What did you shoot today?

20200706_134114.jpg

Interesting municipal. Really good greens and sand, level boxes, and a fun layout. Over the hills and through the woods if you will. Couple mistakes early on, then got it together but burned edges mostly, so kept chipping away until it came together for a good finish. Still not honed back in on all my Apex distances, and think I have a gap issue at the 7, but loving having these irons back in my hands. Feel like I can attack anything inside of 170.

The most satisfying round in quite a while. Pressed for time and rain clouds everywhere. I snuck in 9 holes at Lederach from the blacks. Its a long course at over 7000. On in regulation and close on the first three holes and no birdies.
So I figure here we go.. i started to press and missed a few green but i was making great up and downs and great putts as well.
Shot even par. I so wanted to keep going but there were Thunder clouds everywhere.
So so satisfying.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

86-47/39 Struggled big time with the driver today on the front 9. Just did not feel that sync and rhythm feeling the entire round. My recovery shots kept me in the game and chipping and putting was really good.

Wife and I had the toughest time finding balls I hit today and cost me some strokes. Grass was thick and not mowed low enough and we just couldn't find some balls that we knew exactly the area they fell in. On the back 9 I picked the pace up some and hit some better shots.

It was stinking nasty humid - felt like 100 degrees. My shirt was soaked about mid-way of the front 9. It was still great to be out there though - soaked in sweat or not. :cool:

Played 2 man scramble yesterday. 8 under and pars on the last 5 holes proved to not be enough for the money. Hit the ball awesome for not playing in over a week.

45/47 for a 92. Ugh. A 20-golfer league went off right before our tee time, so we jumped out to start at hole #4 to get ahead of them and avoid an agonizing 5 hour round in the heat. The driving range was closed for maintenance, so we went off cold on a par 5, it started bad and got worse from there. Had a few moments of brilliance, but they were bracketed by an overwhelming amount of sheer idiocy, just didn't have it going on today. 6 penalty strokes (including 2 on one hole), 4 lost balls, I was spraying it all over the place. 1 birdie, 3 pars, 8 bogies, 5 doubles and a triple. Ugh.

43/38 81 in a tournament on the weekend.
Really struggling to score right now...mostly just hanging on for dear life.

My game's regressed this year so today's season low, 74, was quite welcomed.

But when is a 74 not so great?

When you have 5 birdies yet still finish +2.

The leaked strokes don't bother me because I'm still finding my swing. But, man... the birds were tons of fun!!

Two of them were lucky, though. One a 25' big breaking putt, the other a hole-out from a greenside bunker where the rollout also broke a good sum. The others were standard putts, each inside of 12'.

43/38 81 in a tournament on the weekend.
Really struggling to score right now...mostly just hanging on for dear life.
Thats not like you at all. I hope you get your game sorted out.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

45/47 for a 92. Ugh. A 20-golfer league went off right before our tee time, so we jumped out to start at hole #4 to get ahead of them and avoid an agonizing 5 hour round in the heat. The driving range was closed for maintenance, so we went off cold on a par 5, it started bad and got worse from there. Had a few moments of brilliance, but they were bracketed by an overwhelming amount of sheer idiocy, just didn't have it going on today. 6 penalty strokes (including 2 on one hole), 4 lost balls, I was spraying it all over the place. 1 birdie, 3 pars, 8 bogies, 5 doubles and a triple. Ugh.
I would still be happy with that score, but I totally hate those days when things get worse. I am often strongest on the back 9, but when that goes south something is up. Makes you feel like you just need to get in the car and go home.

I remember playing a fairly decent game and for some crazy reason on hole 15 my brain went space cadet and I struggled on 15, 15, 17 all the way to 18 and on 18 I got a decent shot. When that happens I do everything I can to regain fundamentals, but for some reason even fundamentals evades me. In my case, I blame it on age and gravity :ROFLMAO:

Got out for an evening 9, shot 39 with 2 birdies.

Last edited:
38 - 39 = 77
30 putts with a 4 putt
6/14 FIR
10/18 GIR
2 birdies 2 doubles

Put a new 58 wedge into play. The grooves on the old one were so much worse then I thought. Nice to get pitch shots to check up fast and not play tons of roll out from the rough.

