What did you shoot today?

41/46 - 87 Friday. I was comfortable and heading for the low 80s, but I got a bit tired on the back 9 and had several 3 putts, a 4 putt, and a bad chip which brought my score up. All in all, was a great game and very happy with it.

43-41/84 today. My best score by 3 strokes on this PB Dye course down the street, which is one of the toughest courses I play. 29 putts, I was lights out. Two putts outside of 15 feet and a 40 foot putt that dropped from the fringe. Made a couple mistakes and really felt like it could have been even better. Absolutely thrilled with this round!
1606681268724.png

46-52 - 98 on my home course, par 67.

46 on the front is a good score for me. But it didn’t last and the wheels fell off on the back 9. Too many poor tee shots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

85 (43-42). 36 putts that included a 4 putt and 4 3-putts. Sad to say, not an unusual occurance for me this year. I have a putter fitting/analysis on Tuesday. It can’t get here soon enough. Starting to be a painful thing - hitting the ball well then wasting it because of putting. A FIR, GIR, 3-putt is starting to be a regular thing.

Birdied the 490 yard par 5 1st (damn near eagle), gave it back on the 175 yard par 3 2nd (you can’t miss right and left sucks too, but I missed a 3 footer after an excellent pitch) then rattled off 7 pars for an even par 36. Lots of tap ins and chances to make a putt. I’ve been dialed in 125 and in the past couple rounds. Almost scarily. I’ve also hit a lot of shots with the Sub70 699 7i. Wow does that perform. I just have no need for a club that long. I took my 4i out of the bag to play it, it isn’t quite as long as my 4i but there are a couple perineal into the wind holes that it’s perfect for. Me hitting any 7i 180 into the wind is amazing with my spin. That sucker just cuts right through it. I suppose I’m going to have to send it away now though, dangit.

I almost wish I played a course long enough to justify me getting a set. They are crazy long though and I’m more concerned with gapping from 100-160 than 160-225. Most of the latter yardages only come into play on par 5’s or really poorly struck shots on 4’s.

Two over today. Played the front 9 from the whites though. Finished 18 with a nice birdie.

Not happy with my ball striking though. Some birdies made the score pretty good.

85 today. It could have been so much better. I was burning edges and just missing birdie and par purrs all day. 11 birdie or par purrs that just missed on the first 11 holes. No doubles for the first time in a long time.

Two over today. Played the front 9 from the whites though. Finished 18 with a nice birdie.

Not happy with my ball striking though. Some birdies made the score pretty good.

I’ve been the opposite. I’m giving myself 10 legit looks at birdie the past couple rounds (or 5 for 9) and not making any of them. My proximity is as good as it’s ever been, can NOT buy a putt.

I’ve been the opposite. I’m giving myself 10 legit looks at birdie the past couple rounds (or 5 for 9) and not making any of them. My proximity is as good as it’s ever been, can NOT buy a putt.
My putting is pretty solid. My driving is has been great and terrible all in the same round.

Wish Titleist would send ma dang TSi2 already!!!! 😆

Last edited:
Had a good round today. 79 with a couple of stupid holes. 83% of fairways hit, driver average 5yds longer although GIR still not great. A pretty good round for me though.
1606694329043.png

37/38 = 75

42/41 83 back to 🌍

Yeah I have no faith whatsoever that I’d have held it together for 18.

Last full 18 there I played well with a 41/35. Today front was even 36.

I’m doing nothing well other than stuffing approach shots.

I’ll take it, but it’s a weird brand of golf for me.

What a day today shot even par on the front 9 at 36 with 2 birds. Then came the back 9-47. Three bad tee shots led me to trouble. I still managed to get some pars on the back and had a few birdie ops also. I am getting better at realizing why I hit a bad shot and think I nailed down what happened on those shots.

On DEC 12TH I am playing in my first ever actual tournament at the course I played today. Will be grind time until that weekend. Then on the 13th we have our league again on a super hard course!

Coldish round Saturday, about 46 with a little breeze when we teed off, about 39 when we finished and I wasn't dressed for it, luckily I'm pretty well insulated. It did take a few hours to warm up after though. I hadn't played for a couple weeks and the rust showed on the front 59 but started to settle in with a 46 on the back.

We were playing a variation of wolf I've never played before where a birdie doubles the points and the last three holes, low man gets to bet how many points (up to the differential between first and last) they will play for on that hole, half or less takes the birdie doubler out of play, they then get to choose the order of the players teeing off behind them. I went from 6 points, 22 behind the leader, to 46 points, 5 clear of the leader in three holes. It worked out for me this time but seems like that could get dicey. For all I know they were making those rules up as we went but it was fun.

46 front 50 back... I can't wait until my lessons start.

20201130_102017.jpg
20201130_135535.jpg

That's all I have to say about that.

Played another 9 holes yesterday. Shot a solid 44. Its been hard for all of my playing partners to start earlier enough for 18 holes so we've been doing 9 lately. We were able to play the back nine this time. We saved our front nine score from a few days ago and combined for 18 holes. The 46 last week and 44 yesterday put me at 90. Best score in a very long time.

I don't get many pars but I've been super steady with the bogeys. I feel like I can go on a nice bogey run for 6 or 7 holes now. When I miss fairways it isn't off a lot. usually in the first cut with a clean lie. I still don't get many greens in regulation. But I don't miss those by much either. My chips haven't been nestled up close but they haven't hurt me either. Usually two putt range.

I would say the worst part of my game now is the putting. Not getting a good feel on the long lags. Missing too many straight 6 foot putts. I'm going to spend some extra time on the practice greens trying to get a better feel for the lags.

44/38 = 82. Struggled a little on the front (1 double and 1 triple), but was +3 on the back coming into 18. Missed a long downhill breaking birdie putt on 18 by about 1/8" - literally almost half the ball was hanging over the hole, but that's exactly how it stopped. 5/12 FW, 8/18 GIR, 33 putts.

Just played 9 first time mountian course.
Happy with a 43.
472ad457db0fb6c68fd0624f215a8c5d.jpg

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

78. A couple double bogeys and zero birdies but short game saved me big time

Double , Two Bogeys, Two Birdies and an Ace... quite the front 9 today.

E22A84B1-9EA7-4E32-B3AE-3EA28C305F92.jpeg

F551E671-4650-4B4D-9529-7A706F9DFD5B.jpeg

Back