What did you shoot today?

40/47-87. Went out hot today on the front. Got a little loose on the back. Need to dial in my wedges or move back to the blue tees. Just not sharp enough to score. Best round of the year so far and three off my course best.
1618102399557.png

Man, sounds like the wind was everywhere today!

Net +3 with some fun. Started off with a bogey, which.. is not my norm. Got it back on 4 after hitting the pin on approach, birdie 6, drive green and eagle on 7, miss the par 3 8th by about 12 miles up in the wind but get up and down for par, hit the pin again on 3rd shot on 9 from 35 for no eagle but tap in par. Good front. Bogey 10 after about a 360y drive that got lost, and on and on. Holed a 9i from 164 for eagle on a 618y par 5 straight into the wind after a drive that hit a tree and kicked back at me about 70 yards. Could have reigned it in a little but we were having fun, and my approach shots were all over the pin regardless of where I was coming from. Course cleared out a little towards the end and we got to turn on the masters and man is it fun to listen to that on a speaker while you're out there getting after it. Good day.

Last warm, dry day for a while, so I ducked out for nine late in the day after one mowing pass and two fertilizer passes on the lawn. Probably not the best idea, especially late on a Saturday. Passed a family with a young kid and a group of seven before getting stuck two groups behind a glacillay slow group. Common theme - no idea of how to behave on a golf course. Doubled back in near darkness to play a par three I skipped to pass The Malevolent Seven.

Shot a 51. Hit only three fairways but didn’t miss by much on the others. My usually reliable short lobs cost me six strokes. Had 16 putts, and made three of them longer than ten feet. A number of putters from just off the green left me with a few tap-ins. First time out with the e12 Contact. My old distance is coming back, verified my hitting both the e12 Contact and AVX. All in all, feeling better about my game right now.

47/44 - 91. I knew I was playing well but didn’t know what my score was. Out my tee shot OB on 18 and finished with a double. So close to breaking 90. That plus a crappy drive into the water on the 3rd hole were my only really terrible holes. One other double on the hardest HC on the course.

I have been dealing with a broken toe. The doc has me set up with a little brace that is odd feeling, but it allowed me to push off of my foot again. I played 9 holes to give it a shot and shot one under, 35. 6 GIR. 15 putts. One bogey, two birdies. I am excited about golf again.

I have been dealing with a broken toe. The doc has me set up with a little brace that is odd feeling, but it allowed me to push off of my foot again. I played 9 holes to give it a shot and shot one under, 35. 6 GIR. 15 putts. One bogey, two birdies. I am excited about golf again.
"I can beat you with a broken foot and a brace on," is now what you should say to people.

Played yesterday- shot 77 and 81... not my best ball striking day and a terrible putting day. Got a new putter and working to get the feel down.

Finally got out yesterday. Had an ok 46 on the front was really hitting the ball well but putting and chipping was very poor. Only played 4 holes on back nine as it was slow and I had to go to a murder mystery dinn that wife set up, she owes me some free golf for that LOL. Those 4 holes was 1 over including 1 4 putt hole.

time to work on short game

Got out for the first time in 2021 yesterday and posted a 39-45 for an 84.... back 9 was gross.

105, Not the best start but there's plenty of room to improve.
I did hit 9/10 fairways with my driver.
It was the touch on the short game that is the most rusty and costing me all the extra strokes.

49-41 for a 90. Couldn’t hit a drive to save my life. Made 7 on 18 and lipped out for birdie and par on 16 and 17. Time to go to the range and work out my driver

38/41 for a 79. According to Arccos: 8/14 fairways and 7/18 greens which feels about right. 15/15 for 30 putts total.

