What did you shoot today?

Had a great round yesterday where everything seemed to just work. Tee game was on point where I only missed a few fairways. Irons were laser like & seemed to be always online. Short game (chipping) was fantastic & putting was on fire. Unfortunately I had a few holes that kept this round from being absolutely fantastic...two double bogeys. Felt I left a few shots out there as I bogeyed 3 of the 4 (Par 5's). Ended up shooting 40/40 with 12 pars, 4 bogeys & 2 double bogeys.

Shot an awful 87 today. :( 45-42. Started out with 3 doubles and I think 7-3putts today. All around

A very strange even par after being 3 over on the front with birdie or eagle putts on the first 8 holes. I did a dumb thing and put a milled face putter in play without more than a minute with it on the practice green. I three-putted the first green for par after knocking it on from 236. I four-putted #2 by hitting my first putt off the back of the green down a steep slope leaving me a 45-foot second "putt". I missed a 26" birdie putt on the 4th hole and finished the front nine with two doubles and 21 putts, lol. I swapped the putter out on the 10th hole and made 4 birdie putts for a 3 under backside. My ball-striking has been outstanding for the last two weeks and I might permanently retire that putter. :)

42-41 for 83 and a new PB. No birdies today but I drove the ball really well and was hitting my iron good. Putting was online. Unfortunately I blew up on a Par 3 and scored a 6 otherwise it could have been really nice. After yesterday 97 today was much more fun. :ROFLMAO:

45 and didn't hit a single green in regulation. Pretty disappointing 9 holes of golf.

75. 39/36. Hit the ball pretty well but made a few unforced errors. Game is in a pretty good spot right now though.

38 - 36 - 74. 2 birdies, 12 pars and 4 bogeys. Tee game was not great but irons and wedges were solid.

Shot a 38-39-77. Did pretty well considering I had 3 doubles. Birdies do help offset those :).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kinda somewhat back...
Shot 44-41 = 85
Missed a 3 footer on 18 for the win!
Argh! Tied the match due to the short miss
Over all good day 1 penalty 2 - 3 putts.
still not 100% on this 2 ball stroke lab.

49 today at league night (net 35). I wasn't feeling great so I was out of sync. Managed to birdie the difficult 1st hole by sticking the approach to 7 feet from 170ish yards out and draining the putt. It was a rough ride from there though. Made some good putts.

That's up from the last couple of weeks but I'm now at 5 weeks in a row carding a number in the 40's for 9 holes.

38 / 46 / 84 - One of the worse back nines I have played in a while. Only hit 2 fairways and 1 green in regulation on the back.

Did chip well and 27 is the lowest number of putts I have ever had so at least there are a few positives.

Attachments

• 2020-07-09_20-42-10.png
    2020-07-09_20-42-10.png
    23.5 KB · Views: 7
11 over the back 9 :cautious:

Had a little date night with the wife tonight on the golf course. I birdied 2-4 and then eagled 9 to shoot 32 on the front. Struggled a little on the back and shot 39. 1 under for the round.
472C76AC-6BFA-4319-9702-BE706F1ECC3D.jpeg
Had this kick in on a par 3. Maybe a hole in one is still in my future.

Was out twice yesterday. Played with a guy from work. 41+50: 91. That was my best 9 holes on a par 36 nine. Followed that with a 48 on a par 35 9 hole. Oh the tale of three cities er 9's.

20200710_131650.jpg
Her

20200710_131443.jpg
Me

Exhausting. If you're reading this babe, I love ya, but you're a lot of work.

I was a little off and managing the wife not playing as well on a very busy course was not easy. And her and I have a lot to work on with golf decorum and distractions. I tried to buckle down around the greens, and had some really good (and lucky) par saves, but that was the grindiest round I've had in a while. I've played much worse in that time, but didn't have to work that hard to do it! Lol

44/42 for an 86. Drove it well. Short game was good. Iron play is still a struggle

45/41 for an 86. Shaky start - we went off with no warmup and rushed to the first tee, was +6 after the first 4 holes (double, bogey, bogey, double), then started settling down a bit and ended up +8 for the front. I was +2 for the back nine coming into #16, where I promptly destroyed it with a triple. Finished bogey/par to end up +6 on the back. 5/12 FW, 6/18 GIR, 32 putts. MUCH faster than Wednesday, finished in 3:02 playing a threesome.

