What did you shoot today?

Shot a personal best 86! It was my first round with my new TS3 driver and, while I still need some work with it, I was much better off the tee. The biggest difference was my poor tee shots actually stayed in play instead of being slices into the next county like before. The highlight was a 20+ foot birdie putt on the front 9!

had a 38 on a par 33 course at Tewksbury CC. After the 45 there last Tuesday after work a 22 hour day sunday it was nice to get back down to better numbers. Lots of pars and a couple of bogies. I need to get that 30 yard chip/pitch much better. I am not getting under the ball and just run it long with a worm burner.

37. Only got in 9 due to rain. Was -1 through 7 then the rain started and I bogied the last 2 holes in the rain. 1 birdie, 6 pars and 2 bogeys.

On Sunday, I shot an 81 on par 72. No birdies or eagles. One double. Drove the ball well. Only one bad drive but still made par on that hole. A combination of not as solid ball striking and missing several putts could have had the score easily be 4 shots better. But, that is golf.

Played a course down in Bristol, Il this afternoon. The course is called Blackberry Oaks GC. Played with a couple of friends. The weather was great and I played fairly decent this afternoon. So all in all one great day to play golf. 46/43= 89. As usual came alive on the back nine again. ;)

Last edited:
45/45=90. Drove the ball in nearly every fairway, but my lack of distance on my irons, and inconsistent chipping and putting kept me from getting more pars. Gotta start working out these old man muscles and get some strength.

I went out tonight and just d*cked around. Got to the course at about 6:30 and skipped around the course putting myself in situations I see myself in frequently. Mostly shots from 100 yards in. I cut my wedges down a bit this week and I am feeling so much more confident with them. I am thinking about taking a little more off my 6-9 -- thoughts?

38/36=74 FIR=9/14 GIR= 6/18 Putts= 26 I didn't hit a lot of fairways but was never more than 2-3 yards off in the first cut so nothing to penal. greens where the same way and just missing or on the fringe. The chipping game around the green saved me and the Chicago was really good with 8 one putts tonight. I had 9 two putts, 8 one putts and one chip in.

42/42 = 84. 2/12 FIR, 9/18 GIR, 36 putts. Most of my fairway misses weren't that far off and left me with good lies. Putts were sketchy because they were mowing the greens - some of them were still damp and slow, then some of them were rocket fast, hard to judge putts.

37 - 37 - 74. I believe I figures out a flaw in my grip last night that had me hitting much better drives today than I had for the previous few weeks. Getting my iron ball striking back is my next hurdle. Short game was quite strong to make up for several less than perfect iron shots. 2 birdies, 12 pars and 4 bogeys.

Had a nice $$$ match with one of the top senior ams in the country. Guy who made the cut as an amateur at back-to-back U.S. Senior Opens in 2017 and 2018. He went 1-up on me by eagling the par-5 15th, and I came right back on 16 and hit my 2h from 197 to 12-feet and made birdie to square the match. We both had looks on 18 for birdie but settled for pars and a halve. Love playing with better players than me. (Usually) brings out the best in me. :)

Nice! How was the flight with the tour blue?

Actually, it was to my liking... Low/mid to me. I'm about 20yds longer in avg... Maybe a little more. Most of the par 4s on this track are 350-390...found myself with an easy PW-9i on most approach shots... A couple of the short ones, I was well inside GW...

Actually, it was to my liking... Low/mid to me. I'm about 20yds longer in avg... Maybe a little more. Most of the par 4s on this track are 350-390...found myself with an easy PW-9i on most approach shots... A couple of the short ones, I was well inside GW...
Awesome. That's what I was wondering. I played a tour green in that club and it would run well off the tee. Piercing. I'm excited for you. GBB Epics were/are great clubs. Parting with them was really hard.

Awesome. That's what I was wondering. I played a tour green in that club and it would run well off the tee. Piercing. I'm excited for you. GBB Epics were/are great clubs. Parting with them was really hard.

Yes, it does run out pretty good. Which works here... We'll see how it goes at the new course I'm playing this weekend.

Screenshot_20200729-201040_Gallery.jpg

So I had a pretty fun story today....

I show up to play my local municipality today. It’s honestly a great course for the price, and the people there are good people. However I’ve been trying not to play there as the course is only 6400 from the tips and sometimes I overpower it while not playing well because I hit it long. I took a rain check on Sunday for 9 holes there though because the other local courses were hosting outings. The course was so backed up and it was 100 out so we decided to dip after 9 as I had in laws in town. (Yipeeeeee)

Anyway as I am leaving the clubhouse after checking in I am walking down about a 12 foot hill to where the carts were located. I wasnt paying attention and stepped on some broken pavement. I proceeded to roll my ankle, and as I fell my knee landed on the broken pavement which proceeded to flip me three times as I tumbled down the remainder of the hill. Normally id be more embarrassed than anything but I didn’t care about that as I thought I broke my ankle as I heard a crack on the way down. That turned out to be my debit card that I snapped in my hand on the way down. My ankle was throbbing but my knee was much worse. The broken pavement ripped about a 3 inch portion of my skin off and my leg was covered in blood. I have love for this course but of course they didn’t have bandaids or a first aid lol. I was so embarrassed and didn’t wanna take another rain check. So I jon rambo’d it and just cut a portion of an old golf towel and tied off the cut until I could go over to a dr friends house so he could cauterize it.

Which brings me to the point of the story. Obviously my lower body was completely useless but exposed a bad part of my game. Today i hit the ball straighter than I have in 6 rounds. I shot a 41 with three 3 putts and went OB twice. I was a couple of good breaks away from firing even par. I’ve been in a funk of just always ending with a 45 or a 90 recently. Even when I’m playing well I’ve blown up and scored poorly. I was struggling to stay loose and pain free as the round went on. My adrenaline wore off and I was hurting big time. However, I have definitely learned that my lower half is the main cause of problems when the swing is going bad which I would have never figured out if I didn’t totally eat :poop:. It felt like the Jordan flue game at points lol.

Wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience when they were injured, or sick, or even blackout drunk and end up playing great golf?

Shot 91 today
On a hot and sticky day at Seaview The Pines course
44-47. Some not so good holes on the back
But.....sank a 12 footer for par on 15 to halve the match.
Could have saved maybe 6 shots throughout the round easily. Brain farts in the heat.

Back