What did you shoot today?

Another 77 w/ 29 putts even though I definitely deserved worse today. Lol
DDE5432D-DAAA-4402-B023-15E322BA7330.jpeg

Last night of our company work league. Shot my lowest score of the season on 9 with a 41. Had 4 birdies just barely lip out ...1 being from about 30ft or so. Was a beautiful night for golf so I can't complain at all.

43/40 for an 83. Got to the course 15 minutes before our tee time, was unloading my bag and got a call from one of my playing partners, "Meet us on the 7th tee". Scrambled down to the pro shop, grabbed a cart, loaded up and headed straight out to the 7th, no warm up at all. Somewhat predictably, started off with a double bogey. Ended up with 12 pars, 2 bogeys, 3 doubles and a triple. 5/12 FW, 9/18 GIR, 33 putts with no 3 putts.

46/44 - 90 kinda meh Course play was slow and was hard to stay in a groove. Was a bit rough off the tee box today and a couple of duffed chips, but irons and putting was strong. Two birdies helped the game not get too far out of wack.

Played another scramble with the wife today. Front nine we struggled with a 41 four pars and 5 bogies. Back nine we shot even par 36 with two birdies and we bogeyed the last hole. Shot 77 not bad after a terrible start.

20210806_161933.jpg

Ran in a hum dinger on a day when I felt ho-hum. Started slow. Still really sore and it's getting annoying. Rolled in a 30 footer to get going, driver->6i on the next to 15 and a 2 putt birdie, then kind of alternated good shot/bad shot and hung in until the putter caught fire on the back. Got totally robbed by a bad spot on the green on 15 or I would have ran the table on the way in. I was hot about it on 16 and kind of yanked my tee shot, and then dropped another beauty from 32'. Clean round but had a couple drives that could have been interesting. Real slow on the front with intermittent rain, and then when pace picked up on the back so did I.

86 at Waterford Lake. The course was bought by the Carolina Panthers owner as part of the new training facility for the team. Should have been a few lower but it was ok
Is this the Waterford near The Galleria in Rock Hill? I used to play there a lot with customers who worked nearby. Are they going to close due to the new Panther training facility? That would be a real shame. It's a great tract.

“Shot a -5 28” on the short nine hole course. Was playing drop a ball if I don’t like the first shot. Played 1-9 and then 1,8,9. Had two “eagles” and a great time. Second straight round I thought I had a HIO on the short par 3. Left the ball just above the pin again!

Walked 36 on a 90* day. 26,000+ steps.
R1: 39-42 / 81. A sloppy double on each 9.
R1: 38-46 / 84. The back 9 is harder but I started running on our gas.

Walking 36* again tomorrow...unless it rains.

Good Theragun session this evening.

All around mediocre 96 today. There were positives, but not many. It didn’t help that I played the blues which were playing 6,700 instead of their stated 6,400. I got a lot of ugly on camera so we’ll see what I see.
0DB7FAA2-32B4-42F5-BA31-9C2F88063555.jpeg

Guess I should pull my neck out, not touch a club for two weeks, then go play a round…

Didnt see this coming….

9DBC48C2-4F07-46EB-964D-DDC87DF5514E.jpeg

43-42 yesterday on a course I haven’t played before. The sand game was atrocious and really hurt me. I hit 5 or 6 free side bunkers and struggled to get up and down out of the sand. Bladed a few across the green entirely. So probably half a dozen extra shots as a result of bad bunker play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

41/40 for an 81 today. It was Men's Club and it was windy, so we played from the white tees (5600 yards, 65.6/111).

Our course is SO bad right now, it's bordering on goat track status. Greens are scalped/thatched prepping for overseed, rough is ridiculously overgrown, fairways have clumpy/bare spots, the fringe is more like first cut rough, most of the bunkers border on being unplayable. We were standing on one tee box commenting on how narrow they've made the fairways - I paced one of them, it was 15 yards wide, with thick 4"-5" Bermuda rough immediately bordering it on both sides. The greens are so bumpy it's almost like putting on a gravel road, your ball is bouncing all the way to the hole and there's no telling which way it will break (or not break). It's great if you want practice hitting from bad lies, but it's frustrating hitting from bad lies almost the entire round.

39/47 for an 86.

I'm really starting to develop a distaste for the 9th and 18th holes of courses; everything's fine, just rolling along and then comes the last hole of a nine. Why make bogey when you can make double?!?!? Totally lost driver on 10 and 11 but got it back after a par 3. Just couldn't scramble on the back - approach shots to just that uncomfortable length where a one-putt isn't guaranteed. Sloppy doubles on two par 5s certainly didn't help.

Played in my member-member-member and did ok. Shot a 42-37-79 with 4 doubles. Would have played lights out if not for the stupid doubles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

39/44 - 83.

M U S T
E L I M I N A T E
T H E
B L O W U P
H O L E S ! ! !
:mad:

106 at Torrey Pines south. Was driving really well but my short game was trash. Torreys greens are really tough and it makes it brutal with my poor chipping. Was striking it really well but had 6 approaches go over the green (I’m not used to flushing so many irons) which killed the score. Had two 50-60 yard pitch shots off drives that i smashed over the green. Very frustrating since that’s normally my best shot. Some brutal pin positions today with a couple of gimmicky ones right on slopes.

We were the second group out at 6:20am and it was the most enjoyable round in a very long time. First group out was flying and the group behind was very slow so we had no one within 2 holes of us in either direction the whole round. Felt like we had the course to ourselves and it was so nice to not be backed up behind slow players.

Me yesterday? A ho hum 85 but the legendary old fellow in our group bested his age by 7 shots! He's 82 and fired a 75. He was our club champion 10 times in earlier days.

...he fluffs it a bit in the rough and improves his lie but still, it's amazing to see him play. He hits it as far as the rest of us.

Back