What did you shoot today?

34/40 74.
16 GIR was so fun, but choked at the end again. Double on 17 was heartbreaking.
Lotta good stuff happening to choke your way into 16 greens and a 74 though. 👊

89 after a disaster on the front; ultimately done in by the par 5’s (+6 on those 4 holes). So bad, so very bad.

Sim round 77. Back to back rounds under 80. I don’t know what this looks like in the course, but it’s definitely improvement. I was consistent in my misses. This new swing(ish) has me going right. I lost a few waaaay right, but chipped pretty well, narrowly missing a few up and downs inside my 6 foot gimme range.
739AE4C2-C81A-47E2-B200-5345F1EAC8F6.jpeg

View attachment 8992250

All the crazy impending weather (and no golf) talk, along with the Cally bonus thing must have tweaked me a bit, because I pissed off the wife bad enough for her to tell me to go golfing on her day off. :unsure:. So I skipped a few hours of work, and we got through quick on a mostly empty course before the rain came. Hit a few beauties, and one so bad that we can't figure out what exactly happened. Boggling. Couldn't putt for **** with my left eye being weird. Got pin blocked on holing out a bunker shot, and FINALLY hit the little blind par 3. Stuck it at 3'. Lost (thankfully I suppose) the Taylormade glove that refused to stay velcro'd. Played the last ones barehanded which I think felt even weirder in the cold, and the wedges I haven't bothered to regrip really stood out. Need to get on that later tonight.
A mostly empty course would have been nice today! My club was packed, our round took 4:22 which is an absolutely glacial pace for us. Yesterday with an open course ahead of us (after we played through one group), we finished in 3:21. Today was a lot of sit around and wait. At least the company was good!

A mostly empty course would have been nice today! My club was packed, our round took 4:22 which is an absolutely glacial pace for us. Yesterday with an open course ahead of us (after we played through one group), we finished in 3:21. Today was a lot of sit around and wait. At least the company was good!
I thought it would be packed with what's basically a holiday weekend with the Superbowl, but the weather is bad enough it's keeping people away. I just found out the homeowner of the property I'm working on is coming home early tomorrow, so I might take the wife for a quick round before the game if it's pretty empty again. We were definitely done in less than 3 today, and I think she might be able to stay warm enough if we can move that fast.

You going again tomorrow?

I thought it would be packed with what's basically a holiday weekend with the Superbowl, but the weather is bad enough it's keeping people away. I just found out the homeowner of the property I'm working on is coming home early tomorrow, so I might take the wife for a quick round before the game if it's pretty empty again. We were definitely done in less than 3 today, and I think she might be able to stay warm enough if we can move that fast.

You going again tomorrow?
Nope, tomorrow is a day off even though the weather is going to be primo (high of 76° with light winds). And the tee sheet tomorrow is pretty much packed solid from 7:30 am until 12:30 pm. I'm staying home, relaxing and watching golf, back at it Monday morning. Have fun tomorrow!

42/44 for an 86. Started off strong, but a few miscues blew the score up.
If you don't mind me asking.... Seems like you consider 86 a bad score for you as a 15.7 hdcp; What score do you consider good/avg? How long is the course you played?

If you don't mind me asking.... Seems like you consider 86 a bad score for you as a 15.7 hdcp; What score do you consider good/avg? How long is the course you played?
I consider a good score as around 82 or better, with my average at 85 over my last 20 rounds. I was playing men’s club yesterday, where a large percentage of the guys are over 65 and some over 70, and it was a bit windy so we played the white tees, which are 5573 with a CR/slope of 65.6/111.

Our usual men’s club/combo tees we most often play are around 5750 yards with a CR/slope of 66.7/114, and my scores are pretty much identical between those tees and the whites. From a differential point of view I score better from the combo tees, but on men’s club days I play whatever everybody else is playing.

Had my best round yet after starting back at lessons. Shot a 36-39-75 with 6 bogies and 3 birdies and 26 putts. Was very very happy overall. Just had a couple of mental mistakes but ball striking was pretty good and my short game was on fire. I had a ball roll by the hole and ended up 6 inches from a HIO. Next time... next time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I consider a good score as around 82 or better, with my average at 85 over my last 20 rounds. I was playing men’s club yesterday, where a large percentage of the guys are over 65 and some over 70, and it was a bit windy so we played the white tees, which are 5573 with a CR/slope of 65.6/111.

Our usual men’s club/combo tees we most often play are around 5750 yards with a CR/slope of 66.7/114, and my scores are pretty much identical between those tees and the whites. From a differential point of view I score better from the combo tees, but on men’s club days I play whatever everybody else is playing.
OK, Thanks for answering.

37 out, 40 in. Left 2 or 3 shots out there as well. Couldn’t hit an iron for toss during my last round. This round, I was striping them. Stupid game!!!

Screenshot_20210207-202621_TheGrint.jpg
74.0/131

Couple bad scores from last week seem like a distant memory, and the ZX7 and I did good things together, again. Started on the back and started rough with everyone figuring out how to work with standing water CPO, 36* weather, and lots of layers. Slowed things down after the bunker shot on 3 and focused on accuracy. Didn't miss another fairway or green until a brutal approach on the last hole that came up about a foot short, and came back down and rolled right into a water hazard. Started attacking pins as things came together and actually missed a lot of good birdie looks. Felt really good though and I will have dreams of feeling like that there during the summer. They're covering greens Tuesday day for 6 days with weather coming, so it was great to get out with a couple guys, kill some time, and have some fun.

