What did you shoot today?

34 - 40 - 74. Started out birdie - birdie for I believe the first time ever. Played really solid over the next 6 holes with 5 pars and a birdie and then the wheels fell off... Proceeded to bogey 6 of the next 8 holes before finishing par - birdie. 4 birdies, 8 pars and 6 bogeys.

38/35 for one over 73. This was one of the most solid rounds I ever remember playing.

Shot a lackluster 43 today. Had 2 bogies, 1 double, and 1 triple. Missed a couple decent opportunities for birdies. The double and triple were from bad tee shots. This could have easily been a 39 or 40.

Only time for 9 holes before league. 38 4/7 FIR 3 GIR and 14 putts with a putter I used for the first and last time. Just didn't feel good at all.

34 - 40 - 74. Started out birdie - birdie for I believe the first time ever. Played really solid over the next 6 holes with 5 pars and a birdie and then the wheels fell off... Proceeded to bogey 6 of the next 8 holes before finishing par - birdie. 4 birdies, 8 pars and 6 bogeys.

I hate that. I did the same thing not too long ago.

Finally happened last night, broke 80 for a new PB 78. Have been playing terrible golf the last few rounds but it all came together last night with back to back birdies, and was one over on the back 9. Driver was still a bit wayward, but managed a couple of lucky breaks and recoveries to be able to pull it together. Couple of 3 putts as well, including a missed one foot tap in when took my mind off the game mid conversation. Is a strange game!

Finally happened last night, broke 80 for a new PB 78. Have been playing terrible golf the last few rounds but it all came together last night with back to back birdies, and was one over on the back 9. Driver was still a bit wayward, but managed a couple of lucky breaks and recoveries to be able to pull it together. Couple of 3 putts as well, including a missed one foot tap in when took my mind off the game mid conversation. Is a strange game!
Congrats on the new PB!!!! Awesome.

Moved forward today from what I’ve been playing this summer to 6500, turns out the driver swing was there today and it really wasn’t fair to the layout.

35/35-70(-2)

20200812_135838.jpg

Putted out of my mind today. Driver was a little better than when I was messing with it a couple days ago, approach dispersion was off just enough to get under my skin a little, but I was dropping putts like I haven't done in a looong time. My friend, who is one of the nicest guys around, took out a window on a house on #6 and never quite recovered. I also accidentally played the wrong club on a par 3. It was an eventful outing.

43/42 = 85. Had a decent round going until I went double/triple/double on the last three holes. 😬 10/12 FW, 5/18 GIR, 31 putts. 1 birdie, 8 pars, 5 bogeys, 3 doubles, 1 triple.

39/38 - 77. Regular 4some that's always out first let me tee off first. Teed off by myself at 5:50 in the dark. Finished the round in 2.5 hours.

20200813_141744.jpg

Now that was a round. Had a few wayward drives, and was actually struggling a little at the start. Made some great recovery shots the few times I was really out of position, chipped in on 5 from 20', dropped a couple really tricky putts, and was really good on approach again once I got going. Only used a greenside wedge twice.

My overall distance with my irons is a little down this week, but I lost 12 lbs last week when I was under it, so I'm giving myself a pass for now based on that, and that my control with them has been phenomenal.

Played to my cap for the first time in a little while. Was looking forward to a couple big scores dropping off soon, but won't matter much now. Fun day on really challenging greens.

74 :eek:

Not been playing great or should I say not swinging great. Took a video of my swing yesterday, different clubs, front and face on and was a bit pissed at what I saw to be honest it was :poop: A sway, flat footed with no shifting to the lead foot, a bit of a chicken wing, over the top and just all round nasty really, the only decent bit was the not as much flip at impact as which was there before.

With that I needed a reset and what better way than to move to the forward tee's with the wife and have a simple irons only round. Granted its a shorter distance but hitting an iron off the tee box to leave as near as you can distance to the green that you normally do helped no end toady. It felt like I was a different golfer, relaxed and a bit effortless. I did flip a few wedges and flew two greens, but man that little reset today was a gift and I'd encourage anyone feeling a bit miffed about there swing to go do the same thing.

Played 9 today to test out the ribs. Good news is they are tight but not really any pain. Better news is I shot a 36 with a bogie and birdie after not playing for two weeks. Hopefully no pain tomorrow and then it’s a green light for my club championship this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 over on the front and 10 over on the back. Most of that was the first few holes after the turn. Really a good day of ball striking. Putts just didn’t fall for me. Can’t complain as the round felt really good. We will get it tomorrow.

A 3 under 70 today that began with a 10 foot eagle putt made on the first hole. I three putted the 18th for par, lol. Another three putt from 12 feet on the 13th hole so I definitely left a few out there.

81 today with 3 doubles on pretty tough track. Handicap was adjusted to a 9 from a 6 on this particular course so I’m pretty happy with the round

Yesterday was just one of those rounds where the struggles started from the first tee box and continued through the final putt on the 18th green. My driver failed me today where I accumulated 10 penalty strokes due to lost balls into a hazard. Thank goodness for my iron play otherwise this round could have got real ugly. Hit 5/14 fairways, 33 putts. Ended up shooting 42/45 - 87 with 1 birdie & 6 pars. Time to figure out what happened to the swing.

39. Got to play 13 holes after work and was +6 so who knows maybe breaking 80 was possible haha. Made Par 8/13 holes, 1 bad double but hey.

4 GIR. 3/7 FIR. 16 Putts for my front 9.

3 Bogeys and all 3 Par putts I missed were inside 10 feet, one of them 5 feet, Close only works in horseshoes and hand grenades, hardy har har.

Swing felt good. Little toey with driver only but irons, wedges, and hybrids were a welcomed bonus with ball striking. Even had a Par using hybrid off the fringe leading to a gimmie Par!

I hit the range Wednesday and just felt meh after a good time chipping & putting, hitting a bucket just doesn't do it for me.

I hit about 15-20 golf balls before the round and found something, rolled it right into the round, let's see how long this new "find" lasts, hah!

Yesterday. Played up a set to 6500 again since I’ve got a scramble coming up at that distance. Shot 40/32-72....had not one, but TWO triples on the card. So yeah......

Yesterday. Played up a set to 6500 again since I’ve got a scramble coming up at that distance. Shot 40/32-72....had not one, but TWO triples on the card. So yeah......
That could of been a super good round.

45/51 96 last night. I got a little loose in the middle of the back nine with three triples and a double but brought it back around with a par/bogie finish. Overall I'm happy and the swing changes from my lesson haven't hurt me too badly yet. Plenty to clean up but that's five straight rounds under 100 and I'm proud of that.

45/51 96 last night. I got a little loose in the middle of the back nine with three triples and a double but brought it back around with a par/bogie finish. Overall I'm happy and the swing changes from my lesson haven't hurt me too badly yet. Plenty to clean up but that's five straight rounds under 100 and I'm proud of that.
You should be, congrats. No time at all and you will be breaking 90 regularly. (y)

Back