What did you shoot today?

20201201_155646.jpg

Special day today for me, so a couple of the fellows and I got goofy out there and it was tons of fun. And I played really well until right at the end. Nothing too spectacular, but a lot of good. Missed a couple long par 5 approaches that would have been missed greens on a longer course (Modus 120S & ZX7 long irons are a bad fit), but drove the ball great most of the day while we played 80's theme songs on most tees :LOL:, stuck a couple wedges, and drove (and held) the par 4 10th for the first time (Rocky theme song on that tee), and didn't really make any big mistakes until I lost one way right on 17. Missed some putts I could have made, and soft and CPO, but can't really complain. Best time I've had out there in a little while.

Oh, and I wore a hoodie today while we played music, so you can hate on us all you want.

Last edited:
Congrats on the HIO! 3 in 18 months, that's amazing!
Yeah man, this one was special because we got to watch it go in. My other two were slightly elevated / obscured so I never saw it. This hit pin high about 3 ft to the right, took one hop forward, then spun back to the left and I heard the clank of the flag. New irons so the grooves are shahpppp

42/42 for an 84 today. 6/12 FW, 5/18 GIR, 32 putts.

Highlight of the day was on a par 5 - hit my approach shot left and ended up partway under a bush, with room for about an 8" backswing, on a downhill lie. I punched it onto the green (have I professed my undying love for my 58° PM Grind lately???), it rolled across the green to the opposing fringe, and I sunk a 24' putt from the fringe to save par.

42-40 on a day when there were snow flurries when we teed off at 11am and it was 33 with feels like temps of 24. Yeah we’re hard core like that!

No warmups. Still thawing out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

40 - 37 - 77. Pretty solid round for me in low 50 degree temps. I am usually just happy to keep it under 80 in the cold. Hot weather is my thing, not cold. Haha. 1 birdie, 11 pars and 6 bogeys.

40 - 37 - 77. Pretty solid round for me in low 50 degree temps. I am usually just happy to keep it under 80 in the cold. Hot weather is my thing, not cold. Haha. 1 birdie, 11 pars and 6 bogeys.
I prefer the hot weather too. It was in the high 40s when we teed off today, high 50s when we got done. I got by for most of the round in a polo shirt with a long sleeve under layer, but it was definitely jacket weather for the first few holes.

49-48 for an ugly 97. My game is heading in the wrong direction right now. Not really sure what to do right now. Play more, take a break? It’s really frustrating currently.

38 - 38 - 76. 1 birdie, 12 pars and 5 bogeys.

39-45 for an 84. My game absolutely left me on the back

93 at Lebaron Hills. Didn't play that badly just couldn't make a putt.

20201204_183109.jpg

Skipped a couple again, but going to post this one for posterity.

Never had a start quite like that before. Running late, no warmup, didn't get a chance to roll a new putter beforehand, nothing, but came out on fire. Alignment was good and it felt like point and shoot. Felt like an all-time score was possible. Fell back to earth a bit with the putter, as you can see. That shaft is seriously springy, and we didn't get along on longer putts. CPO on a course not meant for that got us a bit too. It's faster and less distance to just walk it. Still plenty of good shots on the back though, just not as many falling. Felt great to have the Apex MB's on automatic, and driver game continued to be really good. Exhausted at the end trying to make something of the opportunity, and that's always a good thing. Grateful for it.

Last edited:
46-44 for a 91. Much better today than yesterday. Maybe the score don’t reflect it but it was. I gave myself chances today. Ball striking was night and day better. Made a couple gear changes, driver went to the Ping G410. Money. Irons were a return to the Apex and game changer. I was long most of the day. I’m ok with long. Means I’m striking the ball well.

I wa a fortunate enough to play with @Jank yesterday at Memorial Park. Jacob and I have played a lot of golf together and have even paired up as a team for a few non THP events. So playing with him is fun and relaxing.

I went 42/42 for an 84 which I am happy about after starting with a triple on the first hole. I fought the driver a bit, but still managed to hit 10 fairways. Irons were good but GIR was low which forced me to scramble and thank god my short game showed up because it saved my round. I ended up with 29 putts officially, but if I count the putts from the fringe or just off the green it’s at 32 which is very good for me.

overall a good round for December golf.

Last edited:
37/38=75 today. Split round, played the front 9 from 2900 and the back from 3200.
11/14 FIR 10/18 GIR and 32 putts. Putter was a bit cold on the front but got better on the back.

38 - 37 - 75. 4 birdies, 7 pars and 7 bogeys.

45/39 = 84. 11 pars, 3 bogeys, 3 doubles and a triple where everything fell apart.

45-51 96 with 39 putts. Fell apart on the back 9 wrapping up the round with a snow man.

37/35 - 72

03C4FDB2-17E8-443E-8722-CB00AC58BE37.png

101 at Torrey Pines North. First time over 100 in awhile. The course is in amazing condition getting ready for the farmers but the rough was the thickest I have ever played in and ate us alive. Never played in rough like that and it was brutal to miss fairways. Ball striking was actually really good but my short game was bad and that’s a killer at Torrey. Hard to complain about 70 and sunny on the ocean in December though.

40 on the front 9 today at a 2:45 pace for the 9. No rhythm to be found being that slow lol we stopped at the turn.

Back