What did you shoot today?

Agree to disagree. And I’m certainly not getting that many simple approaches in most rounds. The 76 remains an outlier. My average score this year in 10 rounds at this course from 6,000 yards is 85. And let’s not forget you’re talking to the guy who produced this masterpiece.
BobRoss.jpg

Screenshot_20210602-191845_TheGrint.jpg

Course I don't get to play very often, but it was ladies day and the weather is terrible so we got on after them. CPO as always, slow, and got rained on once, but slowly put together a hell of a round.

Took the ZX7's and after just missing with a couple, hit a good PW into #7 and started to get them going. Was throwing darts the entire back 9 (missed what should have been easy bridies from 6 and 7 feet), and nearly holed the last one of the day from 171y to go out with a bang.

Other than a horseshoe and a baffling read, the M Craft IV and I were on fire. Got a little lucky on #1 with it. Wiggly stroke. Took the FCG last time and was definitely fighting the difference to start. No issues after hole #2 though.

Driver is just automatic right now. Missed two fairways with 3W's, but the only one I really missed with driver caught the lip of a fairway bunker at a dogleg.

Wedges felt better after some work on them yesterday and I'm liking the SM8 54/10S back in the bag right now.

It was just an unexpectedly good day and my PB there. :)

Had league today... shot 39 but I struggled with my driver ... gir was 7/9 so did well there. Missed a few makable birdie putts as well. Overall a bit grumpy faced about the round. Tomorrow is a new day.

41/36 = 77 last night It was also a matchplay tie which I sneaked a win on the last 1up(y)
The driver and the putter were not on the best of form but the zx5s were on it and feel off of the club was fantastic.
Just need to work out how to keep the driver on the short grass and see what happens then.

I had a very strange rollercoaster even par round where I had two really bad shots somewhat offset by an eagle. One of those was a bladed 60* from 45 yards that resulted in a double bogey and the other was my first ever OB tee shot on the 18th hole at my home course after I blocked it 80 yards right. I wound up making bogey on the hole but it was the first time I remember having an eagle, double bogey, and an OB penalty all in the span of 10 holes.

34 - 37 - 71 (-1). Was actually -2 through 16 but had to leave to pick up my daughter which left me with having to score a bogey on the par 5 18th (#2 handicap hole) which I average slightly less than par on. 4 birdies, 11 pars and 3 bogeys.

Played in a Seniors best ball 9 hole this morning and shot -4 32. Then after lunch, shot a 38 with some friends and won 4 skins and some $$$$

I continued my streaky play yesterday. Seems to be a trend this year. Anatomy of a round:

Green Zone - this group of first and last holes combine for 3 under over a cumulative 9 holes. Swing is grooving, life is good.

Orange Zone - This 9 hole stretch in the middle, I kind of got mentally derailed by long waits each tee for the senior groups ahead. Made a real poor tee shot on 6 leading to lost ball right after a long wait, made double. Missed par save on 7, ground out a crummy bogey on 8, then fell apart again on 9 as my brain was out to lunch. Back nine, slow groups peeled off clear course ahead. Mental reset. Missed green on 10, just missed Par save. Now hitting the ball better but can’t putt. Which brings up...

Red Zone - doubles on 6 & 9, but even worse were three 3-jacks in a row on 11, 12, and 13. 13th was justified, 11 and 12 should have been 2 putts. Gross!! 🤮.

8DBD381A-E94E-4276-AD62-96B36295843F.jpeg

Last edited:
Only got 9 in and shot 41 5/7 FIR 3/9 GIR and 16 putts Missed some easy chances to save par tonight as the putter wasn't real hot. Had fun though.

I shot 36/46 yesterday :eek: I was +3 standing on 16 tee, and ended up finishing +10 on the day. 82 is still my best round at that course, but 75 sure sounded sweet.

shot 1 under today....ha 4 holes with 2 gran kids first time on course...they shot 50 and 42...for 4 holes par 15...ha....then we got drenched...

Screenshot_20210604-140424_TheGrint.jpg

I'm golfed out. It took everything I had to try to hold that together. Came out on fire, but got gradually less in control. Body got tired, couldn't hold my angles, and developed the lefts. Big yank on #12 approach, failed save. Cooked an 8i from 174 into the water on 15, okay pitch from terrible drop, and dropped a lucky 14' putt for bogey. Monster drive on 18 leaving me 127y across the water into a par 5 and a great opportunity, and yanked a gap wedge that caught the wrong side of a ridge and ended nearly 40' away. Big week of scores but things feel like they're falling apart a bit. Need a break. Have league in a bit, but you couldn't pay me to golf tomorrow.

Friend played terribly, but we met some nice people, and the weather was perfect. Grateful for it.

34 - 35 - 69 (-3). Funny how my game suddenly comes back when the real heat and humidity finally kick in this year. Basically the same round as yesterday but got to play 17 and 18 today and birdied 18 whereas I had to skip them yesterday and take bogey on 18 because it is the #2 handicap hole. 5 birdies, 11 pars and 2 bogeys.

Played for first time in nearly 3 weeks ......shot 6 over 77 with 12 GIR's....very steady 15mph winds on the day.....NORTH PALM BEACH COUNTRY CLUB......#4 ranked muni in the country.
I'm realizing that if I don't make birdies , I'm going to struggle shooting par or better.....just not playing enough like my man @OldandStiff ! Lol

Last edited:
Played for first time in nearly 3 weeks ......shot 6 over 77 with 12 GIR's....very steady 15mph winds on the day.....NORTH PALM BEACH COUNTRY CLUB......#4 ranked muni in the country.
I'm realizing that if I don't make birdies , I'm going to struggle shooting par or better.....just not playing enough Luke my man @OldandStiff ! Lol
If I could trade some birdies for you to finish this current round, I would. :LOL:.

It does help though. I have this whole spiel about how playing regularly raises the floor, and without that it's tough to go low.

Screenshot_20210604-164901_TheGrint.jpg

Only played 9 today because of the heat. Just a little better than bogie golf 44.

Approach game was a bit off today it looks like..
It wasn't. And then it was a little. And then a lot. I'm just beat. I got nothing left, and trying to have it is just making it worse. I want to swing zero clubs for a couple days. Zero.

Looks like someone holed a bunker shot......on the YT channel?
No, not this one. I don't film me when I'm with those yahoos. They're way more fun on camera than I am. Lol And I'm being lazy. I haven't even uploaded the videos from this morning yet. I'm golf-tired. :LOL:

That was a little better this morning lol despite the double-palooza. Some really excellent shots and some downright terrible shots but felt great to be out there regardless.

Screen Shot 2021-06-05 at 8.45.42 AM.png

72 from the whites today. I didn’t hit the ball particularly well, but hung in there and scraped it around. A few birds on the back 9 helped.
My on course driving is still lack luster. I’m too tentative at times. When I swing more confidently and aggressively, I’m hitting the ball really nicely. Need to work on it more…

Last edited:
Back