39, had a few bad holes, but other than that not too bad. Hit the driver well, just didn't hit any fairways. That being said, I really hate triples on par 3's, lol

1594135117930.png

41+45=86 (+14) with a double and a triple on the back. No birdies.

It was a heck of a Round today. Playing the whites, @6350 yards. 74 (PB from that distance), with 12FIR, 12GIR (PB), 32 putts. Within 9 strokes of my age (PB). I felt like the priest in caddy shack. ROLMAO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

37 after work last night, Started out with a double bogie on a pretty easy hole. But other than not hitting any fairways 0/6, had a decent round. Really liking the Garming s62 watch! It keeps lots of stats and shows me the areas I need to improve or work on. And between that and my laser, I can actually make a decision, :D.
Thought I got a hole in one on the 212 yard par 3 ninth, but I was about three feet behind the pin. Ah well, will get one sooner or later.

1594218336497.png

20200708_134519.jpg

The back was the front and vice versa because thegrint was having issues on the first 9 so I had to use 18birdies and fill grint in later.
Got the driver sorted out going back to my regular configuration and hit some bombs the few holes I used it. The new 3W was all over the place in limited use and put me in the trees twice, and the Honmas Rose Protos... oh boy. Why no one convinced me to get a set like this before now I'll never understand. I hit 4 full approach shots to less than 2 feet, and a bunch of other beauties. I don't have all the yardages down just yet, but played well greenside and from bunkers when I had it wrong. One chip in, too. Just dialed in with my iron swing like I never imagined. Pretty sure I was never more than 30 feet away after approach, even in the sand. Buuut, the best part of the day was that the wife played great!!

20200708_134420.jpg

So close to breaking 100!! I think it's only her 4th time playing a full 18 and she got in a groove off the tee and inside of 50. She couldn't stop smiling, and I loved every minute of it.

Last edited:
49-47. Riding the struggle bus the past few rounds. Diver was actually one of my better days. Iron play was way off. I guess that the way it goes when working on ones swing. 😕 We shall give it a better effort tomorrow. I did chip one in from 45 yards for birdie.

44/43 = 87. Statistically it was a decent round for me - 9/12 FW, 5/18 GIR, 30 putts - but I missed several birdie opportunities and overall wasn't that pleased with my play. Hit some bad shots that turned out good, had to keep reminding myself that there's no photos or videos on the scorecard. It was a slooowwww round, course was packed with early golfers and we did a lot of sitting around and waiting. Took us 4:16 as a twosome, which is excruciatingly long considering that we can usually get around an open course in about 2:45 - 2:50.

Last edited:
After being 5 over after 6 holes, I finished at 5 over. 34(-1) on the back. It took me a while to dial the driver in. The back it was on cruise control!

83 on a par 73 course. Not thrilled with the round. I had 2 doubles, 3 three putts and at 3 times I didn't get up and down from the fringe which is very rare for me. Overall I was pretty happy with my ball striking but my short game and putting was junk.

Shot an 80 today (par 72 course) and was bummed. I had some great approach shots (less than 10 ft) on several holes but didn't convert. Gotta keep on trying.

View attachment 8952180

Interesting municipal. Really good greens and sand, level boxes, and a fun layout. Over the hills and through the woods if you will. Couple mistakes early on, then got it together but burned edges mostly, so kept chipping away until it came together for a good finish. Still not honed back in on all my Apex distances, and think I have a gap issue at the 7, but loving having these irons back in my hands. Feel like I can attack anything inside of 170.

That’s some fine golf!

One over 37 this evening, playing 9 on one of the more difficult courses in my area. Really pleased.

52 on 9. I thought it was going to be 60 before I added it up. Dissapointing after 4-5 rounds of 45-46 is golf with two under 40 (on a par 31) sprinkled in on 9 and 2 in a row breaking 100 on 18. Thought I was turning the corner.

Oh man, adding insult to injury I remember that I dinged my heavenwood on what I thought was a good safe lie with no roots anywhere near me.

Back