Back to back 87’s on the same course, although there was a steady rain on the front nine today. I played well, but can pinpoint just a couple poor shots that prevented this from being a really great round. Chipping was on fire for the most part, which is nice considering the greens were wet and challenging to get a read on.
C91DFE5E-A63B-4033-9A94-3DD7EAF71912.jpeg

Shot 77 today. 47* and windy with wet damp fairways and greens at the start of the day. Wind was 20+ with gusts to 30 mph. Started a bit rough doubling one which frankly was playing as a par 5 then failing to get up and down on 2 from an easy sport. The 77 included 2 doubles and one birdie. I hit 9/14 fairways and 12/18 greens. 35 putts wasn’t great. Putting was tough on some of more exposed greens though as the wind was moving the ball a lot as the putts slowed.

I am pretty happy with my ball striking but need to get a bit of short game and putting practice in.

Course played tough. First hole is 415 into wind. I hit a solid driver and had 210 left hit 3W and still had 30 yards in. Second hole also is 415 and was playing into a cross wind. I hit driver, 5w to the front edge and didn’t get up and down. 3 was 155 with a hurt, quartering wind and I hit a sweet knock down 5i to 12 feet and missed the putt.

We had 12 guys playing today and 77 was low score but we were playing 2 best balls net. Our group was -7 and got beat which surprised me I felt we were going to be in pretty good shape.

41/42-83. Putter just was out of sorts today. Six freaking three putts. Was a round to forget and motivation for a better one next time

Screenshot_20210411-153833_TheGrint.jpg

She wanted to go and I kind of didn't, but I'm glad we did.

I started really slow. My hip and back were giving me a hard pass on even the thought of going after anything. Things turned around fast for the second outing in a row though. Great 6i to 10' for eagle and a couple tap in birdies. Then the epically slow pace kind of got me, and then I put an 8i to 8" on the last hole for a birdie finish. Clean round after some squares yesterday.

Wife though...

FIRST TIME BREAKING 100!!🔥🔥

First time 3 pars in a row, first time on a par 5 in 2, etc etc. She was pounding the ball off the tee again. Drove the fringe on 16 (241 uphill) and then pounded one 252 on the next to prime position into the par 5. If she could learn to putt she could be in the 80's. She had a blast, dog kept getting excited, and aside from it taking forever on a beautiful Sunday, it was great!

34-34 for a 68 at my local muni. Won a skin which sweetened the round too.

View attachment 9002501

She wanted to go and I kind of didn't, but I'm glad we did.

I started really slow. My hip and back were giving me a hard pass on even the thought of going after anything. Things turned around fast for the second outing in a row though. Great 6i to 10' for eagle and a couple tap in birdies. Then the epically slow pace kind of got me, and then I put an 8i to 8" on the last hole for a birdie finish. Clean round after some squares yesterday.

Wife though...

FIRST TIME BREAKING 100!!🔥🔥

First time 3 pars in a row, first time on a par 5 in 2, etc etc. She was pounding the ball off the tee again. Drove the fringe on 16 (241 uphill) and then pounded one 252 on the next to prime position into the par 5. If she could learn to putt she could be in the 80's. She had a blast, dog kept getting excited, and aside from it taking forever on a beautiful Sunday, it was great!
Congrats to your wife, I’m sure she was stoked!

105, Not the best start but there's plenty of room to improve.
I did hit 9/10 fairways with my driver.
It was the touch on the short game that is the most rusty and costing me all the extra strokes.
Short game can be a real PITA!

Played Phillips park in Aurora Il today. Finished birdie par eagle to shoot 71. Themis years off to a great start so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Windy day. 41/40=81 with 2 birdies on par 5's. One double on a par 3. Sand trap was hard as a rock.

47-41= 88. Course I’ve never seen before. 72.1 131. 6600 yds at sea level. One bag swing with hybrid and a wedge to follow cost me 4 strokes on one hole on front. Even with that it still under my cap.

89 on sat at a course I had not played before.

39-42 for 81 today. No birds even though I had the looks. Hole 11 today just beat me down. I hate that hole with a passion I need to learn to play it better. No more driver off the tee going 3 wood. Putting was much better I had 4 one putts finally.

Back