What did you shoot today?

47/46 - 93

Struck ball really well. Putter let me down and had a couple blow up holes. 3 triples and 40 putts. So many strokes given up. Should have shot a 87-89 realistically.

But it was a great fun round. So no complaints.

What did I shoot today??? Not sure... it was the first day out up here in the frozen tundra of MN.... I kept track for the first 2 holes - I was even at that point.... and then the dreaded S's (sh@*k$) came out to join me for the rest of the round so I stopped keeping score... But it was nice being out on a real course. Hopefully they'll be gone tomorrow as we're going back out again before a possible few inches of snow arrives on Monday....

45/36 yesterday. Tale of two nines for sure.

42/39-81 +9 and boy was it a roller coaster! Seven pars, five bogeys, three birdies, two doubles and a triple. A little bit of everything today but it was great to finally be back outside

42/37=79. Couldn’t seem to get it going on the front nine. Much better back nine with a birdie on 18.

I played for the 2nd time on my new knees yesterday. I only had time for 9 but I played surprisingly well. I shot 37.
3 bogeys, back to back birdies to finish 1 over. I really need to work on getting my leg strenght back along with stamina though.
My legs were shot fter the 9 holes.

44/50-94, but VERY encouraged by the ball striking today. One bad hole (a quad) on the back, but was able to bounce back with a par on the next hole and minimize the damage.

Missed 6 putts from 10-15 feet today by a total of about 6 inches. Lag putting is on point. Just not hitting enough greens.

Getting close... I’ll be in the 80s again soon

Screenshot_20210314-124847_TheGrint.jpg

Expected storms got pushed back a little so got to get a round in with a friend on his home course. Not a very tough track, and after playing mostly straight on the front I decided to go hyper aggressive off the tee with the new drivers to have some fun. Feared for a couple houses/buildings, and my best drive of the day blew through the corner of a dogleg I didn't have the yardage quite right on, but it was fun. Loaded the ZX7's in the truck this morning 'just in case', zoomed through in about 2:30 while the wife ran errands, showed him how to enter stuff in thegrint while we ate lunch, and it was just a great way to kill a few hours with a friend who hadn't been feeling well.

Shot 76 today. It was 42* cloudy with about 10-15 mph of wind today. Now when I got home it is 34* and snowing.

Round was solid. I had a double when I pulled my drive left and hit a tree trying to recover which put the ball right back at my feet. I had one 3 putt on the back. For stats I hit 10/13 fairways and 11/18 greens. I took 31 putts and got up and down 4/7 times. Overall I hit it pretty solid for this time of year in New England.

37 - 37 - 74. 2 birdies, 12 pars and 4 bogeys. Had to get in all I could this week before they punch and sand the greens tomorrow.

38/37=75 11FIR, 10GIR, 30 putts. Short game saved me today.

44/44 for 88 today. I have a tough time in the wind I really need to figure that out. I did putt well with the new SC I just got. I made a nice birdie from about 20 feet or so downhill. The new hybrid was solid just needed to not go so strong with the grip I found out. Still a fun day even not hitting my driver well.

36/40 - 76 +4 today. Three birdies on the front with two of them being chip ins (which means I was missing some greens lol)

I was fading fast on the back after walking and carrying for 18 yesterday and walking 18 more today. First two rounds of the year, so I'm not in back to back playing day shape yet but it felt good to score well even if I wasn't at my best!

Last edited:
Better round on Sunday. Broke 80! Front was 38 (+3), back started poorly, but back to back birdies brought it around. I only had 1 par on the back, but shot a 40. 78 total, 2 birdies, great driving day. Much too windy!

so after 6 weeks of cold and wet...finally got to get out and play some. Hit Cape Fear CC with @J.B. Cobb III and had a respectable 81. Knew I was in for trouble when we played the par 3 course first there....brand new and put my first shot 2 foot...Ha

Rolled down to Hilton Head and played a few rounds. 81 at Oldfield, 82 at Harbour Town, 83 at Wexford, 82 at CC HH and 84 at Crescent Point....Grens at Oldfield, HT and Wex were immaculate and I rolled the rock insanely well....but hit shots for crap...Go to Crescent our last round and hit the ball great...but couldn't putt for crap...Ugh...

Shot 41 on a par 29. My goal is bogey or less (38). So not a great score.

20210315_155936.jpg

Weird and fun day. Promised to play up with my friend on the front to change things up and it was interesting. Actually shot net par on it and it was cool to see some of the holes from totally different angles. Played better than I scored once I moved back, honestly. Trying to play my regular driver game with new and unfamiliar drivers definitely makes things more interesting. Felt some better today though so got some good work in on them and more useful results for comparison. Partial wedge game is a little off with the new MD5 customs too. Keep flying them a bit far on occasion. Got a good sandy with the 58 though, so that was nice. Soggy and cold when we started but soggy, 75, and sunny by the end. :p

Back