What did you shoot today?

Considering it was a lime White Claw and Mojito fueled round I'm happy, 80 for the first time here.

PS: feeling happy too! 🤪

SKins game. No birdies. 38-49/87. Good all the way through 11 then doubles galore

Played 9 holes on one of our courses and shot 38. Par 36. Bogied 1 and 9. Got stuck behind a small tournament and switched to the other course. Shot 37 on par 35. That 9 had just had the greens aerated. Tough putting. Both were from the white tees. Was hitting it pretty good.

Skins game here but I counted every shot, holes out every hole. Started 5 over through four and shot 79 (+7). One of my birdies held up for a skin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

44/42 today paying with @MagicSpell! had a good day all around but a few bad bounces and one Three putt. Kept the ball in play well today. Had plenty of par and birdie putts but could not get them done. Enjoyed the day even in the 109 degrees!
8FEA84B1-3CB9-43CB-8777-62E3092F7877.jpeg9CE8223D-7293-4F7E-B4B2-E0F9A3CE2317.jpegB769103A-91E7-4B11-AD94-B66C5A0BB0F2.jpegD947B8B1-85FC-47FB-94DB-88AC57681375.jpeg

4 bogies and 3 birdies to shoot 73. I had 9 really good birdie looks and should have shot much better. Still happy with it.

40-40-80. It may have been the worst 80 I've shot. Putter was keeping me alive. Driver was so off tonight I had to stop hitting it

41/43-84

Should have broken 80 easily but for being a hacker.

Just as I posted my better round of 83 the other day, today I was all over the place.

Biggest reason was I could hit consistently all day. Some iron shots were long and some too short. Just didn’t get a feel today. I blame some of that on pace of play. Due to the groups in front of us, we had to wait almost every hole. Sometimes we waited upward to 10-15 mins on the tees.

Struggled a bit yesterday on a course I play once or twice a year. 39 + 40 = 79.
I was reminded yesterday that you never want to be above the hole on those greens. :(

39/42 for an 81. 9/12 FW, 5/18 GIR, 28 putts. 1 birdie, 11 pars, 3 bogeys, 2 doubles and a triple. The 58° PM Grind is magic around the greens, I had several up and downs to save par.

The two doubles and the triple all came on par 3s - one into the water, one lost ball into a waste area, and one shot pulled way up left on a hill where my second shot hit the green and rolled off down the back side, chipped up and two putted. Mid irons are my weak spot right now, I have a bad case of the pulls/pull hooks with them that I need to fix.

Skins game here but I counted every shot, holes out every hole. Started 5 over through four and shot 79 (+7). One of my birdies held up for a skin.

BTW I know every round has a shouldabeen but mine was very unusual. I had about 8’ straight down a slight slope for par. My club doesn’t allow removing the flagstick for COVID mitigation. Stroked a nice easy putt that hit the flagstick DEAD center. The ball finished 180* behind the cup.

20200810_174028.jpg

Was trying some driver swing experimentation today and made a pretty good mess if it off the tee. Left me some fun 2nds, and I did well with them. Iron play was a touch pully, but overall really good. Couldn't read or convert putts for crap. Made a 30', but missed a bunch of ones I could have had. Surprisingly good score, considering.

40/39 this morning. Even (2 birdies/2bogies) through 7....then back to back doubles on 8,9

Shot a even par 36 on the 9 I squeezed in between thunderstorms this afternoon. Luckily I made it home 2 minutes before the live studio video. 😎

Other than a double on 9 had a solid round and was able to bounce back on Sunday after a rough round on Saturday.

41 / 39 / 80 - No birdies, but I will take 11 pars

2020-08-08_19-05-12.png

Shot 42 in league tonight. Personal best for me again, but the funny part is I truly felt like I could of easily been 6 lower if I didn't start off the round with a triple bogey and go on to miss a couple easy 4 foot putts.

Funny how this game messes with your head. Thought I played like crap this round after breaking 90 for the first time. Even though I didn't shoot well it was my second best round. Not shooting well, but not having a couple horrible holes ended up being my second best round of 91. Once I knew I couldn't break 90, I finished birdie, par, bogie on the last 3 holes. Thats when I relaxed.Screenshot_20200810-195752_18Birdies.jpg

Some days golf is bizarre. Shot a 40 in league tonight. 5 pars, 2 birdies, a double, and a snowman quad. 😗 Quad started with an ob tee shot. Short hole with narrow fairway, water left, ob right. Slapped one out. OK. Nail next one and range finder says 115 to pin. I hit a 3/4 50 exactly as I want and think I am going to have a chance to save a bogey. Fly green. Now I have an impossible pitch back up from 35 yards to a raised green that slopes away. I was about a yard long from where I needed to land and rolled over and down. Hard chip back up and 2-putt after first one 360’s out. Other than the tee shot, I feel like I hit every shot well. Double included a ball that embedded in a tree. I tried to hit out before taking an unplayable. One of those rounds. 🤬

Oh yeah, after some discussion and testing it turns out my rangefinder is fubar. My flown green was from 95, not 115. If I tag a flag 5 times I get 5 different numbers in with some about 10-15 yards off. That was not helpful. 😅

9 holes tonight after work, very hot and muggy.

35 ( level)
4 birdies, 2 bogeys, 1 double

Happy with how I played apart from the 2nd hole, a misjudged 3rd shot cost me

August 11, Played at Cable Hollow near Russel PA. Play there most Tuesdays

Had my best round in years. 38, 38 - 76 It is only the fourth time in my life I've broken 80.

Two double bogeys, lots of pars and a few bogeys. birdied 10 and 11.

Didn't have many clunker swings. Putting was really on. Chipping was great, only one chip that wasn't within 6 feet. (Anything inside of 6 feet I assume I'm going to make.)

Back