What did you shoot today?

Played last night. Started a 1845 and just hoped to get 9 in.

I played an old school PInnacle Gold LS as part of the MGS Hard Rock Challenge. That thing was stupid on/around the greens. I couldn't putt to save my life with it. The sound wasn't as bad as I'd anticipated. I guess the insert of the SL putter toned it down a bit compared to the milled putters I used in the past, but distance control was not there.

Anyway, I shot a 49 with zero 1 putts, one 3 putt, and one 4 putt. It was ugly. Still had some light left after nine so I jumped on the back and switched to my gamer Srixon Z Star XV. I only got 4 holes in before I couldn't see anything, but I went par, par, bogey (3 putt from 60' in very low light), and birdie. Even for 4 holes on the back after the shytshow on front made me happy.

45/37=82 PB, and I couldn't putt for my life! I have gained about 40 yards on my drives and actually manage to keep them pretty straight though which does make the game a tiny bit easier...
5ced890bc905f3fa72da75bff5a9a80e.jpg

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

3 over through 5 holes. Shorter course, driver and wedges worked well enough to get 2 birdies to make up for really poor iron play (at the point of shanking them now). Took 2.5 hours and the Marshals were in the clubhouse because it is "hot" outside. I left

One for the books today my friends!!!

PERSONAL BEST ALERT!!!!

37-42

The 2 over front was the best 9 I’ve ever had honestly. No warm up (no range - I gotta stop picking these courses ) so that’s as even more surprising. I slipped up a bit in the back with some bad chips leaving the ball in the rough green side. Fatigue set in a little as it was 95 degrees today. Also found all the fairway bunkers on the back

Beat my dad for the 2nd time this season and 3rd time ever in 20+ years of playing together. He might not ask me to play anymore

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
40/41=81 71.3/132 par 72. FIR=11/14 GIR= 8/18 Putts 33 with 2 three putts on the opening two holes. :banghead:
Driver felt really good today and comfortable with the new settings. Irons where good at times but had a few pulls. The short game around the green was great. Happy with the putter for the most part, it was inconsistent greens that where bad today and all 4 of us where complaining about them.

3 club + putter challenge from the forward tee's just for giggles. 5, 9 and sand wedge, shot 6 over, happy with that.

Than back out for 13 more holes from my regular tee-box, no driver just maxed out with a 5 wood for the none par 3 holes and seven over, happy with that too.

Happy camper today as I'm starting to put 4 or 5 good rounds in at a time, not just 1 or 2 :cool:

39 - 39 - 78. Played well on 10 holes and not so much on the other 8. Had 4 straight bogey streaks on each 9. 2 birdies, 8 pars and 8 bogeys.

44/45 for an 89. It's very, very hard to score well when you're 3 off the tee on five of eighteen holes. I'm not sure why, but I was hitting snap hooks off the tee until I figured out I had the ball too far back in my stance. I moved it forward and hit it a bit better, but still managed to throw strokes away.

I'm going to have to call my fitter tomorrow and ask him why he shortened my irons by 1/2" - I hit more balls in the forehead today than I had putts, and I had a lot of putts.:eek:

41-44 for 85 form 6650 tees today. We played a combo set and that added about 250 yards or so. Played 18 form the back tees for fun. 3 bad tee shots cost me a bit but i am happy with the round.

Shot a 37-39-76 with a 3 putt bogie. Almost holed out a 135 yard shot for an eagle 2. Had to settle for a birdie. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I shot on unofficial 80 yesterday in my home course skins game. 39, 41. I had one birdie and 1 double. The reason I say it is an official is because our skins game rule is we get to roll the ball in the fairway. My good T shot came to rest in a divot on one of the holes and I moved it out to give myself a good lie. On a couple other occasions I rolled the ball to a perfect lie in the fairway. 1 other hole just off the green in a particular bad hardpan area they gave me relief and allowed me to place my ball on some grass. At least 2 of my bogey putts that didn't mean anything in the skins game were conceded, they were between 2 and 3' long.

I shot 95 yesterday. Could not putt to save my life, having chances at 3 birdies and three putting them all. I'm being patient because I just picked the game up again after a long layoff, and this was only my second round since my return. I hit enough good shots and hit enough fairways off the tee to be happy. I ran out of gas a bit towards the end. Very hot, very humid, and no breeze to speak of.

but I am sucking less

That's what she said.

Ooops, I mean, that's what matters. Just keep hacking away and you'll improve. Sometimes the steps are small and sometimes they're large. Just take them as they come and enjoy the process.

I shot on unofficial 80 yesterday in my home course skins game. 39, 41. I had one birdie and 1 double. The reason I say it is an official is because our skins game rule is we get to roll the ball in the fairway. My good T shot came to rest in a divot on one of the holes and I moved it out to give myself a good lie. On a couple other occasions I rolled the ball to a perfect lie in the fairway. 1 other hole just off the green in a particular bad hardpan area they gave me relief and allowed me to place my ball on some grass. At least 2 of my bogey putts that didn't mean anything in the skins game were conceded, they were between 2 and 3' long.

I wouldn't call that unofficial. You were playing by the local/tournament rules. Sounds legit to me. My only change to that rule would be to drop the ball within 1 club length, 1 foot, one yard, or whatever measurement. Rolling the ball around does get me a little, but, hey, if that's what the committee wants, then that's what the committee gets.

