What did you shoot today?

20200625_130433.jpg

Well, under par streak, done. Rounds with a birdie streak, done. I kind of figured on not playing great with the super sore body and travel fatigue, but I did NOT expect it to be because I couldn't hit a fairway. I was in trouble on what felt like every tee, and they were pretty open fairways!! Lol The forged tecs made a decent showing from trouble on their last round with me, but that was kinda crazy. None of us could buy a putt. They were slower than usual for the course I guess, and we were all struggling on the greens. I nearly duffed my approach on the 1st with my ball sitting up in the fluff, and another one later the for the same reason. Fluffy *ss bunkers, too! And wet everything else. Lots of fun and failure. Felt good.

42/42 = 84(+11) personal best. I could not hit a clean shot with my irons but managed to get away with it and score somehow.

b2122a41be135dbb4acb3da7d81de720.jpg
e5495ec72bf7207a433f645da24d03e0.jpg

Last edited:
42/42 = 84(+11) personal best.

I could not hit a clean shot with my irons but managed to get away with it and score somehow.
b2122a41be135dbb4acb3da7d81de720.jpg
e5495ec72bf7207a433f645da24d03e0.jpg

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk
Congrats!!

36/41 today on a par 71. 2 bogeys 2 birdies (both shorter par 5s) on the front. Back was a bad double and more bogeys with a birdie on a par 5 again on the back. Short game was good today putter wasn’t, greens kind of stunk

I played yesterday and after my collapse at TPC Scottsdale it was a better round. Shot 39/36 75 at Southern Dunes. I went out to see if my old Epic in the garage could keep up with the Ping G410 in the bag so I started with the Epic an Tensei Blue shaft and was not happy at all with my distance. It was still in play but a bit of work. I then swapped the Tensei Blue with a HZRDUS Red and again it was a lot of work to get the ball where I expected it. So all that being said with the Epic I had a birdie (driver hole), a double (par 3), and 2 bogies (1 par 3 and 1 driver hole). The driver didn't really hurt me as I finished +3 on the front. Then on the 10th I pull my Ping out, with Even Flow Black, and put one out 280 and straight. Beautiful. I played the back with the Ping and had 2 birdies, helped with great drives, and 2 bogies. I guess I will stick with the Ping.

It was my PB but I also can't post in my handicap as I guess I had 16 clubs in my bag so I should add 36 strokes to the score then post. Sandbagger logic. :ROFLMAO:

One of my best ball-striking days this year which gave me four two-putt birdies all on par 5's and one other birdie on the 16th hole for a 4 under 69. I hit 100% of the fairways and only missed 3 GIR. We played as a fivesome with 3 of my best buddies and my 14-year-old daughter had her best round of the season as well which made it a perfect day.

Last edited:
47-41 on a into your face wind all round. It seemed like it was constantly knocking the ball out of the air. Of course there was a few at our back as well, many of those being par 3’s. I was so so with driver today at 50 FIR and only one GIR. Chipping was good for the most part but did have a few brain fart holes. 18 is a par 5 I was 40 yards from the pin and sitting 2 and finished with a bogey. First chip went 20 yards, second went 30. Grrrrr! Try again tomorrow. Highlight drive of 316 on hole 3 with the tail wind, approach shot to 5 ft and I missed right for par.

Played with 4 of my HS girls from 5400, went 34/34 with a 3U off the tee, was fun.

More importantly my girls went 82, 84, 85, 88 👀

37 - 38 - 75. 2 birdies, 11 pars and 5 bogeys.

It wasn't today but Saturday I tied my PB front 9 of 35 to shoot E.

I believe @JB is still a Member there but this is definitely the course to be a Member at. Fox Hollow was in pristine condition, from the chipping area to the putting green to the range. Birdies on 1-7-9 and I was Even Par. Then choked on the Back 9 shooting 45 for an 80. A very bitter 80 after shooting 35, if you shoot 35, you have to break 80.

A course I will definitely go back to and there is a Golf tournament there in August that I plan to enter if all goes well. Excellent golf course.

I believe @JB is still a Member there but this is definitely the course to be a Member at. Fox Hollow was in pristine condition, from the chipping area to the putting green to the range. Birdies on 1-7-9 and I was Even Par. Then choked on the Back 9 shooting 45 for an 80. A very bitter 80 after shooting 35, if you shoot 35, you have to break 80.

A course I will definitely go back to and there is a Golf tournament there in August that I plan to enter if all goes well. Excellent golf course.

Nice shooting, a couple of tough scoring holes on that front side. I really like the pace they get on those greens in the cooler months.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nice shooting, a couple of tough scoring holes on that front side. I really like the pace they get on those greens in the cooler months.

No doubt. The pins were in tough locations, 3 birdies for me in a round is unheard of much less 3 times on the front 9. Just one of those stretches where tee game, approach game, chipping, and putting was on. Very far and few between so it was nice.

The greens were quick enough Saturday, in the cooler months I'm probably looking at some 3 putts hah. We had one guy in our group have a 4 putt double on 6 hah.

No doubt. The pins were in tough locations, 3 birdies for me in a round is unheard of much less 3 times on the front 9. Just one of those stretches where tee game, approach game, chipping, and putting was on. Very far and few between so it was nice.