Drove 3 hours west to play on the Central California coast at Morro Bay with a buddy. Long story short....I got my ass handed to me on the greens. Unpredictable and unforgiving, screamin' fast! Mistakes were punished....harshly. I made plenty of mistakes.
I had more than one break uphill toward the ocean. My buddy warned me. But I just didn't buy it. On one hole, I had a 20 footer for par on seemingly level ground. With a nice smooth swing, I sent 'er on 'er way.....going straight toward the hole. Then it started slowing down, made a u-turn about two or thee feet short and came right back, stopping further away from where it started. I woulda been pretty happy getting it close for a tap in bogey, as I'm typically a bogey player anyway. But dag-nab it. A four putt for a triple. Admittedly, I pretty much gave up on it when my second putt was still six feet away.
Driving and fairway hitting were fairly decent. At least for me.
What started out as kinda funny, soon turned to apprehension, then frustration. Shot 102 with 44 putts.
But, it was a beautiful day, playing with short sleeves. So, I reckon it coulda been worse. We got to play anyway.

46/38 for an 84. Very satisfied with that, considering that I woke up with a back so sore that I could hardly tie my shoes, and was having trouble getting through the ball all day. Thank goodness my short game was working halfway well today and I sunk a few long putts, including a 51 footer for birdie. 3/12 FIR, 5/18 GIR, 30 putts. Absolutely picture perfect day weather-wise, 74 degrees and just a light breeze.

Screenshot_20210208-211908_Chrome.jpg

I played 18 earlier, but this is the one I want to remember. First outing with the Apex Pro/MB IO 6.5 combo. Teed with nothing longer than a 4i, and didn't have an approach more than 18' away from the pin. Didn't putt that well, but about as good a first outing as there can be with new sticks I think. Felt AWESOME.

Yesterday was a "serious". practice day for me. By that, I mean minimum balls, maximum focus. Even had my gps fired up for yardages.

90% of my practices are more for swing exercises, and familiarity with ball lie situations. I'm probably guilty of "ball raking" a lot of times.

Yesterday it was all business. Took my time with most aspects of my 100 yard swing. Ball position, club face aim, stance/feet positions, over all body alignment, one piece take away, and my own down swing tempo, and timing. Between each shot, I would take a break, move around, maybe take a few practice swings, them step into my next shot. I was in no hurry.

Hit 28 balls. Normally I'm in the 56-70 ball range.

Target was flag pin, on a 10' foot diameter green, 100 gps'd yards away. Club was my pw. Balls were, gamers, hit off dormant, grassy, soft, moist, thin lies. No divots taken. Just a little brush job on the turf.

Of the 28 balls hit, 23 of them, I would consider decent. The 5 poor shots, although hit on line, were a bit on the fat side. A hip rotation problem for me.

My max horizontal dispersion (7-8 shots) was 20 yards, with most balls in the 10-12 yard range. A few more were in a close line with the pin.

My short/long dispersion was 7-10 yards. Had 5 balls stay on the green. Probably 20 balls would have stayed on a regular size green.

After those 28 balls, I went to the putting green, rolling putts to 6 different pins, 3 times, in no particular order. This using just one e6 ball. Par was 36, I took 31 putts. Distances were from 5' feet to 10 yards. (made a couple of those long ones)

Again, this was a minimum balls, maximum focus type practice using my normal putting routine.

I'll be playing 18 holes later today, and tomorrow. I'll be looking for some good numbers both days. Can't waste this great weather.

41/39 for an 80. Missed a slippery downhill sidehill par putt on the last hole or I would have broken 80 for the second time in my life. 5/12 FIR, 7/18 GIR, 30 putts and no three putts.

played Sunday on a 6400 yard course.... way too long. A good drive for me is 230, way too many par 4s over 400. Shot 90.
Played my home course today and shot 82 with a long birdie putt and a putt from off the green to save par.
Source of improvement - took my yardage chart and took 10 yards off the carry for pw and up. was pin high most holes.

+6/+8...got greedy on a coupe of holes on the back 9 that made me pay for my stupidity :rolleyes:

42-41 includes a birdie. All bests for me for months. It’s tournament fishing season so no practice and very little play currently. Driver has been solid the past couple rounds.

Rough day today with the putter! I for some reason thought it would be a good idea to game the Las Vegas and bad choice. Driver was fire until my body seized up on 12. Temp dipped and it was like my body said, “Nope!”. I had 5 putts on the front 9 inside 3’ I missed which would not have happened with the 10. Irons were ok but not great. Ended up short on a lot of holes today. Got a text mid round from my fitter that my new driver is shipping out on the 18th though so that was exciting but this score will probably reek havoc on the HC.
7BBDD383-C569-469C-A602-422BAEDEACE4.png

42/44 = 86. Not even a tale of two nines - I was +2 through the first six holes, then +12 for the next 12. 7/12 FW, 6/18 GIR, 33 putts. Nice thing was that the course was wide open in front of us until we caught up to another twosome on #15, and playing as a twosome we finished in just under 2:40.

+7/+7...some distractions but i am really happy with the result.

As a public health doctor have not got to play last week and envy all of you but I did help oversee a vaccine clinic that gave out hundreds of shots of another sort.

Back