Buzzed around for a quick 9 this morning in 1:06, shot a PB -2 34. Shot Scope worked great and picked up every shot and really starting to groove with the 919Fs ! Thank you THP and @JB !

41 on Friday night. Was a little different round for me. Driver was a little off/unlucky. In fairway bunker on #1, came up short then 2 putted for bogey. Hit a fat 6i on #2 but was able to hit a HW pin high on approach just left of the green & another 2 putt bogey.

Hit three great tee shots on the three par 3's but couldnt get a birdie to drop. Settled for 3 par's. Hooked a drive into the tall weeds on #4. It was hit well just overcooked it a bit... recovered for a bogey 6.

Have been going into a pond on the short par 4 #6 a couple times so decided to hit 4w. Pulled it a little left and found a bird's nest in the rough. Came up short from that lie, then went a little long after hitting the 3rd shot pin high, guess it rolled out, 2 putt bogey.

Had a 3 shot lead on my partner going into 8 and declared "IF - I can put two tee balls in play, I got you tonight..." Not exactly bold but he turned to my wife and his gf and said ""He shouldnt have said that..." Well, I found another bunker on 8 but was 30 yards past him. Tried to hit a 4w out of the hardpacked sand and caught the lip. It was probably my worst swing all day, unbalanced and probably tried to lift it rather than let the loft do its job. It would have sliced into the weeds but catching the lip it popped straight up spinning to the right and still ended up a foot or 2 from the tall grass. Hit 4w again and caught it flush, running it right up the driveway between bunkers leaving little chip into the deep pin. Came up 15 feet short but drained the uphill putt on the tough par 5. When my partner missed his par putt I was pretty confident on victory.

Hit my best drive of the night on #9, hit PW from the downhill lie a little deep and 3 putted for bogey. The greens were pretty chewed up from a full day's play and some of the cups seemed to have been lifted when cut to the point balls broke away instead of dying into the cup. So a 41 on a night when my strength was average but my irons were really good. Avoided chipping from the rough except on 2 which has been my biggest weakness.

If I can play like that and make a few more putts (two really should have dropped, one came in the high side and just sat on the lip, another broke towards the hole then away in the final 6") I'll be pretty happy.

Last edited:
40-48 yesterday in a trophy competition at my home club

Started a bit rough with a bogey on the first and a double on the third hole, but pulled it back to be 1 under mty handicap for the front 9
Back 9 was going pretty steady until I got to the 17th, when I hit a good tee shot to the corner of the dogleg, with 200yds to the middle fo the green into the wind, so I pulled my 4i, struck it solidly, but managed to turn it over left slightly towards the OB and I watched it bounce off the side of the bunker and straight through the hedge (or so I thought)
I dropped another ball, took a 5i and put this one just short of the front of the green

However, on getting to the green, my ball was visible under the brambles, but still in play, but with it not being possible to take an unplayable drop (there was nowhere I could drop that wasn't nearer the hole) I had to take a number of swipes to try and get the ball out from under the hedge....7 swipes to be exact as a couple times it hit branches/roots and bounced back under the hedge

Eventually, after much muttering and cursing to myself and shredding my arm on the brambles, it popped out on to the green and I sank the putt for a 10

Final hole, finished with a par, for a final score of +6 over my handicap, and you can guess where those 6 shots were lost.....

To ease the pain slightly, the winning score was a nett -11, so I would have had zero chance of getting anywhere near that anyway, but it still hurts (especially my arm)

in the heat yesterday had a 46 on the front which included a quad bogey 8 (lost two balls one on too long of drive into water, next on too long of 9 (should of stuck with PW) into parking lot, luckily did not hit any cars) and a triple bogey on next hole. Back nine was less eventful with a 42. So a decent 88. Chipping an putting kinda sucked especially on front 9 greens were fast, Getting there i think

Last edited:
40/43 for an 83. Went out solo, finished in 2:20 - and that was dragging my feet just a bit so I didn't catch the twosome in front of me. Fun start - missed a GIR on #1, then chipped in from the rough to save par. Par'd the first 5 holes and 6 of the front 9, with an additional birdie on #8. 5/12 FIR, 6/18 GIR, 27 putts.

I was putting pretty well today - 1 three-putt, 6 one-putts (2 zero-putts didn't hurt my total either). Driver was so-so, FW/irons were tolerable to decent, short game was mostly good. I don't play solo often, but it was an enjoyable morning - course wasn't crowded so it was just me, some soft/mellow music, a cigar and great golf weather (it was around 90° when I teed off at 0645, 101° when I finished).

9 holes this morning

33 (-2)
3 birdies and 1 bogey

Why can't I do this in a competition round eludes me
that's some good golf, but I think what plagues you is what plagues every golfer and that's pressure. In competition the hardest thing for me to do is to relax and just let my natural swing take over. It really is a mental game.

20200727_160442.jpg

Strange course. I'll play it again before I make any long term judgements, but I didn't love what I saw there today. Didn't get to warm up and then worried I tweaked things, so I played pretty safe for the most part. When I did go for a pin, I had the yardages a little off. Lots of long putts when on in regulation.

Missed a 10' birdie on the hardest hole on the course that's going to bug me all night.

Last edited:
Shot 44 in league tonight. If I could just get my off the tee in order I could be shoot personal bests, but that is how it is with the driver and 3 wood.

85 today. Hit some great shots out there

Back