Shot of the day was on #10 - I hit a weak drive and had 203 to the pin for my second shot (par 4). Hit a 5 hybrid (downhill to a back pin with a lot of roll across the green) to 3 feet and sunk the birdie putt.

71 (+1)

Im not happy, 2 birdies, 1 bogey, 1 double and the rest pars

Left so many birdie putts one roll short

Could have been so much better

Untitled.jpg

44-41 for a tough 85 today. That’s actually below my HC but I didn’t chip or putt worth a darn today. Third walking 18 in a row and I really hit a wall today. However there was some good as well. The driver is getting ridiculous. Had drives of 312, 295, and a 318 with most others between 245 and 270. My misses were all but 1 pulled left. I got a new shaft which should stop the left miss. This from a guy that was a slicer 3 months ago. Now to rest up for next week.

Started off a little shaky, but turned it around! Putter was the weakest link today. Had I got her to cooperate...
IMG_20200710_131102.jpg

81 (39/42) roller coaster round. Skins game, won $80. 3 birdies, 8 pars, 3 bogeys, 3 doubles, and a triple. 10/18 GIR, 32 putts.

Notable game elements:
  • 32 putts with 2 3-putt bogies on the 2nd and 3rd holes. Greens were very fast, and I had long 30-40 foot utts that zipped by about 10 feet on each. After that, I putted very well. 6 1-putts. New putter is a keeper.
  • Working on a swing change. I shortened my backswing and added what feels like a mini pause at the transition. Other than 3 terrible shots that resulted in penalties, I hit very good shots. This is one of the better swing adjustments I have made. It's a keeper too.

36 - 39 - 75. Ball striking completely left me at the turn but fortunately my short game didn't. 3 birdies, 9 pars and 6 bogeys.

First golf of the year. First golf since September of last year. Two range sessions in prior to this in the past 2 weeks, time to get out there.

Playing at a course that had some pretty crazy flood damage maybe 2 weeks ago. Fairways and greens underwater, getting pounded with more rain ever day.
Things have started to dry out, and hopefully soon they will be back to full 18. Today though, we played the "Dry Nine". 3 holes on the front half of the course, 6 holes on the back. 2 or the 3 hardest holes on the course included in that nine.

We went for 18 holes, playing the dry 9 twice.

First 9. 2 over par for a 37. Two bogeys to start the round, followed by four pars, two birdies, and a double bogey to close out the "front"
Second 9. 6 over par for a 41. 5 bogeys, one double bogey, one par, and one birdie.

Total for the day? 8 over par for a 78.

Takeaways from the day?
First off, being able to hit a 5 or 6 iron successfully completely changes the way I get around the course. Fixed a swing issue last year during a lesson, and the results are still there. Solid solid long iron ball striking today. Being on the fringe on a par 5 in 2 shots? Yeah that helps the score in the end.

The 100 putt challenge (that I bailed on after about a week) really really helped. I wasn't searching for a stroke. I had my routine, I got over the ball, and I made some putts.

Iron distances are back up again after the swing fix. Hitting approach shots into greens with proper trajectory is exciting.

I need to hit my driver more. A couple times I pulled an iron off the tee trying to play safe, and ended up with poor shots. Playing partner gave me heck saying I should just hit driver because it ends up in the fairway lol.

Until I am allowed out of the house for the next round again, happy hacking!!!

Got to play Tobacco Road yesterday and shot a nice little 40-41 = 81. 3 birdies total and honestly should have easily shot 77-78 if not for a couple of just dumb holes!!!

Back