😕 Oh well, tomorrow is another day.

First under par round of 2020! 34 - 35 - 69. After struggling with my game over the past week and a half, everything came back together today. 5 birdies, 11 pars and 2 bogeys. One of the birdies was a 3 inch tap in on a par 3...

Played 18 holes at Marengo Ridge this afternoon. My playing partner was @Steve2100. He is one awesome dude, and not a bad golfer considering he only 57. He was kind enough to play with an old fart like me. Anyway we had great time, the course was in great shape, it was hot out, it all adds up to a great golfing day. I managed to shoot an 88 today. I reversed my trend which had been developing recently. My front nine was good and the back nine not so good. 42/46 =88. I'll let @Steve2100 mention what he shot if he's a mind to. A shot of the 1st tee from the course.

The first one is looking done the 1st hole from the tee box.

20200702_153557.jpg

The second one is a pic of the two of us in the clubhouse after we got finished playing. Just so you know the fellow on the left in the picture is the young incredibly hansome fellow is @Steve2100, the old fart on the right is me. :LOL:

20200702_152208.jpg

I really think I was playing along side Craig Stadler the way he was striking it!:cool:

I really think I was playing along side Craig Stadler the way he was striking it!:cool:

Hopefully, Craig Stadler doesn't read the comments on this forum, or he'd be looking for me. :laughing:

42/33 :rolleyes:

38/38

I would have shot a 56 except for those 39 putts! I might start putting with my TourEdge exs 220. Which I’m growing very fond of!

38/40 for 78. Weird round. Hit the tee ball really well, irons were mediocre, and burned edges all day with the putter.

41 today for my quick walk 9... Only one double which left four bogeys... Gotta clean up some approach shots and we should be all good.

46/net 32 tonight at league. That makes four weeks in a row where I've shot at least 3 under my handicap.

Would have probably been lower except for a couple of duffed shots on one hole and an ugly three-putt on the last hole after getting there in regulation.

Irons are hitting on all cylinders and I am about ready to believe that switching to the Z-Star XV this season has made a difference too.

94 today
That includes
3 penalties
5 Fat wedges from within 100 yards
5 chip shots around the green that required an extra shot
3 - 3 putts
11 out of 14 fairways hit
4 for 4 par 3 greens hit.

take out the stupid shots I should have been in the mid 80’s.
I hate this game..... but I just can’t stop

Back