The greens were quick enough Saturday, in the cooler months I'm probably looking at some 3 putts hah. We had one guy in our group have a 4 putt double on 6 hah.

well played

If you get on the wrong side of the hole on 6 I could see a 4-putt easily happening

well played

If you get on the wrong side of the hole on 6 I could see a 4-putt easily happening

Hahaha so true. The pin was top left, over the bunker. We were both 175-180 out. I was on the left side of the fairway he was in the middle. He hit his 7iron and landed right part of the green. I hit 5iron and also landed right part of the green but about 2 feet in front of him. He hit his putt and it didn't get over the slope and it slid down the left away from the cup. I jammed my putt right to make sure I cleared the hill and made my 6 footer for Par. Then I saw him walk off with Double.

I was never a member of Fox Hollow.

I was never a member of Fox Hollow.
My bad I thought you were a member there. Either way, if you have a chance to get out there go play it. Just aerated a month ago and the conditions are perfect.

Played a new course today.
started par-par-par-bogey. +1 after 4 holes!
Finished with ready for it......101! +29😡
Played holes 5-14 at +28. After the first 4 holes I just lost my swing and began to press and it got worse.
terrible! Feeling very demoralized - my worst round in 3 years, and that’s after my last 3 rounds were awesome. 1593130445881.png

Man I had it going this afternoon until...that massive thunderstorm ended the round short. Thru 8 I was sitting at 34 with a easy par 3 left. Ugh!!!!

putter was on fire!!!

I had a miserable scoring round of golf. Shot a 94, and I was quite greatfull to the golf gods for showing that much pity on me.

Started off bad, continued bad, and finished up bad. I just may have been the worst golfer on the course for that 3.5 hours.

Fat shots were the biggest problem. My wedge game was lost some where in some other zip code.

Luckily I was playing with a couple friends, who knew this was that kind of round we all have nightmares about. That, and it was better me than them.

Nothing worked. I had no swing tempo, timing, balance, or anything else that makes up a decent swing.

My "Heavy Putter" actually felt heavy for all 39 putts.

Just couldn't get my swing muscles to loosen up.

The bright spot was my credit card wasn't declined at the post round 19th hole visit.

Most likely the problem was caused by a chore I took care of the evening before. I hand mixed, and placed 1.4 yards of Quickcrete. I may have over did it. :)

90 today. With a sore back, but it was my best score in the past 12 months. The practice on my short game I did on Tuesday bailed me out and I managed a 43 on the back 9. One thing... I ditched the OL GW for the standard length F9 GW and it's made a huge difference.

My playing partners were no shows, so I went out as a single. :( And the group in front of me felt I was "pressuring" them.... so wanted me to play through after I triple bogeyed the 5th hole. You can't imagine the pressure on that par 3. But I dropped my tee shot on the green and barely missed my birdie putt and walked off with a tap in par. I played slow today, too. I'll admit it. It took me 4:15 to finish. Once I got two open holes between me and the group behind I had an open course. There was no one on the back 9. And on the back 9 I had 3 open holes between me and the group behind. So I took my sweet time and enjoyed the sunshine. :D I was tempted to play two or three balls, but nah, whatever. My back wasn't feeling good. One was enough. In fact, even at my glacial pace I caught up to another group. I probably had time to pull up under a tree and take a nap.

Highlights:
1. Course management. Three lousy shots and a putt can make par. If you miss the putt you get a bogey.
2. I learned you don't have to take relief from the cart path. Sometimes it's better to take the shot. The NPR would've put me directly behind a tree. So I took the shot and was on the fringe chipping for eagle. My 6i shows a minor battle scar... I think it'll rub out. I made the birdie putt.
3. I had to hit a provisional ball because I sliced my drive really bad on the 11th hole. I lost the provisional in the same place, but found the original shot. Someone will get a brand new ProV1 but will be too afraid to pick it up because of COVID.
4. I can slice with a Mavrik Max like a sharp knife slicing tomatoes.
5. It was on the 11th hole that I decided my back was too sore to swing a driver the rest of the day.

I had:
FIRS: 2 :ROFLMAO:
GIRS: 7
Putts: 37
Pars: 6
Birdies: 1
Out: 47
In: 43

Not bad for a hack.

Walked 27 today. 40/42/39. Bit tired today since I walked 27 yesterday too. Walking 36 on Friday, Saturday & Sunday. "Training" to walk 72 next Friday. Let's do this!!!!!

I had a miserable scoring round of golf. Shot a 94, and I was quite greatfull to the golf gods for showing that much pity on me.

Started off bad, continued bad, and finished up bad. I just may have been the worst golfer on the course for that 3.5 hours.

Fat shots were the biggest problem. My wedge game was lost some where in some other zip code.

Luckily I was playing with a couple friends, who knew this was that kind of round we all have nightmares about. That, and it was better me than them.

Nothing worked. I had no swing tempo, timing, balance, or anything else that makes up a decent swing.

My "Heavy Putter" actually felt heavy for all 39 putts.

Just couldn't get my swing muscles to loosen up.

The bright spot was my credit card wasn't declined at the post round 19th hole visit.

Most likely the problem was caused by a chore I took care of the evening before. I hand mixed, and placed 1.4 yards of Quickcrete. I may have over did it. :)
There are reasons why you don't see many guys that do heavy labor on the course, beyond time and money. It's tough to manage the physical side. At least the concrete is done and drinks flowed!

90 at Pacific followed by 82 in 40 mph winds at Sheep Ranch

34 (-1) this morning

Started with an eagle 2, 2 bogeys, 1 birdie and 4 pars

Back